tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Took me a while, saved some more money and once the GTS ST dropped, I knew, this body style would be the one. Locked in a carmine red RDW ST this week at the dealers. Leaving the Tesla behind with very good trade-in value and some nice discounts.

The build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNDZ8I67
Sponsored

hamilaird

First Name
hamilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 RWD taycan
Country flag
this thread started a while ago, but.i made the same switch last week, from a performance model 3 to a RWD Taycan. the Porsche is such a better experience.... even if the software isn't up to par with Tesla.

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
Wow M3P to RWD.
You test rode the RWD before finalising, right ?

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Wow M3P to RWD.
You test rode the RWD before finalising, right ?
I went that way also, don’t miss the T car in anyway, still have 6 in my company fleet for my staff and when I have to jump back in one the yawning gap between the cars is evident.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I am a few months into CT4S ownership after coming from a Model 3 SR+.

I absolutely love the way I specced the car, it's great to be able to customise a car to this extent. Additional luxuries like massaging seats, rear wheel steering and Burmester sound are very impressive, especially to friends/family who sit in the car for the first time.

But the quirks/annoyances gradually built up and my whole family (especially the kids) began to miss the Tesla. It was a trivial decision to order a new 3LR and the Taycan will leave as soon as it arrives.

The Taycan is an amazing car, make no doubt; however the Tesla is the car I enjoyed living with more.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I am a few months into CT4S ownership after coming from a Model 3 SR+.

But the quirks/annoyances gradually built up and my whole family (especially the kids) began to miss the Tesla. It was a trivial decision to order a new 3LR and the Taycan will leave as soon as it arrives.

The Taycan is an amazing car, make no doubt; however the Tesla is the car I enjoyed living with more.
My Tesla experience (twice) was ok but the quality and lack of service support kills it after the honeymoon period. Porsche is Porsche. Always been a Porsche family and I'll take Taycan over another Tesla without question. No annoyances with my '21 and the Porsche DNA and heritage really shines.

Tesla is great for the masses looking for an appliance. For the few of us, there is no substitute.

OP
OP
tomtom901

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Tesla is great for the masses looking for an appliance. For the few of us, there is no substitute.
Honestly, can't fault my Tesla, been pretty solid so far, however, I discovered that for me a car needs to be more special than the genericness of the Model 3.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Admittedly what we want from our family car is exactly that; an appliance. Also my perspective is slightly skewed as I have a track car that handles so well that it makes the Taycan and Model 3 indistinguishable at the speeds it is normally driven.

Honestly, can't fault my Tesla, been pretty solid so far, however, I discovered that for me a car needs to be more special than the genericness of the Model 3.
On my last long trip I saw 20 Model 3s over the distance of 45km! It's becoming the de facto generic electric car and during my Taycan honeymoon period it was indeed nice to feel a bit more 'special'. It's the best looking car on the road and I suspect will give you everything you're after.

OP
OP
tomtom901

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Bump, been about 1,5 years since I started this thread and began dreaming about the Taycan (actually been dreaming about it since launch, but this is when things started to get serious).

Collection day is in 1 week!

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Bump, been about 1,5 years since I started this thread and began dreaming about the Taycan (actually been dreaming about it since launch, but this is when things started to get serious).

Collection day is in 1 week!
Congrats!
Sponsored