Depreciated Value

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
If you specifically told your dealer you were going to lease, and they let you option up a 4S to $163k without telling you about MRM, then they totally dropped the ball.

You should be in contact with your dealer now, because you know you aren't going to accept that car, and you can find out what your options are with that dealer.
Worked everything out with the dealer, I am happy, but still very expensive way to go.

Car being delivered to the Dealer today.
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how well these hold their value in the next 2-3 years when leases come up.

It really just depends on Porsche. If there aren't many changes between model years, particularly in terms of performance, range, and aesthetics, I can imagine them holding onto their value exceptionally well. If Porsche commits to over the air updates to their early models for years to come, this will also help a lot. Part of the reason Tesla's hold onto their value is the incremental changes aren't that drastic, and huge feature gains are typically in the over air technology department that early Model S adopters are still benefitting from. A 2017 used LR Model S on the Tesla website or through a 3rd party is only $10-15k less than a brand new Model S. Even the very first Model S' off the line in 2012-2013 are still holding onto a residual value of 30-40%.

If Porsche makes sweeping changes each model year to drum excitement about a new model, and only updates cars that are a couple of years old, we will see older Taycan models drop in price. It will kill Turbo and Turbo S the most in value if gains come in the performance department.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So out of curiosity I got some trade in quotes from dealerships. My car has 3k miles, 4S.

The best was $24k less than MSRP, the worst was $39k less than MSRP.

Given the $7,500 tax rebate applies only to new cars, I would really think of it as $16,500 off MSRP.

That's not terrible, especially given the current state of things (dealers not looking to add used cars to their lots.) Basically just losing the cost of options.

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So out of curiosity I got some trade in quotes from dealerships. My car has 3k miles, 4S.

The best was $24k less than MSRP, the worst was $39k less than MSRP.

Given the $7,500 tax rebate applies only to new cars, I would really think of it as $16,500 off MSRP.

That's not terrible, especially given the current state of things (dealers not looking to add used cars to their lots.) Basically just losing the cost of options.
Frank - There is both a time and a mileage aspect to depreciation. How long have you owned the 4S for?

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Not sure about anywhere else but in the UK Tayans are and will remain fairly hard to get your hands on (Porsche restricting numbers), plus the delivery timescales are getting longer.

If you can get your hands on a new one before 2021 you also ensure escaping the looming extra 10% import tax that Brexit may introduce.

I personally do not see a Taycan dropping by 50% in three years, "ICE Taycan" maybe but these are new times and modern EV's are holding their own. Owning a "Fast" Porsche has usually come with fairly heavy ownership costs as well, which never helps resale which is not the case with the Taycan.
Hey, I might be wrong but I'm hedging on 70% retained over 3 years.
Sponsored