Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag
Hi All

Hope everyone doing well this week.

Our TCT 4S arrived about 10 days ago ( in the most appalling biblical rain for years - typical !! )

MY 22
Crayon/Black Standard Leather/Sports seats
Off Road Pack
Bose
Sports Chrono
Ambient Lighting
Pan Roof
21 Satin Black Wheels
Black Calipers with standard brakes
Black Gloss Inserts
Clear Rear Porsche Logo
5:1 seating
Electric Sound

few other bits and pieces ( none of the driver aids like RWS etc. )

Had as mentioned really struggled with the colour choice as most of our cars have been darker grey for the last 10 years or so. For anyone stuggling with Crayon and the fact it looks either white or beige ( nothing wrong with that ). Its beautiful in the flesh especially in autumnal weather here in the UK especially when you get up close you can really see the grey tone in it even if whenever I see pics or take some it looks white ish.

Took up the GTech Ceramic coating which given the appalling weather we have experienced in the last week I am really happy about as made cleaning the car much easier.

What to say about the car itself. Well to be honest it has continued to exceed expectations and we both love it ( my wife will be driving it mostly ).

• First and foremost it drives and feels like a Porsche.
  • Its plenty fast enough for day to day driving. Doubt my 991.GTS would see which way it went apart from in the corners/country roads.
  • Its a big car but weirdly it shrinks around you and belies its size and certainly weight. Handles exceptional well especially as we didn't option any of the driver/handling aids.
  • Supremely comfortable - would recommend the sports seats especially for anyone with low back issues like myself. First car with air suspension and it is a revelation.
  • Range is acceptable. Seem to be getting 195 - 204 maximum indicated range in 5 - 15 deg C with the 21". Hoping this might improve but not the end of the world if doesn't.
  • You can just get in and drive ( almost ) once the initial set up on handover is complete although there's allot to work through I feel to understand and optimise the car.
On some of our option choices my initial thoughts are:

• Crayon love it ( phew ! )
  • 21" Satin Black wheels having seen the Gloss prefer these at the Gloss were too shinny but appreciate others may prefer
  • 5:1 seating just about manageable for 3 tall teenage children. will be fine for smaller ones.
  • Sports seats some of the best I have sat in. The lumbar support seems particularly adjustable for those with low back issues.
  • Bose really good as it is in our Cayenne and 991 enough depth in sound quality and adjustability to suit differing music styles
  • Gloss Black inserts tie in well with the duller black of the plastic arches ( think the satin black wheels tie in nicely here too ).
  • Ambient lighting lifts the standard black interior pretty well ( settled on a burnt orange hew )
  • Electric Sport sound I love it - On a practical note we've already had a near miss with a pedestrian not hearing us when it wasn't on so tending to keep it on around town driving and turning off on the motorway etc.
  • Standard Brakes most of the time seem up to the job but just a few times I have thought they were not going to stop us and wasn't going silly speeds at all.
  • Rear View Camera not the best to be honest and glad its now standard
  • Standard Interior can see why people would want to go for the extended leather but honestly the standard is still lovely and so far don't regret not specifying it over some of the other things we did.
  • Off Road Pack I like it but then I also like those that I have seen without it tbh. What I will say having driven in some pretty lousy weather the last week it does seem to do a good job of protecting the lower sections of the paintwork although you do get little stones and debris stuck in the gutters as other forum posts had suggested
  • Pan Roof Mainly got this for the colour contrast with the Crayon and very glad we did as has worked to my eyes

Had a few niggles so far which as its our first electric car and Porsches first too.

I was expecting so not overly bothered so far although have one eye on the future as it gets older with more miles etc. :

• In heavy rain seem to get 3 warnings: limited visibility ( fair enough ), low beam assist function N/A, Rear View Camera obscured ( even when going forward.
  • Went through 6-9" deep puddle last week and about 10 seconds later got a really horrible screeching noise both whilst moving and stationary for about 3-4 minutes which went away after touching the brakes a few times ( thought is might have been the brakes but was weird and kept fading in and out whilst stationary behind a bus )
  • There's another noise that has happened only on start up a couple of times which sounds like a motor spooling up, increasing in tempo and then recedes/slows down and goes away.

We opted for an Anderson Charger and for anyone considering which one I found them efficient, friendly and worth the money. Its nice kit and blends in well on the side of the house.

Taking the car and myself up to our dealer for a Masterclass this weekend to set it up properly and compare with a couple of other TCT to see if I am just being overly dramatic with the niggles.

Few pictures to hopefully show for others how this sort of spec looks and comparisons on size etc.

Any queries happy to share more or can PM me cheers

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 1

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 2

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 4

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 5

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 6

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 7

Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived TCT 9

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Very nice buddy... I've got a Crayon CT4S too, good to see someone else with great taste! :CWL:

Lovely car... enjoy! :like:

OP
OP

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very nice buddy... I've got a Crayon CT4S too, good to see someone else with great taste! :CWL:

Lovely car... enjoy! :like:
Haha cheers buddy. Remember you were one of the reassuring voices that all would be well with the colour choice thank you. Who am I to argue ;)).

Cheers loving it so far.

Regards from across the border in sunny Lancashire :)

Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Looks fabulous but be careful with the wheels - they are very unforgiving against usual bumps and kerbs - annoyingly managed to kerb mine twice since new only 2 months ago :-(

Hi All

Hope everyone doing well this week.

Our TCT 4S arrived about 10 days ago ( in the most appalling biblical rain for years - typical !! )

MY 22
Crayon/Black Standard Leather/Sports seats
Off Road Pack
Bose
Sports Chrono
Ambient Lighting
Pan Roof
21 Satin Black Wheels
Black Calipers with standard brakes
Black Gloss Inserts
Clear Rear Porsche Logo
5:1 seating
Electric Sound

few other bits and pieces ( none of the driver aids like RWS etc. )

Had as mentioned really struggled with the colour choice as most of our cars have been darker grey for the last 10 years or so. For anyone stuggling with Crayon and the fact it looks either white or beige ( nothing wrong with that ). Its beautiful in the flesh especially in autumnal weather here in the UK especially when you get up close you can really see the grey tone in it even if whenever I see pics or take some it looks white ish.

Took up the GTech Ceramic coating which given the appalling weather we have experienced in the last week I am really happy about as made cleaning the car much easier.

What to say about the car itself. Well to be honest it has continued to exceed expectations and we both love it ( my wife will be driving it mostly ).

• First and foremost it drives and feels like a Porsche.
  • Its plenty fast enough for day to day driving. Doubt my 991.GTS would see which way it went apart from in the corners/country roads.
  • Its a big car but weirdly it shrinks around you and belies its size and certainly weight. Handles exceptional well especially as we didn't option any of the driver/handling aids.
  • Supremely comfortable - would recommend the sports seats especially for anyone with low back issues like myself. First car with air suspension and it is a revelation.
  • Range is acceptable. Seem to be getting 195 - 204 maximum indicated range in 5 - 15 deg C with the 21". Hoping this might improve but not the end of the world if doesn't.
  • You can just get in and drive ( almost ) once the initial set up on handover is complete although there's allot to work through I feel to understand and optimise the car.
On some of our option choices my initial thoughts are:

• Crayon love it ( phew ! )
  • 21" Satin Black wheels having seen the Gloss prefer these at the Gloss were too shinny but appreciate others may prefer
  • 5:1 seating just about manageable for 3 tall teenage children. will be fine for smaller ones.
  • Sports seats some of the best I have sat in. The lumbar support seems particularly adjustable for those with low back issues.
  • Bose really good as it is in our Cayenne and 991 enough depth in sound quality and adjustability to suit differing music styles
  • Gloss Black inserts tie in well with the duller black of the plastic arches ( think the satin black wheels tie in nicely here too ).
  • Ambient lighting lifts the standard black interior pretty well ( settled on a burnt orange hew )
  • Electric Sport sound I love it - On a practical note we've already had a near miss with a pedestrian not hearing us when it wasn't on so tending to keep it on around town driving and turning off on the motorway etc.
  • Standard Brakes most of the time seem up to the job but just a few times I have thought they were not going to stop us and wasn't going silly speeds at all.
  • Rear View Camera not the best to be honest and glad its now standard
  • Standard Interior can see why people would want to go for the extended leather but honestly the standard is still lovely and so far don't regret not specifying it over some of the other things we did.
  • Off Road Pack I like it but then I also like those that I have seen without it tbh. What I will say having driven in some pretty lousy weather the last week it does seem to do a good job of protecting the lower sections of the paintwork although you do get little stones and debris stuck in the gutters as other forum posts had suggested
  • Pan Roof Mainly got this for the colour contrast with the Crayon and very glad we did as has worked to my eyes

