Cross Turismo Compass is broken ?

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi guys, I've uploaded a video in which you can hear a fast ticking noise coming from the compass. I've also noticed that sometimes it just doesn't move at all.

Anyone else encountered the same noise with this CT?

I'm about to write an email to Porsche but I'd like first to have some input from the forum (to be prepared if they say it's totally normal lol).

Many thanks.

PS: don't listen to all the other creaking noises, my car was full of groceries.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Never had any noises or abnormal behaviours in mine (bought last June).
Does it always power up to a non-North bearing and return to North on power down (IIRC, that's how mine behaves)?

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Never had any noises or abnormal behaviours in mine (bought last June).
Does it always power up to a non-North bearing and return to North on power down (IIRC, that's how mine behaves)?
No it never did that. When I power down the car, it just stay in the last known direction and that's it.

That's interesting.

Anyone else can confirm their compass return to North on power down?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've just been to check mine- it does power up from North, but just to clarify that on powerdown it stays on (at the correct bearing) for however long the ancillary power outlets (12v & USB) remain on after powerdown by dash switch or keyfob (I think at least 10 mins, maybe 30?). After that period, the compass parks itself at North.

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I've just been to check mine- it does power up from North, but just to clarify that on powerdown it stays on (at the correct bearing) for however long the ancillary power outlets (12v & USB) remain on after powerdown by dash switch or keyfob (I think at least 10 mins, maybe 30?). After that period, the compass parks itself at North.
You are correct and thanks for the info. I just went to check mine and noticed the compass shows at North since the car has been parked for a couple of hours now. I never noticed so much appreciated.

Now the only remaining concern is the ticking noises that comes from the compass (like in the video).

wizar2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
hello!
I’ve just taken delivery of my CT turbo with compass 3 days ago; and I’m hearing this too, and my car is only at 100km.
hope someone can shed some light on this…

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
hello!
I’ve just taken delivery of my CT turbo with compass 3 days ago; and I’m hearing this too, and my car is only at 100km.
hope someone can shed some light on this…
Exactly the same noise as mine.
Let’s see if other people have the same issue. I will write an email to Porsche with my video.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Exactly the same noise as mine.
Let’s see if other people have the same issue. I will write an email to Porsche with my video.
Zero noises from mine - operating as it should (CT4S built Nov 2021) - def an odd noise and something somewhere not right.

wizar2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just an update:

Brought my car back to dealer to check, they confirmed the noise is from the compass. So they disabled the compass in the mean time (no more sound) and ordered replacement parts for it. Est 3 weeks for the part to arrive (I’m in Malaysia), will update when it get fixed.
Cheers

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just an update:

Brought my car back to dealer to check, they confirmed the noise is from the compass. So they disabled the compass in the mean time (no more sound) and ordered replacement parts for it. Est 3 weeks for the part to arrive (I’m in Malaysia), will update when it get fixed.
Cheers
Thank you for the update! I just wrote an email to my dealer.

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So just a small update for anyone having the same issue. My car is at the dealer and they confirmed that the compass needs to be replaced.
Sponsored