Change of heart

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
For 76 £ more each month I would go for option 3: 4S with RWS

I am waiting for my CT 4 with RWS to be delivered. I also considered a 4S but is wasn’t worth 19.000 euro more than the 4 that is the price difference in Belgium. Tested a Taycan RWD and that was fast enough for me. For 76 £ a month however I would go for a 4S.
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
So ever since I was notified of further delays to my RWD order, I’ve been contemplating the exact spec (along with many other members I’m sure) of my car. I was going to have to up the yearly mileage on the contract anyway, so whilst I was adjusting my contract, why not throw a couple small more toys in….. ? 😅

Anyway, late last night my lease company suddenly made the sport tourismo available for order and when running through some quotes (to my surprise) it was working out better value than my RWD order.

So this morning I spoke to my Porsche dealer to confirm I could cancel without issue (no fees etc) and proceeded to contact the lease firm. It was also mentioned by Porsche that I could expect any potential ST order much quicker than my previous car.

So that’s my RWD order cancelled as far as I’m aware.

Now to place a new order ……..

I have decided to go for RAS given what I have read on here, as I believe it’s something I might later regret not having. This does mean compromise elsewhere however.

Compromises (For RAS)

Paint :- Solid black (not ideal but will be ceramic coated immediately)
Alloys :- 19“ Aero S (controversial I know)

Regarding the alloys, I had gone for Turbo Aero‘s on my RWD, but when I breakdown the costs, it’s a lease and I would be paying £1000 over 4 years for wheels that look great at a distance, but give me heartburn when close up. I can not justify that.

IF I go for the ST RWD I will not be having the base alloys, apologies to those who like them, but they are definitely not for me. I could be tempted to upgrade further on the base ST given I’m already spending some money to avoid the base wheels, but would probably go metallic paint before doing that.

Remaining Spec
Performance battery +
2 tone beige / black base interior
14 way comfort seats (want squab adjustment for thigh support)
RAS + power steering plus
Panoramic roof
Windscreen grey top tint
Bose
Surround parking cams
Elec folding mirrors
Auto dimming mirrors
Heated steering wheel
150kw onboard charging
Ambient lighting?? (possibly)

Model specific spec
Air suspension (rwd)
Brushed aluminium door sill guards (4s)

Big question, RWD or 4S? Price difference of around £58 per month.

Feedback always appreciated.

Cheers.
4S, all day long. As you know I park in the same vintage (for which read, 3/4 scale spaces, and tight angles for ramp access that would give an Austin A35 owner conniptions) multi-storey car park thatyou do and I thank the fates every day for the RAS on the car.

👍

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
“14 way comfort seats (want squab adjustment for thigh support)”

Minor point I don’t think addressed yet(?!)
14 way seats do nothing additional to the squab
14 way adds lumbar (+4) and slidy in and out head rest (+2)

The seat is otherwise absolutely identical to 8 way seat with identical squab adjustment ability.

For extra squab faffing ability you need 18 way seat!
Cheers

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
“14 way comfort seats (want squab adjustment for thigh support)”

Minor point I don’t think addressed yet(?!)
14 way seats do nothing additional to the squab
14 way adds lumbar (+4) and slidy in and out head rest (+2)

The seat is otherwise absolutely identical to 8 way seat with identical squab adjustment ability.

For extra squab faffing ability you need 18 way seat!
Cheers
According to the porsche website, squab adjustment is included on 14 way comfort seats.... websites are never wrong as we know 😂😉

Porsche Taycan Change of heart Screenshot_20220406-123656_Samsung Internet

OP
OP
4sCT21

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
4S, all day long. As you know I park in the same vintage (for which read, 3/4 scale spaces, and tight angles for ramp access that would give an Austin A35 owner conniptions) multi-storey car park thatyou do and I thank the fates every day for the RAS on the car.

👍
I know what you mean buddy.

My only concern is if the quote isn't honoured and then they also pass on the incoming April price rise onto me, i might be putting myself under a bit too much monthly pressure.

I'm making this much harder than it needs to be lol
Sponsored

Last edited: