Mark;680

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4s
Country flag
I am due to finalise the spec on a 4s. I originally had my heart set on Crayon with the Turbo Aero wheel and the panoramic roof but am now having second thoughts. My second choice is Volcanic Grey, but I also like the Ice Grey Metallic. I know colour is subjective but any thoughts would be gratefully received.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Between those two, I'd vote for crayon.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
IMHO its the difference between black and white (literally).

Crayon has a beige tone to it and both this and Ice Grey look fairly stark.

Configurator doesn't do any of the colours justice and Volcano appears with an agate look about it and in real life it patently isn't.

Posted earlier on another thread - Ice Grey is a shade of white at a premium price. Volcano is a great choice from a pretty poor set of standard colours. If you have seen Ice Grey in the flesh then fine.

Suggest going to the dealers one last time and look at their paint samples and ideally any cars in these colours.

Have you dismissed Dolomite Silver?

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I am due to finalise the spec on a 4s. I originally had my heart set on Crayon with the Turbo Aero wheel and the panoramic roof but am now having second thoughts. My second choice is Volcanic Grey, but I also like the Ice Grey Metallic. I know colour is subjective but any thoughts would be gratefully received.
You will always get one-sided opinions on this question. With the Taycan (because of its design elements in black), darker colours may make you think the car does not stand out as much; is harder to keep clean/shows up any dirt/dust etc but at the same time is still very elegant to the eye (esp when clean) - you might feel you just miss some of the detail.

Lighter colours will tend to "pop"/be in your face more, simply because they stand out from the crowd and also actually draw the eye to the lines of the car and design cues. If they have metallic elements it might be even more pronounced vs flater colours, due to light refraction at different angles.

In the end I would suggest not to rely on the Porsche configurator or colour swatches - there are enough cars at dealers to compare in the flesh. Ultimately, whatever you pick I am sure you will love/enjoy.

Just to be like some others with one-sided opinions though - for me it is Ice Grey all day every day and this is why...

Porsche Taycan Crayon V Volcano Grey 7051519E-0351-4100-8B00-FBA54C3C9906_1_201_a

ChalkTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Crayon has my vote. The darker color is hiding the beautiful lines of the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think this survey was taken prior to some of the new colours being available. Would be interesting to re-run and see what the trend is - suspect Carrera White would be out front (influence of launch car colours)

Porsche Taycan Crayon V Volcano Grey 1629906547030

Reactions: B61

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Crayon has my vote. The darker color is hiding the beautiful lines of the car.
Again very subjective of course :) I have a mineral grey metallic M4 with lines that catch your eye in all light conditions other than black out :)

If you look at these couple of examples for the CT I'd argue the lines show as good if not better than cars trending towards white - again, perhaps subjective - as always a personal choice.

And as @W1NGE said, the config. color is indeed way off being more soil or agate vs the actual grey and no, the proper Volcano grey is not darker than the configurator color in respect accentuating lines.

Porsche Taycan Crayon V Volcano Grey MYBUILD Final 2

Porsche Taycan Crayon V Volcano Grey MYBUILD Final 3

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I struggled with this same decision. One felt safer…and the other felt “riskier.” At the end, I decided to go with the one that first caught my eye & was the bolder choice. After all, when spending this much money on a car, why go with the safer choice. Chalk for me.
Sponsored