Charging issue

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Hi all. Have a 2021 RWD. New charger box at home that is supposed to be at 7.2 KW but the car only takes at 4.5kw. Company are adamant thr charger is fine and it's the car.
Strangely a local 50kw Rapid charger connects at about 47-48kw however a 22kw fast charger today was only being drawn at 11kw. Any ideas intelligent people?? Tia
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I get shot 6.8kw in the car. Or at least that’s what the car says is the kw charge rate. Must be something wrong with the charger. Maybe try another charger?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Hi all. Have a 2021 RWD. New charger box at home that is supposed to be at 7.2 KW but the car only takes at 4.5kw. Company are adamant thr charger is fine and it's the car.
Strangely a local 50kw Rapid charger connects at about 47-48kw however a 22kw fast charger today was only being drawn at 11kw. Any ideas intelligent people?? Tia
I would check the amp setting to see how much it is setup to pull. My 7.2 charger is only pulling about 5 due to a dip switch setting that I haven’t bothered to change yet that has lowered the amps. For the 22kw charger you used on the road, assuming it is AC, you would have needed to spec the option on your car to upgrade from 11kw to pull the full 22kw. Did you select that option? If not, that would explain the difference there.

OP
OP
Icyfraser

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
Difficult to do that tbh as its already fitted ?

OP
OP
Icyfraser

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I'll need to check the spec. Tbh not something I really thought about ; it was a stock showroom car. Thanks

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Difficult to do that tbh as its already fitted ?
Depends on the brand. My Flo charger has a couple of screws and flips up to access the dip switches. You can Google the manual for your charger and see if it has dip switches. If it is the PMCC, it is software based to handle the amps. I’m in Canada so our setup is different so can’t give you guidance on specific details.
Sponsored