REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Hi I just took delivery of my Taycan turbo in Brisbane Australia and the ride height is very high.

The only options available are lift and medium in the settings.
Setting the height two different modes does not change the stationary height of the vehicle.
When travelling above 100km/h in Range Mode the car does lower and the option Lower mode appears and then disappears when you slow down.
This is the same for all of the demo vehicles here that we have checked.

Every other region as well as the owners manual shows the four driving modes that should be able to be selected however they are missing even though they are shown in the owners manual.

I believe this may be a problem with Australian delivered vehicles due to some regulatory standards here which is ridiculous as this will affect the range as we are essentially sitting 22 mm higher than the vehicle should be thus affecting aerodynamics.

Can you all in Australia please post and confirm this is the same for you and lets get a petition started to Porsche Australia to unlock our software and give us the ride heights and range we paid for.
Sponsored

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are others from Australia with the same problem. Someone mentioned it maybe the law there to not have it below a certain ride height.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
There are others from Australia with the same problem. Someone mentioned it maybe the law there to not have it below a certain ride height.
Hi Torx,

I believe that to be the case yes however it seems that we have two contradictory rules, The first is that a ride height cannot be increased or lowered more than 10 mm from its standard ride height. The second is that it must have a 100 mm ground clearance at lowest right height.

from my research what I can gather is the ride height of the tycoon in low mode is 106 mm high, and my Tesla can adjust it ride height by 30mm from highest to lowest so I think Porsche are just being extremely cautious however having such a significant change due to regulatory standards we should have been informed this prior to purchasing.

22mm difference from Medium to Low setting will significantly change the driving dynamics and range.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep Porsche should have made this clear to you or on the website if that is the regulations in Australia. I would be really annoyed.

Hopefully you can get it sorted soon.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Very Annoyed mate. They have no problem selling the GT cars here with adjustable mechanical suspension however have this rule for the Taycan air suspension and did not inform anyone.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you are friendly with a shop that has a PIWIS with current subscription, they may be able to "internationalize" the ride height limits for you. For example, I found a shop with a PIWIS that was willing and able to eliminate a very annoying setting required in the U.S. (the trunk close beeping).

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Genau,

Thats a great idea thank you very much for your suggestion I will see what I can do.

POR997

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S, 997TT, 986S, 356A
Country flag
i've already purchased the aftermarket tie rod links to lower the car from Vivid. Not waiting for PCA.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Oh wow this must be extremely annoying. The car does handle noticeably better on lowered / low ride height compared to medium BTW. Hope you can get your cars reprogrammed as suggested.

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
i've already purchased the aftermarket tie rod links to lower the car from Vivid. Not waiting for PCA.
Hi mate Is this a mechanical alteration? I'm assuming this is a mechanical adjustment to make the 'medium' setting as low as it should be on the low setting. So this would mean the high setting would become equivilent to medium and then you wouldn't be able to achieve a true high setting?

I too noticed the vehicles in the showroom looked like they were sitting relatively high. They almost looked as high off the floor as the Cayenne GTS that was adjacent.

POR997

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi mate Is this a mechanical alteration? I'm assuming this is a mechanical adjustment to make the 'medium' setting as low as it should be on the low setting. So this would mean the high setting would become equivilent to medium and then you wouldn't be able to achieve a true high setting?

I too noticed the vehicles in the showroom looked like they were sitting relatively high. They almost looked as high off the floor as the Cayenne GTS that was adjacent.
yes, it's mechanical. not ideal as I would have preferred to have the "low" setting available.

jezzaj88

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
very keen to hear how people went with this ! Annoyed to only have medium and high settings :/

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm speaking out of turn here, as my new Taycan Turbo is still on order, however I went through this on the demo car I was given and observed that when the car is in Sports Plus mode, it goes from Medium to low when you get up a bit of speed, say 80kph. When you come to a stop (perhaps after being pulled over by the cops, who are waiting with their tape measures) then it goes back to medium.

I assume it is programmed this way to get around some rubbish aussie legislation around ride height.

.... your mileage may vary.

POR997

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry. That’s not the case unfortunately. I was hoping it would be. Can get a video to show it if you want.
Sponsored