Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just learned something new today....... The passenger screen is NOT a separate screen from the main PCM screen. In fact, there are TWO versions of the PCM screen in our Taycans - the standard screen in the center of the dashboard that we all know and love, AND a SINGLE, LARGE screen provides both the main PCM screen AND the Passenger screen.

I had never looked closely at my Passenger screen before, and did not realize that cars with a Passenger Screen actually have a different display AND dashboard that accommodates the single, large screen that supports both the center display as well as the Passenger Display. I had mistakenly assumed that the Passenger Screen was a separate screen installed in the car - NOT!

Only reason I know this is that my screen is being replaced since my Passenger screen stopped working. The part has to come from Germany so I am still in a loaner (Autobahn Porsche has been great about this as they gave me a Taycan 4S as a loaner!). They are also having to replace the eSound module and the Communications module to address some drop-out issues on Bluetooth and my eSound intermittently shutting down.

This will warrant a close examination of my car when I get it back. I just never realized that the cars with a Passenger screen, in fact have a single, big screen that functions for both the main PCM screen AND the Passenger Screen.

Learn something new about these cars every day!

Toby
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
doh - learn something new every day!

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
You win the day for surprising fact! I have a passenger screen, which I really love, but nothing I see physically from the cabin clues you into this.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@KensingtonPark
I’m on the fence about adding the passenger screen
Curious as to what features your passenger uses
One issue without it as someone noted is the high gloss look

You win the day for surprising fact! I have a passenger screen, which I really love, but nothing I see physically from the cabin clues you into this.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
@KensingtonPark
I’m on the fence about adding the passenger screen
Curious as to what features your passenger uses
One issue without it as someone noted is the high gloss look
I like it for the passenger. They get to select channels and do so without disrupting the Waze navigation. They also get to see the weather on display and generally explore without disrupting the navigation.

If you don't regularly have a passenger, and/or if your spouse is not the channel tinkerer that mine is, I think it's a little silly. While the weather is nice to look at, it's not like you can't already do that on your phone. The news is terrible/aburd in its selection protocol, and most of the other things that you can do are things that you would only do the first few times you are in the car.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
One thing my wife enjoyed was having the map on In Satellite mode. As we were driving through the mountains it was a great thing to watch.
Sponsored