Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
Although I should probably take the time to investigate this question myself, thought I’d throw it out there for those who have already done the deep dive on what the differences are between the Taycan CT and the yet to be released Taycan ST? Height adjustment and a few cladding options aside, they look identical to me?
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
That's pretty much it. Slight change in ride height 20-30mm depending on if you have the offroad package on a CT vs the ST, and changes in the cladding with no plastic wheel arches. The rear spoiler on the ST is also body color.

The ST also has some updated range numbers, but since there doesn't appear to be any new battery tech on board, my guess is this will trickle over to the other models as well.

Obviously right now the ST is only available in GTS which the CT isn't, but it sounds like the ST and CT will eventually be offered in all trims except RWD (or maybe the ST will).

It really will just boil down to use case and styling if you are debating between the two. In terms of interior space and storage, they will be identical. Some CT owners love the cladding and look, while other's here have tried to make them body color or spec their car darker so it isn't easily seen. For folks like that, the ST is a no brainer. Some might prefer the ingress and egress of the CT since it sits slightly higher. Anyone driving on dirt roads or in an area with crappy roads might also prefer the CT.

They're honestly just the same car with minor changes. Porsche being Porsche by giving their consumers every option they could think of. I personally prefer the CT, and think the black spoiler and cladding break up the color monotony of the ST, but as seen on here, everyone has their own specific taste and style.

OP
OP
Pwh819

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
That's pretty much it. Slight change in ride height 20-30mm depending on if you have the offroad package on a CT vs the ST, and changes in the cladding with no plastic wheel arches. The rear spoiler on the ST is also body color.

The ST also has some updated range numbers, but since there doesn't appear to be any new battery tech on board, my guess is this will trickle over to the other models as well.

Obviously right now the ST is only available in GTS which the CT isn't, but it sounds like the ST and CT will eventually be offered in all trims except RWD (or maybe the ST will).

It really will just boil down to use case and styling if you are debating between the two. In terms of interior space and storage, they will be identical. Some CT owners love the cladding and look, while other's here have tried to make them body color or spec their car darker so it isn't easily seen. For folks like that, the ST is a no brainer. Some might prefer the ingress and egress of the CT since it sits slightly higher. Anyone driving on dirt roads or in an area with crappy roads might also prefer the CT.

They're honestly just the same car with minor changes. Porsche being Porsche by giving their consumers every option they could think of. I personally prefer the CT, and think the black spoiler and cladding break up the color monotony of the ST, but as seen on here, everyone has their own specific taste and style.
Thanks for the quick reply. Your overview makes sense and is as you’ve noted typical Porsche. I see you have a Taycan CT in your profile so assuming it’s a recent delivery. I’m considering a preorder for 2022 and a trade for my 2021 Mamba. I’m surprised how quickly I got over not having a ICE Porsche.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Thanks for the quick reply. Your overview makes sense and is as you’ve noted typical Porsche. I see you have a Taycan CT in your profile so assuming it’s a recent delivery. I’m considering a preorder for 2022 and a trade for my 2021 Mamba. I’m surprised how quickly I got over not having a ICE Porsche.
Yup. Actually jumped from a 4S Sedan to the CT4 last week. I got out of a 718 Boxster S before I had the Taycan.

Definitely don't miss the ICE. I had a Model S before my 718, and it was a huge adjustment going back to the gas station. Switching to the Taycan was just natural.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I prefer the styling of the sport but honestly I love the ride height of the cross. I would be lifting my car all the time if I had a Taycan or anything lower than a Taycan. I leave my cross in regular height and it clears almost everything.

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Yup. Actually jumped from a 4S Sedan to the CT4 last week. I got out of a 718 Boxster S before I had the Taycan.

Definitely don't miss the ICE. I had a Model S before my 718, and it was a huge adjustment going back to the gas station. Switching to the Taycan was just natural.
How has the decrease in power from the 4S to the CT4 been for you?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
How has the decrease in power from the 4S to the CT4 been for you?
Barely notice it since I'm not overly aggressive. The instant torque is still there so it "feels" fast (and it is), it's quicker than a RWD Taycan which I tested to see how much I would miss the 4S. It still scares the shit out of my wife when I floor it and makes my 6 year old happy at the same time, so it checks the boxes. Porsche has it at 4.8 seconds 0-60 and I have consistently hit 4.4 or 4.5 on my Performance Box and GPS Performance apps. So in true Porsche fashion, it's quicker than it's claimed speed.

My commute is mostly freeway, so where it matters most to me in passing speed, the car still has a lot of it, and isn't that noticeable to me coming from the 4S.

