First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

on my 4S I have confort access enabled and working (handles lift when I approach, trunk and front trunk open with gesture), but I did not spec it in my configuration...

When I log into My Porsche from the browser, it shows me I can buy the service through FOD.

Is anyone able to explain me if maybe for the first period of ownership this function is enabled and it will stop working at a certain point or what?

Thank you
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hi,

on my 4S I have confort access enabled and working (handles lift when I approach, trunk and front trunk open with gesture), but I did not spec it in my configuration...

When I log into My Porsche from the browser, it shows me I can buy the service through FOD.

Is anyone able to explain me if maybe for the first period of ownership this function is enabled and it will stop working at a certain point or what?

Thank you
Do you have the 1 close button or the 2 close/lock buttons in the boot?

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
on the internal boot 1 close button
ok. So they didn't accidentally give you the hardware bit then. Personally i've deactivated keyless entry on my cars to reduce chance of them getting stolen. My SA let it slip he'd a few (porsche generally i think) customers losing stuff out of the boots of their cars. Not so many being outright stolen as other marques though.

OP
OP
pmas73

pmas73

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
can you explain me the difference between having 1 and 2 buttons?
you are referring to hardware they did not accidentally give me...

do you mean that for confort access 2 buttons are required?

I don't understand

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I got this too. It is a 2024 CT4. Didn’t spec it, found out last night that the frunk opens with a gesture. Not tried the boot yet. Strange that Porsche is giving something away for free...🤣

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I understand that if you spec it, then you get 2 buttons in the boot. One to close it and one to close and lock the car.feels a bit pointless as you can just press the dimple on the door handles to lock it.

OP
OP
pmas73

pmas73

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I understand that if you spec it, then you get 2 buttons in the boot. One to close it and one to close and lock the car.feels a bit pointless as you can just press the dimple on the door handles to lock it.
Being this I assume it would not be available to buy through FOD since you are missing hardware...

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
I got this too. It is a 2024 CT4. Didn’t spec it, found out last night that the frunk opens with a gesture. Not tried the boot yet. Strange that Porsche is giving something away for free...🤣
What's the gesture? I've actually come to the car a couple of times with it lifted so may be doing it without knowing!

Same here though, didn't spec and do like the door opening feature

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
What's the gesture? I've actually come to the car a couple of times with it lifted so may be doing it without knowing!

Same here though, didn't spec and do like the door opening feature
Not kidding; swipe below the Porsche logo at the front of your car. The frunk will open itself. For the back, quickly kick with your foot under your your car. Works at the back at the exact middle

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Not kidding; swipe below the Porsche logo at the front of your car. The frunk will open itself. For the back, quickly kick with your foot under your your car. Works at the back at the exact middle
In mine this only works when I clean the car. I can never manage to open it when I want to put something in the frunk.

Last edited:

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
In mine this only works when I clean the car. I can never manage to open it when I want to put something in the trunk.
Really kick forwards and backwards. No swiping or kicking from left to right. Once you get it right, you will find it easy. I use it all the times when I’m grocery shopping and my hands are full. It works for closing too

Last edited:

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
In mine this only works when I clean the car. I can never manage to open it when I want to put something in the trunk.
I will give the boot gesture a go tomorrow. I thought I would try the frunk gesture yesterday, fully expecting it not to work, and low and behold, it worked...blew the kids minds when they saw it. 🤣

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Is there a car wash mode? I thought there might be, as I thought I saw something on this on You Tube. I might do a search, unless anyone knows about this? I don't want the car to keep opening each time I wash it. It happened the other day when I gave it a quick wash. The door handles kept popping out.
Sponsored