High mileage Taycans - how well will we age?

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I am wondering how well the Taycan will age. And how long it is expected to last without too much fundamental problems.
Anybody having a Taycan with very high mileage on it that can share his/her experience ?
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well, I got one up to 28.5K miles.

The windshield had so many speckles it needed replacement.
A few rock chips through the PPF.
Some abrasions to the underside plastics.

Drove like new!

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I am nearing 40k, it had 26k when I bought it. Got a new windshield through cpo due to a chip, as DerekS noted the one that was replaced had tons of speckles which i thought was strange.. charge still holds well and imo drives like new…. If my kids would stop breaking the seat control on the passenger side that would be great as that part is A. Shit design, and B. Expensive to replace whole unit.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think for some reason the Taycan’s design just picks up a lot of windshield rock chips. There’s been a lot of rain and some road construction in my area, but still have gotten quite a few in only 4k miles

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I am nearing 40k, it had 26k when I bought it. Got a new windshield through cpo due to a chip, as DerekS noted the one that was replaced had tons of speckles which i thought was strange.. charge still holds well and imo drives like new…. If my kids would stop breaking the seat control on the passenger side that would be great as that part is A. Shit design, and B. Expensive to replace whole unit.
CPO covers rock chips? You didn't have to go through insurance?

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
CPO covers rock chips? You didn't have to go through insurance?
They found it in cpo review/check list.
They tried to fill it initially, but it cracked beyond that….We had a little back and forth but they replaced it. Which in my opinion was fair since a windshield is something that would impact price if you know you have to replace it. Maybe I just lucked though and that isn’t normal.

the next week I got a chip in it again!! That one I got got filled via the protection plan. Such is life. I have a renewed dislike or semi trucks and their love with throwing rocks at my car..

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Just a quick note that all this recent acceleration in depreciation is messing with my mind; I have a cheap lease rate (1.9%) which was too good to pass on, and which provides a floor minimum value on the car at term (3Y) of (from memory) 58%.

I like to think of this floor value as protection on the car, an option for me to purchase it then if market value is higher than the residual value. And if the market value tanks I can "abandon" the car.

The floor value holds only if I stay within the 20k kms per annum limit, and the penalty for over mileage is ~$0.5/km!

Given all the recent volatility in depreciation, I have reined in my driving which however in the 25-30k kms per year, I think that floor value may come in handy
Sponsored