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
Its it just me or am I only one totally aghast at the price difference between the CT4S & the GTST = £16,720 !!! WHATTTT??
So, what do we get extra over the CT ? Does it get stuff like rear steering included ( nowp ), massage / cooled seats ( nowp ) ....so whats the deal?
I added £18k of extras to my CT4S ( she's here now ) so that makes the GTST £123,000. Wow.
AND for a car that is less flexible and adaptable for ALL conditions ( I did add a winter wheel pack as a later addition upon taking delivery )
After 4 weeks of rural roads UK ownership and a track day at Silverstone, I seriously cant imagine a car more rounded or capable than a CT.
If a more hard edge sports car is required, then a hard riding wagon would drive me insane unless on a super smooth track or mountain pass I guess......but thats a very small percentage of anyones motoring.
Or am I totally wrong? PS- ignore the reg plate - its false Mr Officer :)
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo vs Sport Turismo 582B8E1D-1A94-495E-8CA4-3F03884F3FF3_1_105_c

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo vs Sport Turismo 79ACB911-4CA0-4545-B333-07A9058D035D_1_105_c

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Its it just me or am I only one totally aghast at the price difference between the CT4S & the GTST = £16,720 !!! WHATTTT??
So, what do we get extra over the CT ? Does it get stuff like rear steering included ( nowp ), massage / cooled seats ( nowp ) ....so whats the deal?
I added £18k of extras to my CT4S ( she's here now ) so that makes the GTST £123,000. Wow.
AND for a car that is less flexible and adaptable for ALL conditions ( I did add a winter wheel pack as a later addition upon taking delivery )
After 4 weeks of rural roads UK ownership and a track day at Silverstone, I seriously cant imagine a car more rounded or capable than a CT.
If a more hard edge sports car is required, then a hard riding wagon would drive me insane unless on a super smooth track or mountain pass I guess......but thats a very small percentage of anyones motoring.
582B8E1D-1A94-495E-8CA4-3F03884F3FF3_1_105_c.jpeg

79ACB911-4CA0-4545-B333-07A9058D035D_1_105_c.jpeg
I think if you were to put the options the GTS has as “standard” on the CT4S it’s only a c£6k difference.
But most people wouldn’t bother adding things like PTV+ and racetex headlining. The GTS gets you because you HAVE to take the”upgrades” whereas the 4S you can pick and chose.

Having said that I switched my March CT4S build for the GTS ST….it’s pretty..

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
I think if you were to put the options the GTS has as “standard” on the CT4S it’s only a c£6k difference.
But most people wouldn’t bother adding things like PTV+ and racetex headlining. The GTS gets you because you HAVE to take the”upgrades” whereas the 4S you can pick and chose.

Having said that I switched my March CT4S build for the GTS ST….it’s pretty..
True, I cant deny it is VERY pretty and more power obvs. I tried a racetex wheel, its not a surface feel or a visual I like at all but realise you can de-spec this on the config. Thanks for your feeback, I'm going to build a GTS-ST tonight and see where I get and then order one if not too crazy, suppose I can always sell on if its not what I want I guess. Cheers again

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My configuration on a ST GTS is about £6k more than my CT 4S order (which I am sticking to).

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
I am going from a 4s to a CT 4s as I prefer it to the ST. I feel the rugged looks make sense and add something to a estate car (to add: I am a SUV person). I appreciate the clean look of the ST but for me in silver, with black details (window trim, handles, automated charging door and model) just add a very nice look to the car

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
582B8E1D-1A94-495E-8CA4-3F03884F3FF3_1_105_c.jpeg

79ACB911-4CA0-4545-B333-07A9058D035D_1_105_c.jpeg
Sorry but your comparison is flawed. CT 4S vs ST GTS, right?

- Race-Tex & Leather (same as adding Extended Leather, extra on a CT 4S)
- Sports Design Package (extra on CT 4S)
- Sports Design Side Skirts (extra on CT 4S)
- Matrix Headlights (extra on CT 4S)
- Turbo S Design Wheels (extra on CT 4S)
- PTV+ (extra on CT 4S and useful for snowy conditions)
- Sports Chrono (extra on CT 4S)
- Electric Sport Sound (extra on CT 4S)
- 18 way sport seats (extra on CT 4S)

I'll stop there but these are expensive options and as most of us add Matrix, Extended leather, upgrade the alloys, add Sports Sound, upgrade the seats the differential already tumbles.

No doubt it is more expensive but with that comes a little more exclusivity in an already crowded range.

For me its the fact it has no plastic protrusions spoiling the lines - that's why I waited (now ordered) for the ST and ideally I'd have a 4S version and drop the Sports Design nonsense but there's time yet...

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
What exterior and leather colours are those?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Although I should probably take the time to investigate this question myself, thought I’d throw it out there for those who have already done the deep dive on what the differences are between the Taycan CT and the yet to be released Taycan ST? Height adjustment and a few cladding options aside, they look identical to me?
Not just differences in height adjustment (matching that of the sedan) but also suspension tuning and stifness (again matching that of the sedan) versus the CT which is less stiff and better tuned for road comfort on a variety of road surfaces.
Sponsored