Dealer forcing me to receive my CT4 order with add-ons - Resist All and Apex coating. Dealer move to tack on revenue.

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Dealer in Georgia is forcing me to accept my custom order with Resist All (interior protection) and Apex coating (exterior protection, similar to ceramic coating) with my CT4 delivery. I pushed back some but not too hard. My sales rep basically said it is what it is. What are your thoughts? Has anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Dealer in Georgia is forcing me to accept my custom order with Resist All (interior protection) and Alex coating (exterior protection, similar to ceramic coating) with my CT4 delivery. I pushed back some but not too hard. My sales rep basically said it is what it is. What are you thoughts? Has anyone else had this happen?
A reputable dealer should not do this. If you have no choice I would tell them not to do Alex Coating. You may have to pay them. The last thing you want is then to have to remove it before having someone redo it.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I agree with @Torv. Make sure you get it in writing/email, then walk away. If they don't want to return the deposit, use the written evidence to report to the credit card for a refund. If they come back trying to revive the deal, that tells you that now you have an upper hand, meaning you should be able to negotiate a lower price than the original deal. If they don't come back, you're probably better off nor doing a deal with them. Make sure you share your experience on sites like yelp, file a complaint with Better Business Bureau, etc - warn others.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
I with Torv here….. that seems very unscrupulous of the dealer to do that. I would agree call his bluff and walk.. start another vehicle order from another dealer…

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
dealers now have the upperhand, its their way of adding a markup but not calling it a markup. Buy the car, refinance with a different bank immediately and screw them on that. Get the tire protection package and cancel it a week later. They have $500 that they can discount that package. Tell them youll take the tire package instead of that and make sure its the porsche one. you can cancel it anytime. SCREW THEM instead.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tell them you'll take the car without any addons you didn't order or you'll walk & accurately report your experience to PCNA, Yelp & Google.

In no world can they keep your deposit when they're trying to force you into addons. Make sure you do this via email so you have a hard copy.

If they relent.. buy the car, and still report them to PCNA/yelp/Google and service elsewhere.

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
Which dealer is trying this? I might order one from a dealer in Georgia so I really wanna make sure not to give this one any business

Dealer in Georgia is forcing me to accept my custom order with Resist All (interior protection) and Apex coating (exterior protection, similar to ceramic coating) with my CT4 delivery. I pushed back some but not too hard. My sales rep basically said it is what it is. What are your thoughts? Has anyone else had this happen?

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Tell them you'll take the car without any addons you didn't order or you'll walk & accurately report your experience to PCNA, Yelp & Google.

In no world can they keep your deposit when they're trying to force you into addons. Make sure you do this via email so you have a hard copy.

If they relent.. buy the car, and still report them to PCNA/yelp/Google and service elsewhere.
Agree with this take. You’re on here asking because like all of us who ordered after the spring, you’ve waited a long time for this car and don’t want to wait for another. Do what @PanameraFrank suggests but then also do a Google search and find out who the regional rep is for your area in GA. They are usually on LinkedIn but their email will be hidden. Porsche corporate emails are very simple. If you can find out who the rep is for your region, their email address will be [email protected] Mention that person by name when you are replying to the dealer and copy them on the email. Make it clear that you will be raising this issue with PCNA. That’s the only way I got traction with my old dealer to get my deposit back.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Unscrupulous and unethical. Dealers are within their rights to charge for add-ons if they are shown on the window sticker for cars on the lot but attempting to add them to a custom order is beyond the pale.

How are they "forcing" you? Are they refusing to sell you the car unless you agree to the add-ons? When you placed your deposit you, and the dealer, should have signed a purchase agreement that stipulated the vehicle options and price. Were the interior and exterior treatments included in that agreement?. If not, you have a legal basis for refusing those options.

I'm tempted to add my voice to the opinions that say you should walk away from the deal but, for you, that's no doubt easier said than done. You've probably been waiting a long time for this car and, frankly, in this market you have little leverage as the dealer can find another buyer easily. If it were me, I'd probably be contacting Porsche Cars North America, the Better Business Bureau and whatever government agencies monitor businesses in Georgia as well as posting on forums like this and every relevant social media platform you can think of. For example does your dealer have a Facebook presence? Yelp? Let them know you will be posting the names of the dealership and those involved and what they are doing. If you were planning to finance through this dealer make sure they know you will be going elsewhere. And unless it's totally impractical, inform them that you will be going somewhere else for service and accessories as well. Not to mention giving them a really sh***y review when the Porsche satisfaction survey arrives.

Bottom line, try to make them understand that any additional profit they were hoping to make off of you will be way more trouble than it's worth. Good luck.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
If it’s not on the Monroney sticker you don’t have to pay for it.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I suggest you tell them
1- you ordered the car and were not told about the add-ons
2- they were obligated to tell you at that time
3- you proceeded without them speaking up and they were obligated to do so
4- you detrimentally relied and proceeded to purchase the car
5- your detrimental reliance is you would have purchased a car else where and have now wasted x months
6- if you have to go elsewhere now given the demand it will cost you $x more to purchase a similar Taycan
7- they are now legally estopped from raising the add ons now

Good luck
Sponsored