Route planning from Porsche app / charging.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I'm just building up the courage to go on a longer trip. Using the Porsche app to calculate my route which show where it wants me to fill up with electricity. However, it leaves me with a destination SOC of just 15%. The charging st is about 1/2 way on a 200 odd mile trip.

Other has just putting more electricity in at the proposed stop than it asks for, is there a way to change the target arrival SOC?

Ta.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I do not think there is anyway to do what you want in the app. You can do that in the car quite easily. In the PCM that is quite useful to do, but the app seems set.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm just building up the courage to go on a longer trip. Using the Porsche app to calculate my route which show where it wants me to fill up with electricity. However, it leaves me with a destination SOC of just 15%. The charging st is about 1/2 way on a 200 odd mile trip.

Other has just putting more electricity in at the proposed stop than it asks for, is there a way to change the target arrival SOC?

Ta.
The app doesn't support this and only asks for battery charge at start of journey defaulting to current charge.

If you use the PCM then you can set the minimum. Actually, check what your minimum is and if 15% change that to say 25% and then recalculate on the app to see if it picks that up.

I'd simply add a stopover as a charging location in the app and then let the app recalculate. Either that or just ignore and charge as needed en route for as long / longer than suggested.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
The app doesn't support this and only asks for battery charge at start of journey defaulting to current charge.

If you use the PCM then you can set the minimum. Actually, check what your minimum is and if 15% change that to say 25% and then recalculate on the app to see if it picks that up.

I'd simply add a stopover as a charging location in the app and then let the app recalculate. Either that or just ignore and charge as needed en route for as long / longer than suggested.
Thanks both. I'll have a fiddle around in the PCM.
Sponsored