Front license plate & camera view problem?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I noticed that months ago, but never ask for an opinion.
Here's the thing.
Front license plate is mandatory in our country and it's not possible to get it in smaller dimensions.
I found out that license plate holder covers part of the camera view (see pics).
Of course it's not a 1st class problem if the view is not all over the screen, but as far as I know, info from this camera are used as an input for auto recup braking... which means that "algorithm" doesn't have all possible info, am I right?
I already noticed that braking started quite late... maybe it's just a (wrong?) feeling, but I'm going to replace holder as soon as I'll find something without that lower part.
Of course, dealer doesn't have anything without their logo :rolleyes:

Porsche Taycan Front license plate & camera view problem? s2

Porsche Taycan Front license plate & camera view problem? t3

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I noticed that months ago, but never ask for an opinion.
Here's the thing.
Front license plate is mandatory in our country and it's not possible to get it in smaller dimensions.
I found out that license plate holder covers part of the camera view (see pics).
Of course it's not a 1st class problem if the view is not all over the screen, but as far as I know, info from this camera are used as an input for auto recup braking... which means that "algorithm" doesn't have all possible info, am I right?
I already noticed that braking started quite late... maybe it's just a (wrong?) feeling, but I'm going to replace holder as soon as I'll find something without that lower part.
Of course, dealer doesn't have anything without their logo :rolleyes:

s2.jpg

t3.jpg
Do you need the holder? If the holder is screwed into the front bumper can you not just screw the plate on?

Porsche Taycan Front license plate & camera view problem? 20220603_132456

OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
According to the dealer, it's not allowed to make a hole on a registration plate and screw it directly.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Velcro pads or turn the holder upside down and paint out the dealer. Ideally source a holder that is just rectangular without the lip.

OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
According to the dealer, it's not allowed to make a hole on a registration plate and screw it directly.
All my BMWs have holes through the plates and screws capped with white, black or yellow plastic caps as appropriate. Of course may be different where you are.

OP
OP
B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
All my BMWs have holes through the plates and screws capped with white, black or yellow plastic caps as appropriate. Of course may be different where you are.
It looks that for some reason, it's not allowed to make any holes in the plates... therefore, we need some frame if we don't want to get a ticket from a police (or having problems on a yearly tech evaluation/vehicle registration)...
The best solution would be without a front registration plate. After all, the front view (of beautiful Taycan lines) is ruined...

btw: I would like to hear some comments to my concerns if such frame might make any harm to recuperation (braking) software because of partly limited front view?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It looks that for some reason, it's not allowed to make any holes in the plates... therefore, we need some frame if we don't want to get a ticket from a police (or having problems on a yearly tech evaluation/vehicle registration)...
The best solution would be without a front registration plate. After all, the front view (of beautiful Taycan lines) is ruined...

btw: I would like to hear some comments to my concerns if such frame might make any harm to recuperation (braking) software because of partly limited front view?
I don't think it would impact it.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61