daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Did you get this fixed? My 4 ct has exactly the same issue. Bristol state no issue time and time again?
Sponsored

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Did you get this fixed? My 4 ct has exactly the same issue. Bristol state no issue time and time again?
I get this every now and then on my CT4. I can't recall if it is just when I release from hold, or if it is other times too. I will be going out today, so will listen out for it. I have just put it down to it being normal behaviour, being a month old MY24. I would have expected that if this is not normal, then it would have been picked up when it was checked prior to delivery. Also brakes feel fine.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
I've noticed this with mine (only done 650 miles), is it normal? Haven't had chance to ask Porsche for their viewpoint so welcome any insight from others.

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
@@ Update. After 7 visits to the dealer, they have changed the brake servo - which is the part I told them was faulty almost 6 months ago! Porsche refused to change under warranty so the dealer agreed to swap it anyway at their cost (helped by the fact that my car was hit and damaged whilst in their care, so they were very helpful indeed). After 2 days, the brake pedal noise appears to be gone. At last!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I wonder if you could elaborate what part specifically needs to be replaced, which would help me explain it to the dealer. I think this should be clearly warranty if a part of the braking system is making a noise that it should not. I get the clunk every single time when I release the brake pedal quickly and it returns to its original position hitting something to make the clunk noise. Less than a year and 6k miles and it seems to be getting louder over time.

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I wonder if you could elaborate what part specifically needs to be replaced, which would help me explain it to the dealer. I think this should be clearly warranty if a part of the braking system is making a noise that it should not. I get the clunk every single time when I release the brake pedal quickly and it returns to its original position hitting something to make the clunk noise. Less than a year and 6k miles and it seems to be getting louder over time.
The dealer described it as the brake servo, it sits directly behind the brake pedal and bolts through the bulkhead. Took 2 days. it has a 'plunger' which causes the clicking noise when the brake pedal returns to rest, this part makes the noise.
Sponsored