Kannan

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was just days away from taking the buy back check for this happening only once. Canceled the buyback and got the software fix. No problems since.
good to know.
Sponsored

Kannan

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was just days away from taking the buy back check for this happening only once. Canceled the buyback and got the software fix. No problems since.
Is the car safe to drive with this issue?

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Car is safe to drive. it only happens are very low speed, probably under 3mph, usually when car starts to roll after lifting brake pedal.

Unless others are seeing this at higher speeds.

-ThinkMac-

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was parking the car, driving head into the spot when the car went into Park. Selected Drive and moved a few feet forward and it went into Park again. Might have been working the brake pedal.
Due to a slight incline of the pavement, it's possible the car started to roll backwards after releasing the brake pedal. The car has 8K miles on the clock and never did this before. Is there an explaination of this feature?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was parking the car, driving head into the spot when the car went into Park. Selected Drive and moved a few feet forward and it went into Park again. Might have been working the brake pedal.
Due to a slight incline of the pavement, it's possible the car started to roll backwards after releasing the brake pedal. The car has 8K miles on the clock and never did this before. Is there an explaination of this feature?
I don’t think it should be a feature. If it is then just put it in hold…forcing the car into P is not normal at all.

for my first 1000km, this happened about 5 times now, shift into P at low speed. This is quite annoying, but my SA has not given a valid explanation or potential fix yet.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I had this issue. On June 2 my dealer applied a possible fix documented in post 148. This issue has not happened again since.

Last edited:

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I wonder if excessive heat of battery or motor is the culprit? I had it happen twice, about 10 minutes apart one hot afternoon in stop and go traffic. I haven't driven such conditions since and it hasn't happened again.

Vzx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tacan 4S, 2023 EQS SUV 580
Country flag
I’ve had the same problem about three or four times while driving in stop and go traffic. Dealer is aware of the problem but does not know of any fix. Put in an official complaint on NHTSA website

This one time, I was backing out of my driveway and the power steering just completely stopped working. Problem resolved after reboot but it was scary knowing that some of your cars basic features may just stop working because of some electrical gremlins. Another complaint on NHTSA website for this one too.

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I’m surprised with all the people complaining to NHTSA that Porsche isn’t doing something quickly about it, or least technology the problems and say that it’s working hard on a fix

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I’m a new victim. 22 Taycan 4S delivered Nov 2021.

was at a stop light and it switched to Park. Not knowing, I stepped on the accelerator and the car didn’t move. Freaky.

I just had the WNA5 update done three days ago. Hope it’s not related.

Kannan

First Name
Arun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m a new victim. 22 Taycan 4S delivered Nov 2021.

was at a stop light and it switched to Park. Not knowing, I stepped on the accelerator and the car didn’t move. Freaky.

I just had the WNA5 update done three days ago. Hope it’s not related.
After I the similar issue in my 2022 Taycan CT, I called the Porsche dealership and they had absolutely to solution to fix this. I called the Porsche usa headquarters at Atlanta and they said solutions are being developed and will be ready in August.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After I the similar issue in my 2022 Taycan CT, I called the Porsche dealership and they had absolutely to solution to fix this. I called the Porsche usa headquarters at Atlanta and they said solutions are being developed and will be ready in August.
My SC just texted me:

“I brought this up with our team lead, it looks like it's an on board charger software malfunction where it can trigger a failsafe mechanism resulting in the vehicle shifting into P or N at stop or below 5 kmh. There's a sofeware update available for that. Not related to WNA5.”

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: it’s been nearly 3 weeks since this update was applied. Our CT4 is a daily driver and this problem has not re-occurred. Hopefully it stays that way.
How long did this update take to apply?

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I had my first occurrence of this yesterday. From D to N after stopping on a hill. Upon trying to accelerate away it went into Neutral. The car rolled back until I figured it out. Late April early May build. ‘22 CT4.
Sponsored