Charging port won’t open.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
.......and you cannot drive the car with the charging door opened (I believe)!?
A bit after I started driving the charging door open light appeared on instrument panel. Stayed on but I was unable to park to check it. When I got home I found that the manual charging door was indeed not closed all the way. But I had no indication that the door was open on my first trip that day, or whether it popped partially open later.
But car did drive with the warning light on.
Sponsored

Greeknikola

First Name
Nikolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Neither of the automatic charging ports will open. This happened before and it was at the dealers for a week. Worked ok for a around 2 weeks and now gone again. There is a tool in the toolbox to over ride the switch which rather implies a known problem. I’m nervous about damaging the port if I use it. Anyone else experience this?
Me also TAYCAN 4S 2020 with no reason.Dealer does not know ,i will take them tomorrow again to see.The problem is now 2 weeks

Greeknikola

First Name
Nikolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Check the fuse box in case there is a dedicated fuse for it which might have blown.
Can i check myself?Is it on the left or at the right side? Or will i tell them to check it themselves?

Greeknikola

First Name
Nikolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally they found the problem.It is the outside sensor of the drivers side.They took it out and the port is working from inside and the passenger inside and outside.Thanks god

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Goddam it - had this happen to mine this week, both wouldn't open with gesture but did from PCM.

Worked OK morning after

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Only when it is Locke and I forgot the key!

Try the Manager’s reset:
  • Manually turn off Taycan: press and hold the dash on/off button >3 seconds
  • Lock car
  • Move all keys >30 ft. (10 m) away
  • Wait 15 minutes
  • Unlock Taycan
  • Try opening one charge port, only one can be open at the same time
  • A malfunction in one port may prevent the other port from opening
  • Extra points for checking fuses!

Had the charge port issue today. Old thread but can anybody explain the first step above. The usual way to turn off the car - hold the power button?

OlgaE

First Name
Olga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same issue. Dealer said they could not ID if it was left or right sensor through system log, so they needed to dismantle door and panels to check. One would expect the IT-designers at Porsche to be a bit brighter than this...
They also only had right sensor in stock. Delivery of left sensor from Germany would at least take 1-2 weeks. So I gambled and asked them to replace right sensor. Car is just out of warranty, so cost will be around €500. The cost is 20 % sensor and 80 % mechanical access……. This issue will be cause a lot of problems/bad publicity for Porsche, since it will affect a lot of cars...
Sponsored