feedback on my GTS build?

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I've noticed quite a bit of interest in the "feedback on my build?" threads, so I'd figure I'd try my hand at one.

I don't have an allocation yet, but I put down a deposit in November and I am first on the waiting list at my local Porsche dealership.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback on my build as currently configured, the Porsche code is PNEZZ7U6.

(I know a lot of the choices in these can be subjective and circumstantial, but in the interest of receiving unbiased feedback, I'll hold back my criteria until after a few replies.)
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Smoking package?
interior accents in silver? I Personally like the way it breaks up the black

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I've noticed quite a bit of interest in the "feedback on my build?" threads, so I'd figure I'd try my hand at one.

I don't have an allocation yet, but I put down a deposit in November and I am first on the waiting list at my local Porsche dealership.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback on my build as currently configured, the Porsche code is PNEZZ7U6.

(I know a lot of the choices in these can be subjective and circumstantial, but in the interest of receiving unbiased feedback, I'll hold back my criteria until after a few replies.)
Someone mentioned recently who got the belts in Graphite blue she was really disappointed with them as they ended up looking charcoal. I recall them saying you had to have really strong sunlight on them to notice a faint bluish tinge.
The build looks great- I would add red belts to break up the interior. I had red belts in my 991 and ordered them in my Taycan and they looked awesome.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
On the graphite blue seat belt, here is a real life photo and feedback from a fellow member for your reference:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-belts-real-life-pics-anyone.7706/post-115827

On the glacier blue matrix light, not sure if the supply will be an issue; I am more in favor of the tinted (black) matrix light and blacked out PORSCHE logo at the back.

Good build, you have basically ticked all the essential boxes.

Two minor cosmetic boxes for your consideration:

1. Race-Tex to B-pillar lower part
2. Crest logo on headrest

Cheers:rock:

I haven’t heard any confirmation on the allocation either yet, hopefully some dates will be announced from my SA this month.:fingerscrossed:

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
D62A8443-378B-4207-95AB-610012A54A39.jpeg

Definitely agree on the red :)
On man, they look good. Bordeaux red right?

I was pretty firm on getting the two tone red leather, with your picture, that belief got shaken up a bit…

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag

All is good, great that you chose the better sound system. I'm not a fan of the Bose. Nothing comparable from a B&O from Audi for the same price as the Bose. Bose should only do marketing not speaker.
If you have a family to carry around I agree with the 4-zones (same for the heated rear seat) otherwise I will skip it.

OP
OP

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone mentioned recently who got the belts in Graphite blue she was really disappointed with them as they ended up looking charcoal. I recall them saying you had to have really strong sunlight on them to notice a faint bluish tinge.
The build looks great- I would add red belts to break up the interior. I had red belts in my 991 and ordered them in my Taycan and they looked awesome.
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I was definitely looking for the seat belts to add a little bit of character to the interior, but if the blue hue in the Graphite Blue isn't really noticeable, I'd much rather go with the Bordeaux Red as you suggest. Thanks for the feedback!

OP
OP

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the graphite blue seat belt, here is a real life photo and feedback from a fellow member for your reference:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-belts-real-life-pics-anyone.7706/post-115827

On the glacier blue matrix light, not sure if the supply will be an issue; I am more in favor of the tinted (black) matrix light and blacked out PORSCHE logo at the back.

Good build, you have basically ticked all the essential boxes.

Two minor cosmetic boxes for your consideration:

1. Race-Tex to B-pillar lower part
2. Crest logo on headrest

Cheers:rock:

I haven’t heard any confirmation on the allocation either yet, hopefully some dates will be announced from my SA this month.:fingerscrossed:
The link to that picture was super helpful, I'm thankful for the feedback that you and @wurzitup provided. I'd have been so disappointed to take delivery and not have the effect I was looking for!

I'm torn on the Glacier Blue on the matrix lights, and the rear light strip. I'm definitely a fan of the use of black in the GTS design language, but like the little accent those two options add. I will keep thinking about this one.

By "Race-Tex to B-pillar lower part", did you mean "B-Pillar Trims in Race-Tex"? If so, I much prefer that, thanks. I did think it was a little goofy with the lower and upper half in different materials, I had missed this option.

I like the suggestion for the Porsche crest on the headrests too, I added that to my configuration.

Thanks for the feedback, very useful!? for both of us on getting an allocation soon!

OP
OP

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All is good, great that you chose the better sound system. I'm not a fan of the Bose. Nothing comparable from a B&O from Audi for the same price as the Bose. Bose should only do marketing not speaker.
If you have a family to carry around I agree with the 4-zones (same for the heated rear seat) otherwise I will skip it.
Thanks for the feedback on the Bose. I keep seeing comments that the Taycan system is the best Bose system in a car, but that ends up sounding like damning it with faint praise to me.

I do have a family, and while the majority of the time my two kids are shuttled around in my wife's vehicle (Audi e-tron), I do occassionally have chauffeur duty, and we live in area with four seasons. That's why I went with the rear configuration of two seats, heated, and 4-zone climate control.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Smoking package?
interior accents in silver? I Personally like the way it breaks up the black
+2 for smoking package. Always order the smoking package!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I was definitely looking for the seat belts to add a little bit of character to the interior, but if the blue hue in the Graphite Blue isn't really noticeable, I'd much rather go with the Bordeaux Red as you suggest. Thanks for the feedback!
Bordeaux red FTW!
Porsche Taycan feedback on my GTS build? IMG_3051

OP
OP

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
+2 for smoking package. Always order the smoking package!
What's the advantage of the smoking package? My SA had suggested it too, and I didn't pay much attention to it because I'm not a smoker. It looks like the primary advantage is that it provides a cover for one of the cup holders, at the expense of one of the cup holders?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
What's the advantage of the smoking package? My SA had suggested it too, and I didn't pay much attention to it because I'm not a smoker. It looks like the primary advantage is that it provides a cover for one of the cup holders, at the expense of one of the cup holders?
It's just an insert, most people take it (including me) and then figure out how to use it as a pot to put stuff in - mine's on my desk.

Porsche Taycan feedback on my GTS build? 66310924228__41A02F5B-1834-4650-8BD4-99D1BA94F24A
Porsche Taycan feedback on my GTS build? 66310940526__CF9925E1-C2CE-49C6-A916-D9D1DF6E5E32