Dealing with the front license plate

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
I used a tow hook plate holder on my Audi RS3 and I hope someone eventually builds one for the Taycan that can clear the front parking sensor (not sure if that will be possible). I liked this solution because I could put the plate on when I was doing highway or interstate driving. The only time I was ever pulled over for not having a front plate was by the state patrol while doing highway driving. Never had any issues in the city without the front plate.

ceresma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S90D 2015
Country flag
We also have a front plate requirement in NJ. I just don't put one on! I haven't had one since 2004 and never been bothered

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I just had the dealer install it. Faster and cheaper than having to deal with a ticket.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Move to Ohio! Just passed legislation that eliminates front plate requirement. I love this place!
Other than that whole thing that state cops' only job is writing tickets? :p

I used to live on the border to Ohio and knew all the usual hiding places between Richmond and Dayton, and it was like shooting fish in a barrel right over the Indiana border for them.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
In New York, the biggest risk is parking at a meter in a number of the city downtowns (e.g., NYC, White Plains). We purchased our cars in Connecticut (where they don't require front plates) and we received citations parked on the street within the first two months of ownership while parked at a paid meter. If you park in garages, the risk is significantly lower.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've never been ticketed for not having a front plate despite it being required in WA. Even if I do, it's a non traffic violation and I'll just pay it.

The way I figure, people pay thousands for aesthetic options on a Porsche and I'm willing to keep a grand in the bank to pay for license plate tickets.
Sponsored