UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My car is now down as “scheduled for production” just over 9 months since the order.
Since matrix lights have re-appeared on the options I spoke to the sales person about adding them again and she suggested waiting to see what options are causing extra delay when I need to fix the options, it seems to change depending on supply problems.

For example last week Bose was adding 6 weeks so I dropped it and racetex B pillar was indefinite delay so I dropped that too.

I expect by the time I have to fix the order some of my other choices will need thinking about again.
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My car is now down as “scheduled for production” just over 9 months since the order.
Since matrix lights have re-appeared on the options I spoke to the sales person about adding them again and she suggested waiting to see what options are causing extra delay when I need to fix the options, it seems to change depending on supply problems.

For example last week Bose was adding 6 weeks so I dropped it and racetex B pillar was indefinite delay so I dropped that too.

I expect by the time I have to fix the order some of my other choices will need thinking about again.
Make sure they keep a careful eye on the lock date Frank. I found that mine came forward a week without warning. Luckily, I had kept the order up to date as my mind and options changed.

Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ordered a GTS saloon end of March 2022 and was told 12-18 months. This was Porsche Chester.

I'm 12th in the queue and they're hoping to be able to deliver 2 a month, but are waiting on allocations expected this month.

Does 2 a month of a specific variant seem realistic? Numbers elsewhere I've seen suggest only a couple of the rarer variants are allocated a quarter.

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I ordered a GTS saloon end of March 2022 and was told 12-18 months. This was Porsche Chester.

I'm 12th in the queue and they're hoping to be able to deliver 2 a month, but are waiting on allocations expected this month.

Does 2 a month of a specific variant seem realistic? Numbers elsewhere I've seen suggest only a couple of the rarer variants are allocated a quarter.
Interesting maths going on here. 12th in the queue, 2/month =6months. So where does 12-18 months come from?

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag

I cannot comprehend why wrapping a plastic part in fabric (which covers the whole interior of the GTSs) is causing indefinite delays in a semicon supply mayhem 🤔
Interesting maths going on here. 12th in the queue, 2/month =6months. So where does 12-18 months come from?
Probably from the fact that dealers’ maths have been BS-proofed as part of their induction training, so they don’t include their own bollocks about them getting many slots into their lead time calcs

Ordered early Jan 22’, was told build slot in June-July for delivery Q3 22’ for CT4S. Still not locked, and dealer told me last week no further update as to an allocation.

Indeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ordered my 4S on November 23 in Boston. Was promised a February build date and an April delivery. Car was built April 21. Still waiting for delivery. First anticipated May 27, now June 10. We’ll see how further I get bumped before delivery.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Mine still waiting for Burmester amp.

So. Very. Painful.

But at least I have managed to secure much cheaper financing!
Sponsored