RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
One of the few I have seen with the carbon fibre mirrors. I just added that to my spec a week or so ago after seeing a video with them. They look great. Assume you are happy with them??
No regrets here on the Carbon Fiber mirrors. They look better up close.
Sponsored

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Absolutely love them! Especially on a light color car. They really look good!

One of the few I have seen with the carbon fibre mirrors. I just added that to my spec a week or so ago after seeing a video with them. They look great. Assume you are happy with them??

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
Someday I might add them to my Taycan, they are quite nice.
i’m planning on making mine gloss black with ppf so it would match the window trim.... weird that they dont offer it as an option

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Love Dolomite. It was my order with the 22” Exclusive Design wheels too. But changed it last minute to Carrera White. Truth is it looks great in almost any color!
Spacers, Tints and PPF on eholencar is next week!
Do you know yet what thickness spacers you are going for yet? I think our cars need 8-10mm rear and 12-15mm front.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
Beautiful exactly the same as mine that will I pick up on Friday. Mine has the red leather but I think yours is different?
Well i was supposed to pick up on Friday but just heard from the dealer it has been picked as a quality check (apparently it is one in every 6) might get it next week now. Probably means it has been dropped from a great height or is in a river somewhere!! Quality checks sound suspicious to me and makes me think something was not working from the factory or was broken or even damaged in transport. This is the 5th delay since the scheduled delivery end of March and to be honest the excitement of the car arriving has all but disappeared and really don't want it now as it is probably a lemon.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well i was supposed to pick up on Friday but just heard from the dealer it has been picked as a quality check (apparently it is one in every 6) might get it next week now. Probably means it has been dropped from a great height or is in a river somewhere!! Quality checks sound suspicious to me and makes me think something was not working from the factory or was broken or even damaged in transport. This is the 5th delay since the scheduled delivery end of March and to be honest the excitement of the car arriving has all but disappeared and really don't want it now as it is probably a lemon.
Does anyone know how long these quality checks take? I have heard nothing more!! Reading through the threads I have seen this a number of times but no releases so is is a long time?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
As frustrating as these delays are, you rather wait and get a QCed car than a dump, which then you have to spend time and energy to get fixed...

Once you have the car, all this will be distant memory in no time.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As frustrating as these delays are, you rather wait and get a QCed car than a dump, which then you have to spend time and energy to get fixed...

Once you have the car, all this will be distant memory in no time.
I know you are absolutely right just cannot help thinking quality control means it has problems or worse and always will

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The most correct measurement is 15mm in front and 12-13mm in back. But!!!! I could not find any 12 or 13 mm spacers anywhere that fit. So I’m going with 15mm front sndvrear

Do you know yet what thickness spacers you are going for yet? I think our cars need 8-10mm rear and 12-15mm front.

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The most correct measurement is 15mm in front and 12-13mm in back. But!!!! I could not find any 12 or 13 mm spacers anywhere that fit. So I’m going with 15mm front snd rear

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
The most correct measurement is 15mm in front and 12-13mm in back. But!!!! I could not find any 12 or 13 mm spacers anywhere that fit. So I’m going with 15mm front sndvrear
How did you arrive at this measurement?

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Get a straight board at true vertical and line it up to fender. Then measure the distance from the widest part of the tire to the edge of the board. It’s about 20mm in front. Subtract 5mm to be safe from rubbing. Do same for rear and it comes out to 18mm minus 5mm or 13mm. I’m doing 15mm because I couldn’t find a 13mm (only 15 was available).
How did you arrive at this measurement?

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Get a straight board at true vertical and line it up to fender. Then measure the distance from the widest part of the tire to the edge of the board. It’s about 20mm in front. Subtract 5mm to be safe from rubbing. Do same for rear and it comes out to 18mm minus 5mm or 13mm. I’m doing 15mm because I couldn’t find a 13mm (only 15 was available).
FWIW, my custom guy wanted to install 15mm in front and 10mm in rear. I didn't end up doing it, but here's a pic he took showing the install (right side with the spacers and left is stock).

Porsche Taycan Finally Arrived! Image-1
Sponsored