CPO sold to me by Porsche dealer with damaged part.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is how I bought my Taycan and dealer said its normal wear. When next service is due I bet they will want to replace the disc. I will tell them to do it but I'm not paying.

Porsche Taycan CPO sold to me  by Porsche dealer with damaged part. Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.41
Sponsored

DirtyPop

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I bought my CPO 2021 Taycan from Porsche Norwell in July and it was delivered to me in Atlanta. Upon delivery , I noticed a whistling wind noise around the driver’s side window and I finally took it to my local Porsche dealer here in October where they diagnosed it to be a result of a badly installed windshield which is not properly aligned and a damaged cowl housing. They also said that it would not be covered under warranty because it was damaged and presumably not installed by a Porsche authorized center, and I can confirm this because the CarMax shows that the windshield was replaced before certification at some shop. My car is still under the original comprehensive warranty but the cost to properly install the new windshield and housing plus calibration will be $4500 out of pocket.

My position is that everything which should be covered under warranty on that car should be intact and be under warranty, especially when the CPO checklist states that they inspected the car and all parts are porsche approved and not damaged.

I have written and called the General sales manager at Porsche Norwell about this issue several times and he’s always in a meeting. Funny enough he personally called me to urge me to buy from them when I was shopping for the car. Lol.

Anyway, I just want some ideas as to how to effectively deal with this. I’m thinking of reversing my credit card charges in the amount of $4500 until they fix my car at their expense, or I can report them to Porsche for certifying a car that did not meet Porsche standards and they failed to bring it to Porsche standards before certifying it and selling it to me as a CPO unit.

My car is an awesome car and I love it but that whistle is quite disturbing. What would you do?
I spoke with my service advisor about your issue. He thinks it is an easy fix. He said they can take the cowling off around the windshield and fill in the tiny hole with more spludge. He said that should fix the whistling without having to replace the entire windshield.

OP
OP

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
I spoke with my service advisor about your issue. He thinks it is an easy fix. He said they can take the cowling off around the windshield and fill in the tiny hole with more spludge. He said that should fix the whistling without having to replace the entire windshield.
Thank you. I will suggest that as well to them when they finally respond with a solution.

OP
OP

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
Update on this matter:

I settled with Porsche Norwell today and they will be paying $2300 for half of the windshield replacement. I am satisfied with it because I think I can get it installed for Less than $$2500 if I shop around.

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
Thought this was an interesting thread with ton of misinformation. Sorry for bringing this back to life but just had to chime in so the BS info doesn’t live in perpetuity.

For one, if you have a true CPO car, your car is more valuable (by several thousand) than a identical car (same spec, miles, year, etc) with a regular warranty. As a matter a fact, your original warranty is honored for two additional years.

No, it isn’t just paperwork. It’s an exhaustive 110-point inspection that takes a service center tech at least 1hr and 45min out of their day to perform at a minimum. And if something is discovered, they have two options, they either will resolve the issue as required by the manufacturer. Or they will simply not CPO the vehicle and sell “as-is” with or without their sh%tty dealer extended warranty.

Dealerships are required to pay a fee to the manufacturer anywhere from $3,000 to $4,500 to submit a vehicle into the CPO program.

Porsche has one of the best CPO programs out there. And as stated, unlike other CPO programs with other manufacturers, Porsche CPO cars don’t overlap with the existing warranty, they begin once the original warranty expires and extends the same bumper to bumper coverage by 2-3 years.

and as such, is covered under many state Lemon Laws because of that.

Some folks in the thread may be confusing “extended dealership warranties” with CPOs. Extended warranties are only covered by the dealership. CPOs have nothing to do with being honored by a specific dealership. You can take a CPO car to any Porsche dealer in the US and it will be treated just like a new car warranty. Dealer can’t tell you to go take it to the original dealership.

In the case of this particular issue that was resolved by the specific dealership, it’s very likely that the dealership made a CPO mistake when submitting to the manufacturer and was forced by the manufacturer to settle with the customer. This is evident from the fact that the OP stated the checklist came back fine but the Carfax showed a discrepancy. This sometimes happens when the dealer screws up and treats the inspection as just “paperwork”. It catches up to them when the manufacturer discovers the half-ass inspection report. One of the agreements between dealer and manufacturer on the backend is basically, if you (dealership) f’d up and did a piss poor inspection and we find out about it (documented carfax that states otherwise), you are liable for the repair costs and not the manufacturer.

morale of the story, don’t ever buy pre owned porches that are not CPO certified.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Some folks in the thread may be confusing “extended dealership warranties” with CPOs. Extended warranties are only covered by the dealership. CPOs have nothing to do with being honored by a specific dealership. You can take a CPO car to any Porsche dealer in the US and it will be treated just like a new car warranty. Dealer can’t tell you to go take it to the original dealership.
The extended warranty is certainly valid all over Europe for European cars. My French extended warranty covered my battery repair in Sweden plus repatriation of us and the car back home to southern France. Seems there is no difference between CPO or extended warranty here in Europe.

OP
OP

Jagu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
Thought this was an interesting thread with ton of misinformation. Sorry for bringing this back to life but just had to chime in so the BS info doesn’t live in perpetuity.

For one, if you have a true CPO car, your car is more valuable (by several thousand) than a identical car (same spec, miles, year, etc) with a regular warranty. As a matter a fact, your original warranty is honored for two additional years.

No, it isn’t just paperwork. It’s an exhaustive 110-point inspection that takes a service center tech at least 1hr and 45min out of their day to perform at a minimum. And if something is discovered, they have two options, they either will resolve the issue as required by the manufacturer. Or they will simply not CPO the vehicle and sell “as-is” with or without their sh%tty dealer extended warranty.

Dealerships are required to pay a fee to the manufacturer anywhere from $3,000 to $4,500 to submit a vehicle into the CPO program.

Porsche has one of the best CPO programs out there. And as stated, unlike other CPO programs with other manufacturers, Porsche CPO cars don’t overlap with the existing warranty, they begin once the original warranty expires and extends the same bumper to bumper coverage by 2-3 years.

and as such, is covered under many state Lemon Laws because of that.

In the case of this particular issue that was resolved by the specific dealership, it’s very likely that the dealership made a CPO mistake when submitting to the manufacturer and was forced by the manufacturer to settle with the customer. This is evident from the fact that the OP stated the checklist came back fine but the Carfax showed a discrepancy. This sometimes happens when the dealer screws up and treats the inspection as just “paperwork”. It catches up to them when the manufacturer discovers the half-ass inspection report. One of the agreements between dealer and manufacturer on the backend is basically, if you (dealership) f’d up and did a piss poor inspection and we find out about it (documented carfax that states otherwise), you are liable for the repair costs and not the manufacturer.

morale of the story, don’t ever buy pre owned porches that are not CPO certified.
I agree with everything you’ve stated here and that’s why I insisted that the selling dealership should fix it. Porsche finally called them and we have settled it.

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
I agree with everything you’ve stated here and that’s why I insisted that the selling dealership should fix it. Porsche finally called them and we have settled it.
Excellent! Terrible you had to go through that ideal. Certainly hope nobody else has to deal with that.