CarPlay & Charging Navigation

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes, you can use both CarPlay and Porsche navigation at the same time, I do it all the time
while you can use both porsche nav and car play at the same time, you cannot run a nav program via car play and porsche nav at the same time. it is one or the other. for example if I am running a trip on waze, then load a trip into the porsche nav the porsche nav will take over and waze will stop, the same thing happens if you are running a trip on porsche nav and then load a trip onto waze, then the porsche app will shut down. Both navs will not run simultaneously.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
while you can use both porsche nav and car play at the same time, you cannot run a nav program via car play and porsche nav at the same time. it is one or the other. for example if I am running a trip on waze, then load a trip into the porsche nav the porsche nav will take over and waze will stop, the same thing happens if you are running a trip on porsche nav and then load a trip onto waze, then the porsche app will shut down. Both navs will not run simultaneously.
This was my experience as well and my understanding of the OP’s question.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
So you use CarPlay navigation and Porsche navigation at the same time? I’d like to be able to use Google maps navigation and traffic while using Porsche Nav to advise on charging and precondition battery
Yes, I have used google maps and Porsche nav at the same time also

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes, you can. First enter your destination in the Porsche navigation and let it figure out all necessary stops. Then activate the Porsche map on the center part of your dashboard. Next activate carplay on the PCM. Google maps is one of the car play apps in the carplay settings on my iPhone. So google maps should be one of the icons on the carplay screen.
To be clear, can you have both the Porsche nav and a Carplay nav active and navigating at the same time, or just displaying? I was not able to get active nav at the same time to happen. So there is there a special sequence? Sounds like you have to move the map to the "center part of your dashboard" is this the upper PCM? Or do you mean one of the widget views on the second page of the upper PCM? Or is it the center part of the circle tube display behind the wheel? Thanks!

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
To be clear, can you have both the Porsche nav and a Carplay nav active and navigating at the same time, or just displaying? I was not able to get active nav at the same time to happen. So there is there a special sequence? Sounds like you have to move the map to the "center part of your dashboard" is this the upper PCM? Or do you mean one of the widget views on the second page of the upper PCM? Or is it the center part of the circle tube display behind the wheel? Thanks!
I can run Waze and Porsche nav at the same time too . . . If you look closely you can see Porsche NAV on HUD too

Porsche Taycan CarPlay & Charging Navigation IMG_5732

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I can run Waze and Porsche nav at the same time too . . . If you look closely you can see Porsche NAV on HUD too
Could this be region dependent. I have tried your instructions many times, but it will only work with one of them for me. As soon as I try to enable PCM it shuts down CarPlay nav app and vice versa

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Could this be region dependent. I have tried your instructions many times, but it will only work with one of them for me. As soon as I try to enable PCM it shuts down CarPlay nav app and vice versa
I had a 2018 VW Golf with the premium entertainment which probably shares some hardware/software, there was a sequence I had to go through to get the built in nav in the binnacle and Waze on the infotainment screen, I think it was built in first, start a route then start Waze but it was nearly 4 years ago so not absolutely sure other than there is a sequence to get it to work.
Sponsored