Delivery Nightmare

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
How come so many cars are damaged during transportation?
I don't think it really is a huge number feye. Whilst I am sure there are people experiencing shipping faults that don't post on forums, forums tend to be full of people posting problems. Dealers have told me in the past that cars do get damaged during shipment.. but not that many and they don't really allow for it in their timings. So - for example - my dealer has told me my car will be ready for Thursday collection this week despite it not even landing with them yet! (I'm not holding my breath!)

@eweber Really hope you get that resolved quickly. Shipping damage problems are very frustrating. Not easy for the dealer either - they will know just how deflating this is for their customers.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I don't think it really is a huge number feye. Whilst I am sure there are people experiencing shipping faults that don't post on forums, forums tend to be full of people posting problems. Dealers have told me in the past that cars do get damaged during shipment.. but not that many and they don't really allow for it in their timings. So - for example - my dealer has told me my car will be ready for Thursday collection this week despite it not even landing with them yet! (I'm not holding my breath!)

@eweber Really hope you get that resolved quickly. Shipping damage problems are very frustrating. Not easy for the dealer either - they will know just how deflating this is for their customers.
Very true, no one wants to let us down, just stuff happens and it's how the dealer deals with the issue. It's all about HONEST communication.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I don't think it really is a huge number feye. Whilst I am sure there are people experiencing shipping faults that don't post on forums, forums tend to be full of people posting problems. Dealers have told me in the past that cars do get damaged during shipment.. but not that many and they don't really allow for it in
Totally agree with you. I was just wondering, why 3 cars have damaged roofs during transportation, but no other problems. It is hard to watch considering how much effort goes into QC at Porsche's new factory to have cars arrive at the dealer damaged...

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
This is my roof. Arrived 6/20/20 from Houston to Tulsa. Shattered roof from hauler.
5942DD48-A624-4FE4-B192-69BBD1638DE9.jpeg

These glass roofs seem to be really fragile! Anyone here reported crack roof from stone chip yet?

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
These glass roofs seem to be really fragile! Anyone here reported crack roof from stone chip yet?
That damage looks like it would've been a pretty big dent on a metal roof. At least with the glass, the dealer can't cover up the damage with a quick respray.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don’t have my car yet, but when I get it my XPEL man is going to put a strip on the forward portion of the glass roof to minimize the chance of rock damage.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Don’t have my car yet, but when I get it my XPEL man is going to put a strip on the forward portion of the glass roof to minimize the chance of rock damage.
How does that work? Will it affect the car aesthetic?