Car randomly going offline (possibly into Privacy Mode) ?

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi, proud new owner of a Taycan Turbo. When I first got the car after just 2 days of ownership I went away on holiday for 8 days, talk about range anxiety - more like separation anxiety. Anyway while I was away I could check on the car from the App and see that it was still safely on the drive and that the battery did not suffer the parasitic drain experienced when I owned my Model S. When I returned I added the LKA from the store which prompted a PCM software update and the feature was duly added and works well. However after doing the upgrade the car now randomly goes offline, unreachable from the app or the web version of My Porsche. No until I put the car back into ready to drive mode does it reconnect with the servers and become available again. This happens EVERY time i leave the car now, never staying online for more than about 12 hours. Has anybody else has this?
I have tried resetting the PCM and reloading the App to no avail.
thannks.
Tony
Sponsored

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
It sounds like you’re losing LTE connection…it happened to several of us after a navigation software update several weeks ago….I lost LTE connection for almost a week. Somehow, someway, it reconnected…and I’ve never lost LTE since. Look for the LTE symbol on the top right of the center console. If the dreaded two horizontal lines with a diagonal slash is there, you have no LTE connection. Good luck!

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi, proud new owner of a Taycan Turbo. When I first got the car after just 2 days of ownership I went away on holiday for 8 days, talk about range anxiety - more like separation anxiety. Anyway while I was away I could check on the car from the App and see that it was still safely on the drive and that the battery did not suffer the parasitic drain experienced when I owned my Model S. When I returned I added the LKA from the store which prompted a PCM software update and the feature was duly added and works well. However after doing the upgrade the car now randomly goes offline, unreachable from the app or the web version of My Porsche. No until I put the car back into ready to drive mode does it reconnect with the servers and become available again. This happens EVERY time i leave the car now, never staying online for more than about 12 hours. Has anybody else has this?
thannks.
Tony
Hi Tony
In response to your stated issue my Jan 23 Taycan has just experienced same problem at the weekend with loss to MyPorsche for approx 3hrs.
I tried checking for updates but all were uptodate.
However I think that it could have been a problem with Porsche server.
Additionally I have also had a few other problems with s/w. The central screen has went off for circa 1 hr in the middle of a night time journey and also I am seeing a problem with my comfort entry system. The doors unlock then when I grab handle it decides to lock again trapping fingers.
So does anyone else have similar problems arising?
many thanks

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
It is the Verizon LTE issue.

I've not had My Porsche app connectivity since February 17th or to other over the air services like Apple, etc. I first tried reinstalling the app and then rebooting the PCM, didn't work.

Porsche knows about the problem as in a call to Porsche the rep said a lot of others were having the same problem. The rep said my "case" was being kicked up to "engineering." They were to contact me in a day or two letting me know if they could fix it remotely, or I had to take it to the dealer. That was last week...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
thannks.
Tony
This is fairly normal and can happen periodically.

Mine has not done it for a wee while now but did it last weekend. For no obvious reason either car was in same location etc.

It could be due to a variety of factors from Porsche performing maintenance on their cloud service to your local cell tower having an issue to potentially the LTE module having a glitch.

Wouldn't worry just yet.

OP
OP
Englishtony2002

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi Graham. Thanks for you response. My issue is very odd, the car sometimes stays online for 48 hrs and then disappears, at other times it can go offline after 3hrs. Once it has gone it never comes back however, I can bring it back online by unlocking it.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Happening here too. Service center taking it in next Friday despite no open slots until April. Was told they've seen this before, and she thought an update might fix it. We'll see. Freezing temps here so I do need my car warm in the morning.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Just wanted to add a data point that I have this happening on my newly delivered '23 Cayenne EHybrid as well. Every now and then it'll go into Privacy Mode on the app.

It has happened more often in my garage, which has weak cell signal.

OP
OP
Englishtony2002

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Happening here too. Service center taking it in next Friday despite no open slots until April. Was told they've seen this before, and she thought an update might fix it. We'll see. Freezing temps here so I do need my car warm in the morning.
Update might fix it I guess. Seems odd that mine only started doing it after I added ALK function, messed with the software I guess. Also chilly in the mornings here too. A work around is to unlock the car from inside the house, wait a few minutes and the car will become visible again, then you can set the climate function from the App. Good luck.

Sir

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
This is interesting. Mine has started doing this too. Started about 4 weeks ago. Car is parked in the same location as before so don't think its a LTE signal issue. I contacted the "My Porsche" team and they said to go to car put it in privacy mode from the settings menu, lock and leave for 20mins then go back and take it out of privacy mode again" So I tried that and 10mins later the app goes into Privacy mode :facepalm:. The only thing that I can see has changed is an update to the app to 6.2.0 about a month ago so around the same time as it started happening??

OP
OP
Englishtony2002

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is interesting. Mine has started doing this too. Started about 4 weeks ago. Car is parked in the same location as before so don't think its a LTE signal issue. I contacted the "My Porsche" team and they said to go to car put it in privacy mode from the settings menu, lock and leave for 20mins then go back and take it out of privacy mode again" So I tried that and 10mins later the app goes into Privacy mode :facepalm:. The only thing that I can see has changed is an update to the app to 6.2.0 about a month ago so around the same time as it started happening??
Interesting, same here, parked in the same place and the behaviour is so random. Was away for the weekend and it stayed online for 4 days straight no issues, used it this morning and it had gone offline within an hour of locking it up, makes no sense at all. All seems to point to a server side issue rather than a car issue.

Sir

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Hi @Oink Did you get anywhere with this. Still happening to me everytime I lock up car within 15mns to a couple of hours until I go back and start up car again.

OP
OP
Englishtony2002

Englishtony2002

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi @Oink Did you get anywhere with this. Still happening to me everytime I lock up car within 15mns to a couple of hours until I go back and start up car again.
No different here, still happens exactly the same as you are seeing. Very frustrating. Would be interesting to poll users here to see just how widespread this is. My car shows an LTE signal but you cannot see the strength or the network, but I do know that EE for example is a poor signal here. Maybe once it drops out it does not try to reconnect. Don't know really.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I experienced this when I checked the app this morning.
No info available, as car was in Privacy Mode.

The car also failed to charge overnight as well. Blue 'waiting' light was active.

Jumped into it this morning and switched it on (had to push Start button for PCM to fire up), and it's not in Privacy Mode.

Hit direct charge and it went green and I walked away.
Checked the app and it's now showing info and the car is charging.
Never had this happen before.
Sponsored