Did you notice that the Porsche Taycan is delivered without Electrically operated steering column?

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
For a car from the premium class and especially if you have seat memory, this should be standard, or am I too spoiled?

You cannot get it as an option and it was present when the car was introduced (I was able to find the latter via YouTube).

When I mentioned it at Porsche they told me this was a CHIP issue.

But does the car now being delivered (after juli 2022) with Electrically operated steering column?
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Unless you change drivers on a regular basis, I don’t think this is a significant issue. Although my car (June ‘23 GTS) does have it, I have not touched the button since I drove out of the showroom!

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Without it does the steering wheel move out of the way …when you get out 😮

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Unless you change drivers on a regular basis, I don’t think this is a significant issue. Although my car (June ‘23 GTS) does have it, I have not touched the button since I drove out of the showroom!
You don't use comfort access as well? Makes getting and out easier. I am very happy that mine, as one of the last still got it (MY 22 RWD).

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
You don't use comfort access as well? Makes getting and out easier. I am very happy that mine, as one of the last still got it (MY 22 RWD).
I have comfort access, but I’m not sure it makes a huge amount of difference - maybe I’ll take more notice when I go out later!

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
I have comfort access, but I’m not sure it makes a huge amount of difference
I find comfort access useless because it only moves some things. For example
It doesn’t change seat height or steering wheel height - if you are very tall the seat is already back and the wheel back too, so it does nothing.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I switched comfort access off, I am 73 only slightly over weight but I don’t need it and it is unpleasant if you have a rear seat passenger.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
GTS models and above.

It used to part of the memory package until a chip shortage saw it removed with 4S and below models no longer getting it.

I have the memory pack and I haven't missed it (as I never had it) and don't have any problem getting into or out of the car (other than old age ;) ). The seat moving backwards is handy.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Also useful to get the steering wheel out of the way for entry/exit of the very same driver.

OP
OP
jvdsanden

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
I have three childeren that also want to use our car...and they are a lot smaller then me. Therefor we took the memory function...

enzo5000

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT, BMW E60 M5, BMW R1250GSA
Country flag
Look at it this way. One less thing to go wrong. Set it and forget it.
Sponsored