IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
Hi, I've been away from my RWD which has been sitting in the garage since end of October (plugged in at 50% with a LIB trickle charger on the aux battery), and I'll be returning to it beginning of April. Fingers crossed it drives/operates same as when I left it.

Question: it's been a while since I visited this forum and I was wondering if the problem of the car going into neutral/park has been fixed. I've got an appointment at the dealer the week after I return to have some antenna part recall addressed and to program my second FOB which I FINALLY received from the dealer.

Also, are there any software updates I should ask to be installed while it's at the dealer? I've already got a loaner car lined up so it's not a problem to leave it at the dealer for a couple of days.
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think you'll be OK if your Taycan has had the big software uPdate (version 3793ish). Here's a screen shot from one of my earlier posts to help you check:

Porsche Taycan status of Taycan going into neutral/park 1677011473804

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Had the drive to park occur very early on in my ownership - less than 2k miles. I now have 14k with no recurrence. I had a software update performed to fix the issue - prior to the uPdate

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
We had the uPdate done in Nov, since then the car has not gone into park at a stop light. It was happening a couple times a month before the update.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Same, hasn’t happened since the big update.
Sponsored