CPO Taycans... Does free charging continue on as well?

mattfort

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 550xi
Country flag
Hi,

Looking at CPO Taycan's and wondering if the CPO 2 year continued warranty extends the free charging as well?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Is this the next model? It's called Taycan :) and no, probably not.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi,

Looking at CPO Taycan's and wondering if the CPO 2 year continued warranty extends the free charging as well?
I believe the residual of the initial 3 years does transfer to the new owner…if that is your question.

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
I believe the residual of the initial 3 years does transfer to the new owner…if that is your question.
I think OP meant if you get 2 additional years of free EA charging, just like warranty. I believe the answer is no by default, but maybe it's something a dealer can throw in to sweeten the deal.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
The three years of free charging follows the car and set up as annual subscriptions that renews the second and third year. You do need to make sure the car is properly transferred to you in My Porsche as the plan shows up there.

DrMitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Yup - I got residual transferred to me when I purchased my CPO (it was only on road for 9mo)

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You get whatever is left of The 3 years. I just bought a CPO 2020 and I got 1 full year of free charging. However you need to register with my Porsche and access the charging subscription to set it up.

ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
My 2020 CPO also shows one year and my vehicle in service date is well past the initial 3 years.

I'm not able to use the included time because the MyPorsche app and EA charging stations don't ever recognize one another unless I give EA my Amex. Then it works perfectly. EA won't issue a refund because they claim to not know anything about CPO vehicles having a year included.

Odd, isn't EA owned by VW?
Sponsored