Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Porsch home changer can be used for other EVs (not Tesla’s) but others like the Mustang or IONIQ. ??
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't know the answer, but given the USA community's dissatisfaction with Porsche's free PMC+ and the US$1200 PMCC I wouldn't vouch for using them on other EVs.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Porsch home changer can be used for other EVs (not Tesla’s) but others like the Mustang or IONIQ. ??
the answer is it should but it's touch and go - Porsche doesn't make the best EVSE - so YMMV in terms of the PMC+/PMCC being able to charge other EV's is not reliable

this should NOT be the case, but it is - your best best is a non-Porsche EV Charger (EVSE) - there are many many many option.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NOTE: any EVSE (J-1772) can charge a Tesla - all Teslas come with a simple adapter that makes this possible - the Tesla owner should have it in their car.

so _IF_ the Porsche EVSE was a good charger it would work just fine even for a Tesla, but alas it tends to pop it's internal circuit breaker when charging a Tesla

again this should _NOT_ be the case, but it appears Porsche has botched this particluar accessory - there is _NO_ reason EV charger's (EVSE's) should be vendor specific - but Porsche's is finiky and seems to only work best with Porsche/Audi's/VW's - other cars are more problematic

other EVSE's from other Vendors fair far far better and work across all EV's.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My PMCC can't even charge my other porsche lol. Well it charges but at something like 3 kw which is ridiculous.

You're better off buying the telsa home charger with the J1772 connector
Sponsored