Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Comparing UK standard spec's, there are only these differences (ignoring than power-related & badging):

CT4CT4S
Side window trims in blackSide window trims in silver
Brake calipers in blackBrake calipers in red
19" Taycan Aero wheels19" Taycan S Aero wheels
LED headlightsLED headlights including PDLS Plus
Door Sill Guards in blackDoor Sill Guards in brushed aluminium

The most costly one to option on the CT4 is the PDLS lights at £816.
On the other hand, CT4S buyers such as myself, who want black window trims, have to pay an extra £245.
I also wondered about the window trim black and suspect they are not the nice black gloss finish you pay for on the option. But still black of course.
Sponsored

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
I also wondered about the window trim black and suspect they are not the nice black gloss finish you pay for on the option. But still black of course.
They’re in “satin black”. Of course you could have that on the CT4S, but that would be an upcharge from the gloss ones :rolleyes:

OP
OP

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
I highlight what I wrote here

"unless some of the included-as-standard options change the balance a lot for the individual"

I thought I had made it clear what my comparison was about but sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

FWIW pretty well all the options I want cost more on every model from CT4 to CT Turbo S.
Sure, I was just highlighting that the cost ratio is not just a function of power. Like @whitex mentioned, the cost to car value can only be made by an individual and what the option means to them. Someone might value the chrome trim on the windows of CT4S more than I do as well :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
They’re in “satin black”. Of course you could have that on the CT4S, but that would be an upcharge from the gloss ones :rolleyes:
Managing option changes through production costs money. I remember ordering a 911 a long while back, ordering a package with a bunch of options I wanted, then removing the sunroof which came with the package for an additional $500 cost, even though technically it was an option which by itself costed money (don't remember how much, but it was more than $500).

Last edited:

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
IMO, the real question is what can you do with the extra power? Here in western Washington, I can barely ever need to use the power of my current cars in my daily commute. My driving style doesn't need anything more than what CT4 provides and I don't typically look to go over the speed limits (daily commute involves dropping kids to school and going to work).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
IMO, the real question is what can you do with the extra power? Here in western Washington, I can barely ever need to use the power of my current cars in my daily commute. My driving style doesn't need anything more than what CT4 provides and I don't typically look to go over the speed limits (daily commute involves dropping kids to school and going to work).
Bingo! You should always buy a best suited to your driving style and circumstances. Out of curiosity, have you considered the EQS? From all the reviews it sounds like made for what you describe - a luxury EV for daily commute in traffic, driving passengers around.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Good point. It would be a downgrade for you. And I presume the pana 4s wil be in the same price range than the Taycan 4S? So probably that is the budget you want to spent on your new car. So good choice.

I have always gained some HP with my cars. BMW 525d - 530d - X5 40e - 640d GT - X5 45e. And now a CT 4. So that still gives me some space to upgrade in a couple of years.

I was able to sell my X5 45e for 10k more than the dealer offered me. I sold it for 80% of the price of that I bought it new 2 years ago. Couldn’t let that deal go. But I had to sell it right away. So I did.

Currently I am driving our spare Mazda 3 with 120 hp (0-100 Kmh just below 10 seconds). Probably for 3 months. The difference with the 4CT will be huge! And I am already getting used to the lower seating position compared to the X5.
I've been slowly moving up as well, 2002 VW Golf - 2010 Infiniti G37x - 2018 Alfa Romeo Guilia - 2022 4CT(very soon). I also was getting a ridiculous deal to sell my Alfa, and made a profit on it after buying out the lease, unheard of outside of this bizarro car market. So now I'm driving my dad's old 2003 BMW X3(First model year :CWL:, 175,000 miles) Not as slow as your Mazda, but I can't push that thing, it feels like it's angry with me if I accelerate too quickly. So when my CT arrives it will be QUITE the upgrade.

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
As a CT4S owner, I would say the 4 is more than fast enough. My 4S is much faster than I need :whew:

I didn’t have a sport button on the centre console like the sedan but a gravel mode button. It is always possible to change in PCM.
How does one do this? My CT4S came with the Sport button there (which I want) but it would be great to know how to change it.
Sponsored