Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How are you guys setting the car not to charge over 85%? I can't seem to find that functionality in the Porsche Connect App. I only see a "minimum charge".

Porsche Taycan Charging profiles Screenshot_20210331-082157_Connect
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
it is confusing the way they've worded it, the minimum charge is the maximum charge level the car will get to.
I have two profiles set up, "normal" will charge the car to 80%, the recommended level for daily usage and "trip" profile which will allow the car to charge to 100% for long trips. I know the trip profile is redundant with direct charging but I prefer it that way.

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
You can set the minimum charge to the desired target (if no Departure Timers are active), or you need to create a Departure Timer and select the desired charging target within that Timer's settings.

This is my most frustrating part of the charging experience with Porsche. They over complicated the simple act of charging to a desired target. This is where they should have copied Tesla's approach.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
it is confusing the way they've worded it, the minimum charge is the maximum charge level the car will get to.
I have two profiles set up, "normal" will charge the car to 80%, the recommended level for daily usage and "trip" profile which will allow the car to charge to 100% for long trips. I know the trip profile is redundant with direct charging but I prefer it that way.
This is a good solution, I would also add a third one I set to 40%. When I am not going to be using the car for a couple of days I'll use this one to keep a minimum "storage" level charge (also for longer storage).

Anil

First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got it, thanks guys!
Hi Alex,

Congrats on the new Mamba Turbo, looks beautiful in the pic in the other thread. Regarding charging profiles, I followed this video, which he explained perfectly.

Happy motoring!
Sponsored