Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Well those lights are the main looks of the car atleast for me .
Am I missing something?

This is the car in the configurator (in my color/spec) without and with matrix headlights.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S pricing change 7B4ACBC3-7D01-43F9-A636-A5D4311EE60B

Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S pricing change 88DF4508-EFC5-4642-A958-DDB211E54E4D

The difference in those headlights…which I can’t even see….is the main look of the car…?

Actual car with regular headlights:
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S pricing change EBBF9409-875D-401B-9737-6F2E0441B0AA

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Am I missing something?

This is the car in the configurator (in my color/spec) without and with matrix headlights.

7B4ACBC3-7D01-43F9-A636-A5D4311EE60B.jpeg

88DF4508-EFC5-4642-A958-DDB211E54E4D.jpeg

The difference in those headlights…which I can’t even see….is the main look of the car…?

Actual car with regular headlights:
EBBF9409-875D-401B-9737-6F2E0441B0AA.jpeg
To each their own. These are the details of the car that are important to him. I think you've made your point that the matrix light is not valuable to you relative to the overall value of the car.

Similarly, When I look at a grid layout, if I see something off by a pixel, that is something perceptible to me and something I would fix. However, the same thing to another is not as significant and lower in priority.

Meh, we all focus on different things.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
if you want the glacier ones, it’s the same story. and the glacier ones are beautiful ?

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Looks like a configurator glitch. My order in TYD also went missing with premium package. Interestingly if you configure taycan RWD the premium package shows $7300 and has all options included but for 4S its showing way too weird. I will wait a day or so and will contact the dealer just to make sure my car comes with premium package and Black matrix headlights .
There most certainly are configuration glitches which need careful attention.

Configuring a GTS in the UK, I ticked “Exterior mirror lower trims painted in exterior colour including mirror base painted in black”.

As expected, it adds the charge to the total, but guess what…this is listed as standard on the GTS so doesn’t need to be added!

My advice is always read the standard specification at the bottom of the configurator before finalising…..

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Well those lights are the main looks of the car atleast for me . I am a middle class man who was buying his dream car and that would have been my only car for many years. So spending 150k and still not having exactly what i wanted is a no for me. I understand the supply issue and not blaming any one .
It’s a very personal decision and a lot of money for sure. I respect your position even though those headlights don’t factor into my decision.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
I have matrix LED headlights and I honestly can't tell the difference. Didn't even know I got them until I reread the spec sheet.
As I know from other thread, Matrix Head Lights are illegal (so not functional) in the US.
Seems wasted money over there.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/standard-leds-vs-matrix-leds.3736/post-119156

On the other hand it is rather a tech than a look (for me) with high level functionality out of US market:

"LED main headlights with matrix beam including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Even greater foresight is achieved with LED main headlights featuring matrix beam technology. The matrix beam strategically deactivates specific segments of the permanent main-beam cone. Eighty-four individually controlled LEDs adapt to the situation ahead by switching off or dimming accordingly. Vehicles in front or in the oncoming lane are no longer dazzled, while the areas in between and to the side continue to receive full illumination. To optimise target fixation, not only are the lights selectively dimmed to fade out oncoming vehicles, the area to the right of the light void is lit more brightly for better guidance of the driver’s visual attention. What’s more, segment-specific dimming of highly reflective traffic signs also acts to avoid driver dazzle. LED main headlights with matrix beam including PDLS Plus: bright, homogeneous, safe.

PDLS Plus, which includes all the functions of PDLS, now comes for the first time with electronic cornering lights and an intersection assistant function based on navigation data. As you approach a crossroads or T junction, the intersection assistant function activates the left and right cornering lights, and the light cone becomes wider and shorter – for enhanced illumination of your surroundings."

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
On my GTS spec and configurator (EU-German) Led Matrix Head Light incl. PDLS Plus in matte black is still a standard equipment.
It is the same for Turbo/Turbo S (not matte black).

But disappeared from all other models as an option.

Seems they reserve this light system for GTS/Turbo/Turbo S.

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
While trying to look at the bright side, this turned out to be a positive thing for my build. Since I live in the US where matrix LED headlights cannot work as intended, there's not a functional between the LED PDLS+ and the matrix LED PDLS+ AFAIK. So in my build, I was now able to add the Performance Package for ~$800 more than my original build.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
While trying to look at the bright side, this turned out to be a positive thing for my build. Since I live in the US where matrix LED headlights cannot work as intended, there's not a functional between the LED PDLS+ and the matrix LED PDLS+ AFAIK. So in my build, I was now able to add the Performance Package for ~$800 more than my original build.

