electricbro

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My 2020 Taycan 4S had given a warning light a few months back that the SOS call feature was not working and to send it to a repair shop to fix this. I thought I'd just have this looked at next time I take it in as it was not that important. Not long after, though, the maps and Bluetooth stopped working. Not being able to make phone calls or stream through the system, I scheduled a time to have the car repaired at the dealership where I bought it. They were a month out for repairs but I finally got it in on April 1st.
Car is still in the shop and they say it's some sort of recall and that the part is in Germany. They're saying the end of this month, which will mean 30 days without the car. It could be longer, though. Not the end of the world since they gave me a Panamera to drive, but once you're in the Taycan, there's nothing like it and I want to get it back as soon as possible.
Anyone else experienced this sort of thing?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I do not know if the chip shortages are being used as an excuse for the unavailability of items like this or that porsche has no inventory of parts like this in the US stockpiled.
either way 30 days without your car is terrible.
I get upset when a software upgrade takes up to three days, I had to wait almost six+ weeks for an appointment for the latest software fix because I demand a loaner knowing that my dealership takes days to accomplish what should be a simple installation of a software update.

not to diminish your complaint inane waits for service issues isn't limited to porsche, I have an Jaguar I Pace and this is a thread in their forum
https://www.i-paceforum.com/threads/reasonable-time-for-warranty-repairs.7562/#post-79409

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Sucks but just dropped mine off for customizations and will be w/o it for next 3 weeks :( - can empathize!

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
the SOS call feature was not working
I'm getting this error at least once a week... since the beginning (last September).
Usually, after CarPlay lost connection (music stops) for few seconds (or up to a minute or more), than SOS message appears. Soon after that, CarPlay starts working.
Error goes away if the car is locked for more than half hour (or something like that).

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I thought it was just typed on a phone for brevity, resulting in poor grammar.
Well, in that case, maybe it’s more like “I see what I did there”
Sponsored