Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Am I right in assuming it is the Car Connect app that you use for the IONITY charging. I’ve got my vin, in My Porsche and ordered the Porsche Charge card & it mentioned to use the Porsche Mobility app while waiting for the card. That app doesn’t appear to exist.
Sponsored

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

MarbellaClub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Am I right in assuming it is the Car Connect app that you use for the IONITY charging. I’ve got my vin, in My Porsche and ordered the Porsche Charge card & it mentioned to use the Porsche Mobility app while waiting for the card. That app doesn’t appear to exist.
The app used for charging at Ionity etc. through Porsche Charging Services is called "Charging by Porsche". The app mentioned by Porsche doesn't seem to exist.

I tested charging through the app at Ionity the other day and it worked great. Charging was made from 20 % to 85 % in 20 minutes.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The app used for charging at Ionity etc. through Porsche Charging Services is called "Charging by Porsche". The app mentioned by Porsche doesn't seem to exist.

I tested charging through the app at Ionity the other day and it worked great. Charging was made from 20 % to 85 % in 20 minutes.
Thank you. Found it.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The Porsche Connect app will be able to start your charging at all the stations where Porsche have an agreement. If you go in under Explore you will see a green symbol at the lower right in my case. That is the scan function at the charging station. Press it and it opens a small camera operation that you aim at the code or whatever it is called on the charger. Then it all starts!
Porsche Taycan Charging App AB6A524E-703C-4FAE-A0BC-6A5C2556E630

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
What app did you use to order the charging card Gordon?

I have the car showing in my Apps but can’t do anything with them yet as they are set to privacy mode

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What app did you use to order the charging card Gordon?

I have the car showing in my Apps but can’t do anything with them yet as they are set to privacy mode
I logged into my Porsche website on safari on my iPhone. All the services are there, including data plan, tracking & charge card. I selected the charge card & tracking. The data plan is expensive and inadequate for my use. I get 30gb a month on my iPhone so I’ll use that as a hotspot when I need it. The tracking thing has physical keys that the dealer needs to map to the car, quick email sent to dealer so hopefully they will map them. Bad thing is you have to carry the key, if the car is driven without the key then you get an alert that the car has been nicked! I’ve got comfort access so that will be a pain.

Peterw

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo -soon
Country flag
Using my taycan turbo for early morning Yorkshire roads

IONITY charger at Leeds today -charged at 190 then down to 150
Called IONITY and advised that they are having some problems with the ABB manufactured 350kw chargers so speed limited but as a result charging free
Even at reduced speed achieved 39%to 90% in 30 mins
If the 6 chargers at Leeds one Reported as out of service but three of the others the stainless steel hanger wire that recoils to pull the cable up out of the way we’re wrapped around support arm so not poss to reach the charge port - reported to the very helpful IONITY call centre

if you do try to charge at Leeds the chargers are far from obvious hidden behind a wooden plank fence compound at far end of car park
Regarding the turbo
What a great Car
Addictive acceleration
Tremendous performance
And so quiet

in tornado grey defiantly a discrete rocket ship

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Using my taycan turbo for early morning Yorkshire roads

IONITY charger at Leeds today -charged at 190 then down to 150
Called IONITY and advised that they are having some problems with the ABB manufactured 350kw chargers so speed limited but as a result charging free
Even at reduced speed achieved 39%to 90% in 30 mins
If the 6 chargers at Leeds one Reported as out of service but three of the others the stainless steel hanger wire that recoils to pull the cable up out of the way we’re wrapped around support arm so not poss to reach the charge port - reported to the very helpful IONITY call centre

if you do try to charge at Leeds the chargers are far from obvious hidden behind a wooden plank fence compound at far end of car park
Regarding the turbo
What a great Car
Addictive acceleration
Tremendous performance
And so quiet

in tornado grey defiantly a discrete rocket ship
Those IONITY chargers are great. Be even better when all the teething problems are worked out.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wish there was a few more of them! None by my at all really.
Nearest one to me is at Perth, Glasgow opening soon and more planned for Scotland. Hopefully up north or west coast would be good. Range is amazing though so not too worried to be honest.
Sponsored