Had a few niggles so far which as its our first electric car and Porsches first too.

I was expecting so not overly bothered so far although have one eye on the future as it gets older with more miles etc. :

• In heavy rain seem to get 3 warnings: limited visibility ( fair enough ), low beam assist function N/A, Rear View Camera obscured ( even when going forward.
  • Went through 6-9" deep puddle last week and about 10 seconds later got a really horrible screeching noise both whilst moving and stationary for about 3-4 minutes which went away after touching the brakes a few times ( thought is might have been the brakes but was weird and kept fading in and out whilst stationary behind a bus )
  • There's another noise that has happened only on start up a couple of times which sounds like a motor spooling up, increasing in tempo and then recedes/slows down and goes away.

We opted for an Anderson Charger and for anyone considering which one I found them efficient, friendly and worth the money. Its nice kit and blends in well on the side of the house.

Taking the car and myself up to our dealer for a Masterclass this weekend to set it up properly and compare with a couple of other TCT to see if I am just being overly dramatic with the niggles.

Few pictures to hopefully show for others how this sort of spec looks and comparisons on size etc.

Any queries happy to share more or can PM me cheers

TCT 1.jpg

TCT 2.jpg

TCT 4.jpg

TCT 5.jpg

TCT 6.jpg

TCT 7.jpg

TCT 9.jpg
Porsche Taycan Crayon CT4S Arrived 9A16BF62-3030-4711-9466-560729870C1D

OP
OP

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks fabulous but be careful with the wheels - they are very unforgiving against usual bumps and kerbs - annoyingly managed to kerb mine twice since new only 2 months ago :-(

9A16BF62-3030-4711-9466-560729870C1D.jpeg
bummer mate - Yeh I know - Already having palpitations at the thought of it - did one of the GTS wheels for the first time in 5 years ownership a couple of months ago

don’t think the ceramic coating will help with that eventuality :((

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Lovely looking car, looks very nice next to the 911.

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Now that’s a nice looking couple on the driveway! ?
Great looking CT mate, the crayon has really grown on me - regretting chickening out for the jet black…

OP
OP

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that’s a nice looking couple on the driveway! ?
Great looking CT mate, the crayon has really grown on me - regretting chickening out for the jet black…
Cheers both - really chuffed on how it looks - the 911 is like a dinky car next to it and feels like a GT3 Cup car in comparison :))

so many colour choices especially now there’s PTS but you know every time I see a black or gentian blue Taycan I think they look properly stunning - you won’t be disappointed with Jet black I’m sure ??

Mutz Nutz

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I ordered black as well. Hoping that a PPD + ceramic will make it a little easier at least…
Yes I have full healing PPF, but still makes me cringe when the roads are like they are in the UK

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
20211013_233257.jpg

Received mine 3 weeks ago, love it but the time of year is driving me crackers ?
Hey Phil, car looks great! Would you mind telling me which parts you had painted? I can see the wheel arches have been done but not sure if anything else. Are the mirrors the standard version?
Regards Daniel

Mutz Nutz

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Hey Phil, car looks great! Would you mind telling me which parts you had painted? I can see the wheel arches have been done but not sure if anything else. Are the mirrors the standard version?
Regards Daniel
Hello Daniel,

Thanks ?

Had the wheel arch plastics painted as I wasn't keen on the audi allroader look, and the rest is part of the black pack that replaces the chrome, wing mirrors are standard.

Regards Phil
Sponsored