Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
I hope I can do this! I want to add the passenger screen to my new 2021 tycan 4. I had to take what was coming in ..it has most of what I wanted ,except screen and side mirrors retracting.
Does anyone know if I can get the screen added? Thanks
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
If it can be done, it will be quite a heavy (and likely expensive) lift. A couple of people on the forum have had to have their dashboards disassembled as part of repair work, and the passenger screen is not physically a "second screen" that is added. Rather, it is a single device with two fused screens, meaning that they would also be replacing the center screen. None of this necessarily suggests that it cannot be done, just that it will be a lot more expensive and high effort than you might have imagined. As the owner of a Taycan with a passenger screen, I'd say that it is already overpriced for what the display can do (even by Porsche standards), so I'd be reluctant to tell you it would be worth even more expense than that.

OP
OP

Socks

First Name
Candi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
If it can be done, it will be quite a heavy (and likely expensive) lift. A couple of people on the forum have had to have their dashboards disassembled as part of repair work, and the passenger screen is not physically a "second screen" that is added. Rather, it is a single device with two fused screens, meaning that they would also be replacing the center screen. None of this necessarily suggests that it cannot be done, just that it will be a lot more expensive and high effort than you might have imagined. As the owner of a Taycan with a passenger screen, I'd say that it is already overpriced for what the display can do (even by Porsche standards), so I'd be reluctant to tell you it would be worth even more expense than that.
Thanks…?I already have the car going in the shop..after less than 1 week of having it..someone hit and run..my passenger rear door..