They are coming in the US. The infrastructure bill signed in November allows them in the US but a final ok has to be given within the next two years. Once they are legal it should just be a software update to make them work.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/adaptive-headlights-legal-us-biden-infrastructure-bill-law/

Last edited:

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
They are coming in the US. The infrastructure bill signed in November allows them in the US but there a final ok has to be given within the next two years. Once they are legal it should just be a software update to make them work.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/adaptive-headlights-legal-us-biden-infrastructure-bill-law/
I saw that but personally wouldn't hold my breath for an update because this is a traditional automaker and not a company like Tesla that just OTAs updates willy nilly. There's also no guarantee that US-bound matrix LED headlights contain all of the components to make the matrix work. For example, at some point BMW decided to stop including necessary circuitry for cars shipped to the US since they couldn't have that feature. With the chip shortage nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers are optimizing in those ways as well.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
You are right, the same build for my car went from $144500 to $146600. I know there are supply chain issues any way I am disappointed that because of their supply chain issue i lost my allocation and will cost me more money to build the same spec.
But then you might fall into a new model year and get better car tech?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Wow…. Who would’ve thought matrix headlights would be make or break on an order for someone. I guess everyone has their priorities.
Yes one thing I see on this forum is how big the differences are between people's wants and driving environments.
Matrix lights are one of the few fairly expensive options I felt were worth having, and am seriously considering cancelling my order if they are still unavailable when my order is fixed.

I almost never drive on motorways or in the city and do not have a commute so the benefit of superb headlights on the sort of roads I drive on round here is massive IME. The headlights on my 500E are specials which are rare. One had a broken glass from debris (at a time when I was "commuting" from France at high speed some weekends) and the dealer replaced them with 300E lights not realising.
The car felt dangerous to drive at high speeds after that, they were very disappointing.

Our Prius Plug-in hybrid has matrix lights too, so I would definitely miss them.

I haven't got any interest in the driver aids like adaptive cruise, Innodrive, park assist or night assist and wouldn't have the glass roof it was a no cost option nor consider a black interior. I consider the electric charge port a pointless frippery. All these things have their supporters here though.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I spec'd the same car 3 months apart. Both 2022, and there's a $4500 difference. I looked through every item, and found subtle changes. Sharing here as I've not come across any such thing before. Also, this focuses on the Premium Package (so US customers only). Just FYI

Model: Taycan 4S

Oct '21 build
Premium Package (P4A)- $7400
includes:
Surround view: 0
Storage package: 0
Power Folding Mirrors: 0
Ionizer: 0
Bose Audio System: 0
Panoramic Roof: 0
Ventilate Seats: 0
18Way Seats : 430
Remote Park Assist: +1610
Glacier LED Lights: +580
Total: $10,020

Dec '21 build
Premium Package (P4A)- $6020
includes:
Surround view: 0
Storage package: 0
Power Folding Mirrors: 0
Ionizer: 0
Bose Audio System: 1200
Panoramic Roof: 1490
Ventilate Seats: 850

18Way Seats : 430
Remote Park Assist: +1610
Glacier LED Lights: +2450
Total: $14,050
My '22 RWD White Taycan ordered in August and delivered in November Optioned as follows:

Base: 82,700
Red Leather Interior 4,700
21" Mission E Wheels 4680
PSCB Calipers in White 3490
Wheels painted to color 1290
Power charge port cover 640
Crest on headrest 290
Heated sesats front/rear 530
Sport Chrono 1320
Sport Sound 500
Dock for Mobile Charger Connect 470
Mobile Charger Connect 1120
Sport SideSkirts 1030
Premium Package 7310
Surround View
Storage Package
Folding mirrors
Bose surround (sounds amazing!)
Fixed panoramic roof
Ambient lighting
Ventilated Front seats
Technology Package 4340
14 way seats
Ionizer
PDLS+ headlights

Dealer options
1900 for front PPF
1400 for tire protection (without rash coverage)
Total pretax price 119,060

Only regret is not getting larger battery.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
My '22 RWD White Taycan ordered in August and delivered in November Optioned as follows:

Base: 82,700
Red Leather Interior 4,700
21" Mission E Wheels 4680
PSCB Calipers in White 3490
Wheels painted to color 1290
Power charge port cover 640
Crest on headrest 290
Heated sesats front/rear 530
Sport Chrono 1320
Sport Sound 500
Dock for Mobile Charger Connect 470
Mobile Charger Connect 1120
Sport SideSkirts 1030
Premium Package 7310
Surround View
Storage Package
Folding mirrors
Bose surround (sounds amazing!)
Fixed panoramic roof
Ambient lighting
Ventilated Front seats
Technology Package 4340
14 way seats
Ionizer
PDLS+ headlights

Dealer options
1900 for front PPF
1400 for tire protection (without rash coverage)
Total pretax price 119,060

Only regret is not getting larger battery.
[/QUOTE

Very Nice. except just makes me miserable seeing how much my dealer is charging to wheel protection ($3,695) and PPF (front only) $3,695. I don’t want to go with that !!!
Sponsored