ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
Building a GTS - Gentian Blue with black leather interior.

I'm in the SF Bay Area.

I'm waffling on the ventilated seats on my build. I rarely if ever use the seat fan in my SUV.

What do the Bay Area locals think? Necessary or not in the Taycan?
Here in Texas, ventilated seats are a must, especially in the summer. Bay Area, not so sure, didn’t have them on any of my cars when I lived there, though my Porsche back then was a convertible.
Sponsored

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m looking at a GTS and have been waffling between the Race-Tex and leather. I’d prefer the Race-Tex but my understanding is that ventilated and heated seats are not possible with that option. On a different thread a GTS owner swears they have Race-Tex AND ventilated seats. Can you confirm this is an option? On the configurator it specifically notates removing the heated and ventilated seats when switching from leather to Race-Tex. Any help is greatly appreciated
There's two kinds of race-tex. There's the GTS specific race-tex that includes the GTS stitching on the headrests, and there's the race-tex available on all models, which has a different seat design. You cannot get ventilated seats with the GTS specific race-tex, but you can with the non-GTS race-tex. You can get heated seats with either though, and the GTS specific race-tex with heated front seats is standard even.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I vote yes.... What I am surprised is that they compliment road trips / longer stints when you may want to go range mode, dial back Eco (or Eco Plus) on the AC. You turn on the vented seats and you get some range benefits while offsetting the AC on blast (balances). ...I like options.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm in Canada and got them on my GTS. If I was in SF , I'd get them for sure.

Get the massage seats too while you're at it!

Last edited:

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
There's two kinds of race-tex. There's the GTS specific race-tex that includes the GTS stitching on the headrests, and there's the race-tex available on all models, which has a different seat design. You cannot get ventilated seats with the GTS specific race-tex, but you can with the non-GTS race-tex. You can get heated seats with either though, and the GTS specific race-tex with heated front seats is standard even.
Thank you for the details. I’ll look into it

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Building a GTS - Gentian Blue with black leather interior.

I'm in the SF Bay Area.

I'm waffling on the ventilated seats on my build. I rarely if ever use the seat fan in my SUV.

What do the Bay Area locals think? Necessary or not in the Taycan?
Have them, used once and would not re-order.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’m looking at a GTS and have been waffling between the Race-Tex and leather. I’d prefer the Race-Tex but my understanding is that ventilated and heated seats are not possible with that option. On a different thread a GTS owner swears they have Race-Tex AND ventilated seats. Can you confirm this is an option? On the configurator it specifically notates removing the heated and ventilated seats when switching from leather to Race-Tex. Any help is greatly appreciated
I can confirm the ventilation option isn’t available on GTS interior, the seat facings aren’t perforated so it would be pointless, I suppose.
One of the reasons I didn’t choose a GTS was the automatic switch to leather if choosing seat ventilation (or massage seats or comfort seats) I was happy with leather but it took away the main distinguishing feature of a GTS over any other Taycan IMO so in concert with not wanting a stiffer ride I stuck with CT.
I hate beIng hot.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The leather free interior has woven fabric seat facings instead of racetex but racetex bolsters. I assume the seat facings are sufficiently porous for the ventilation to work.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I can confirm the ventilation option isn’t available on GTS interior, the seat facings aren’t perforated so it would be pointless, I suppose.
One of the reasons I didn’t choose a GTS was the automatic switch to leather if choosing seat ventilation (or massage seats or comfort seats) I was happy with leather but it took away the main distinguishing feature of a GTS over any other Taycan IMO so in concert with not wanting a stiffer ride I stuck with CT.
I hate beIng hot.
Thanks for the info Frank. Much appreciated. I’ll go back into the configurator and check it out but I’m assuming if one does not select the GTS interior, which is not an up-charge, that a person then selects the Race-Tex seats elsewhere? I have ventilated/heated seats now and really appreciate them especially the ventilated on a long drive. Keeps the shirt from sticking to the back.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the info Frank. Much appreciated. I’ll go back into the configurator and check it out but I’m assuming if one does not select the GTS interior, which is not an up-charge, that a person then selects the Race-Tex seats elsewhere? I have ventilated/heated seats now and really appreciate them especially the ventilated on a long drive. Keeps the shirt from sticking to the back.
I agree, I hate sitting on a hot seat - one of the reasons I prefer a non-black interior.
The only other interior with racetex in the seats is the leather free option, which allows pretty well all the options I wanted like ventilated, massage comfort seats but not a colour I wanted so I went leather with those 3 options.

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I agree, I hate sitting on a hot seat - one of the reasons I prefer a non-black interior.
The only other interior with racetex in the seats is the leather free option, which allows pretty well all the options I wanted like ventilated, massage comfort seats but not a colour I wanted so I went leather with those 3 options.
Ok great. I’ll check it out. Thanks again!

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
This has been a great discussion, thank you all! I have decided to bite the bullet and get the ventilation. Keep the comments coming.

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Good decision. I did not think much of ventilated seats before, but now use them all the time. Great on hot days and refreshing on any long trip.
Sponsored