CHALK Taycan Club

StevenB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I picked up my car at the German dealer last week and drove over 400km back home. Great car, I love the colour. Coming from an ICE , I was a bit worried about the range but driving on the autobahn at speeds between 80 km/h ( road works ) and 160 km/h I averaged only 18.2 kw/100 km. Very impressive as this gave me a total range of 456 km or 283 miles driving in normal mode ( RWD, PBP). It was the hottest day of the year so far (25°C) so that probably helped a lot...

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club IMG_7766

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club IMG_7751

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Friday it’s my turn 🤪 any recommandations for the first km? Is it necessary to do a break-in period as a ICE?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
No break in at all. Regenerative braking will not work for a while to run in the brake system. It is milage and braking time dependent how long. Because of this, consumption is significantly higher at this period.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Delivered in April! I couldn’t help myself and went for a short initial ride after signing (back roads only!) before it was taken for tint and PPF. Delivered a week later and just wanted to share proof of having this amazing daily driver! Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me pick out my first Porsche and EV.

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club IMG_8453

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club IMG_8454

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club IMG_8452

Go2mars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Model X, Waiting on Taycan 4s chalk
Country flag
SOOO, is there a way to know how popular the Chalk color is? As in what percentage of Taycan's are being delivered as Chalk?

I took delivery last week. Car still in PPF. but lately it feels like 90% of every post I read has a profile picture of a CHALK Taycan (obviously I am talking about other threads besides this one). I love the color and I thought it would stay unique since you have to pay a bit more than other 6 colors or so. But I am starting to feel like in the near future all I will see is Chalk Taycans.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
SOOO, is there a way to know how popular the Chalk color is? As in what percentage of Taycan's are being delivered as Chalk?

I took delivery last week. Car still in PPF. but lately it feels like 90% of every post I read has a profile picture of a CHALK Taycan (obviously I am talking about other threads besides this one). I love the color and I thought it would stay unique since you have to pay a bit more than other 6 colors or so. But I am starting to feel like in the near future all I will see is Chalk Taycans.
Because it is the most beautiful color for our car?:D

Icegrey also is realy nice. Maybe you would have to pick a personnal color like the racegreen :involve: to have a unique color.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag

A very unscientific way is to look up used Taycans on Porsche's used inventory site: https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US...29,37.3052272,-121.9871217,-1&order=price_asc

Porsche Taycan CHALK Taycan Club Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 15.06.18

Chalk is definitely still rare compared to the most common colors like black/white/grey.

A few caveats:
  • Didn't include MY20 as Chalk wasn't available until MY21;
  • Didn't include new cars as it would put every color at 50+ and make the numbers useless;
  • This obviously doesn't include used Taycans at non-Porsche dealerships. I didn't use 3rd party sites mainly because they all treat Chalk either as grey or misc/unknown which makes counting really difficult.
Again, not scientific at all but gives you some rough numbers.
Sponsored