First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Hello, dear time traveller.

Personally, I would have cancelled with an 18,000 year wait before delivery.
I knew the build date which was in April 2022 per the allocation.
It took so long that i did lose the excitement.
I thought about cancelling but I would have to wait 8 months for anything else and I only like this and the Taycan

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hello, dear time traveller.

Personally, I would have cancelled with an 18,000 year wait before delivery.
Audi GT RS seems ions quicker to delivery than Porsche. I put my first deposit down for a Taycan Turbo CT over a year ago, still waiting for an allocation (at multiple dealerships). I know what you're going to say, you would have cancelled with the 100,000 year wait before delivery. ;)

Last edited:

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Wow, what a fantastic colour too! Congrats on the new car :)

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, what a fantastic colour too! Congrats on the new car :)
Thank you. I'm impressed with the color in person
I wanted shark blue or Mexico blue for the Taycan, but Nogaro is just as appealing to me

Reactions: B61

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I got that same color on a taycan, check my avatar
Oh very nice, sorry I didn't see that at first. Now I kind of want to trade up my 2020 for a shot at a PTS slot... not sure I want to wait that long for a car though :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That really is a stunning color. Blue would definitely be my second choice for a car (after owning various colors, all my cars have been white for well over 2 decades now, my wife decided to join the club about a decade ago, on her 3rd white car now). Blue is also the only color I see myself getting red calipers with too. For a white Taycan, white calipers seem like a good fit, though if I was forced to get the ceramics, I would definitely get them in black.

PS> I joke with some friends - all of our cars in the house are white and their brands begin with a "T". A Taycan gets a pass, since "Taycan" begins with a "T" as well, even if "Porsche" does not. That is of course if Porsche figures out how to make me one before I change my mind. Here are our cars today. White Taycan missing of course, due to years long wait times to get one.
Porsche Taycan Deposit placed for RS E-Tron GT 1658123693234

I kid of course. If Audi eTron would had come as a hatchback and a eTron RS GT could be delivered sooner than a Taycan CT Turbo, I would have had one by now, even though no part of it's name begins with T (it would have been white though, for sure). I did actually have a dealer offer me an allocation for an eTron GT RS, I just need a hatchback as it needs to be my only, multi-purpose car since as you can see above, we already have a parking problem. If it cannot easily fit two people plus two Costco carts worth of shopping, I'm not buying it at this stage of my life. The non-hatchback cars are kid's cars, which is what they prefer at their stage of life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That really is a stunning color. Blue would definitely be my second choice for a car (after owning various colors, all my cars have been white for well over 2 decades now, my wife decided to join the club about a decade ago, on her 3rd white car now). Blue is also the only color I see myself getting red calipers with too. For a white Taycan, white calipers seem like a good fit, though if I was forced to get the ceramics, I would definitely get them in black.

PS> I joke with some friends - all of our cars in the house are white and their brands begin with a "T". A Taycan gets a pass, since "Taycan" begins with a "T" as well, even if "Porsche" does not. That is of course if Porsche figures out how to make me one before I change my mind. Here are our cars today. White Taycan missing of course, due to years long wait times to get one.
1658123693234.png

I kid of course. If Audi eTron would had come as a hatchback and a eTron RS GT could be delivered sooner than a Taycan CT Turbo, I would have had one by now, even though no part of it's name begins with T (it would have been white though, for sure). I did actually have a dealer offer me an allocation for an eTron GT RS, I just need a hatchback as it needs to be my only, multi-purpose car since as you can see above, we already have a parking problem. If it cannot easily fit two people plus two Costco carts worth of shopping, I'm not buying it at this stage of my life. The non-hatchback cars are kid's cars, which is what they prefer at their stage of life.
E-Tron GT and Taycan are the same lead times. Taycan produces 4x the amount of cars compared to E-Tron GT.
Not many people are willing to pay that much for an Audi.

The Avant variant will not be the E-Tron GT

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag

1658123693234.png

Username checks out 👍🏻

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
E-Tron GT and Taycan are the same lead times.
I wish eTron GT RS and Taycan CT Turbo were the same lead time. I've had 2 opportunities to buy an eTron GT RS in the last year - one was an inventory car almost a year ago which I would have taken had it been a hatchabck, and one was an open allocation. I've had one opportunity to buy a Taycan CT Turbo, it was a month ago and the build was wat too far off of what I would want to even consider though (it was a cancelled order from one of the dealerships where I am on a waitlist, the person in front of me ordered but backed out - too many esthetics options I don't care about, but not enough functional options I do care about). I have had zero opportunities to order a Taycan CT Turbo in over a year now.

PS> Funny progression. A year ago I might have been willing to pay a slight ADM. Up to about a month ago I would have bought the car at MSRP no questions asked. As I've crossed a year, the MSRP went up, tax credit is likely going away, interest rates are skyrocketing, so now I'm thinking discount. After over a year of waiting for an allocation, I'm now willing to wait few months , or even a year longer, for a discount. Given the way the economy is going, I'm thinking I will get it. Similar thing happened around dot-com crash when I was waiting for a 911 C4 allocation. All the sudden, allocations became available from multiple dealers willing to discount.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Username checks out 👍🏻
Lol, actually note quite. I was waiting to buy a white model X (hence White X), but got bored of waiting, bought a couple of Model S while waiting, by the time Tesla finally released a Model X, I test drove it and didn't like it as much as a Model S, so cancelled my reservation (I did buy 4 Model S instead) but kept the user name since I was using it for a while and got used to it. I hope a similar thing doesn't happen to Taycan, waiting over a year so far, not even an allocation in sight.
Sponsored

Last edited: