daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@rcoday123 - here is the plugshare situatin for Littlerock - green pins on the map are “slow” chargers - it would take several hours to charge an EV at this (like your charger in your home) - 240 volts - they tend to be 30-40 amps - if you plug into one of these while out and about it’s simply so that you charge while shopping or eating - and getting some charge is better than no charge and since the car is parked anyways an not being used you might as well - it doesn’t hurt.

the orange map pins are “fast” chargers and could provide 40% to 80% battery in 20-40 minutes depending on the speed of the charger.

Porsche Taycan Moving from a 911 to a Taycan? 4C3721D0-012C-4819-9A6F-06FF5B8A1231
Sponsored

rcoday123

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@rcoday123 - here is the plugshare situatin for Littlerock - green pins on the map are “slow” chargers - it would take several hours to charge an EV at this (like your charger in your home) - 240 volts - they tend to be 30-40 amps - if you plug into one of these while out and about it’s simply so that you charge while shopping or eating - and getting some charge is better than no charge and since the car is parked anyways an not being used you might as well - it doesn’t hurt.

the orange map pins are “fast” chargers and could provide 40% to 80% battery in 20-40 minutes depending on the speed of the charger.

4C3721D0-012C-4819-9A6F-06FF5B8A1231.png
Thank you

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would just say try them both and then decide what to buy. I drove them both and I prefer TTS above 911 turbo s. It is extremely fast and comfortabel. For track I would take something lighter than the 911 t s for instance 718 gt 4
I would definitely agree that the 911 Turbo S is NOT a track car. It is an incredibly fast GT for the street. It is far faster than any of us need in a track car. You want a light, superb handling, relatively low horsepower car for the track - like the Cayman. You can get to the point of driving the Cayman close to 10/10ths all the way around the track. It would scare the crap out of me to try this with the stock Turbo S. If you really want to go fast, get a Cup Car with the tube frame/roll cage etc.

Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 912, 1995 911, 2000 911, 2001 Boxster, 2002 911 4S, 2014 TurboS, 2015 Huracan, TTS ordered
Country flag
So i have several 911s for various reasons and my plan was to keep my 991 Turbo S when and if I took delivery of my Taycan TUrbo S. I couldn't wait to have an ICE and EV Turbo S side by side since I could never imagine parting with my ICE TS except maybe for a 992 TS like RCorsa. But with Covid and not really going anywhere I could not justify two daily drivers....so I decided not to take delivery of my Taycan TS....until it arrived at the dealer and then the dealer gave the car to me for a day...I drove it and loved it. Decided I am not going anywhere so I will trade in my 991 TS. Haven;t looked back. I drive no other cars...in another thread I talk about the disappointment of driving my Huracan. Its no comparison...instant Torque is unmatched by anything...so my whole collection of cars is pretty much just for show now. With that said....I do miss the sound. Lambo is great in that department. And I don't really like the size of the Taycan....so I am torn....EV is here to stay....but I still love the 911 platform so its likely once things open up again I will follow the footsteps of RCorsa with a 992 TS. Frankly, I am so confused....I am a hardcore combustion guy, but the Taycan is representing the future that is so much better by the numbers. :-(

4STOY

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, F150, 718 GTS 4.0, 911 TTS
Country flag
992 C4S to a Taycan 4S. I don't regret the move but I still long for my 911. Trying to decide if I can do both.

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche 944
Country flag
New to the forum and have a question to anyone whose moved on from a 911 to a Taycan. I’m in my annual winter (& Covid) sequestration when I typically get the itch for a new toy. Currently drive a 2017 Targa 4s and very interested by the Taycan and will be look at a couple of new 4s arrivals at my dealership this weekend. Before I head out, I’d would love to hear from anyone whose done the same and if you’ve had any buyers remorse afterwards! (or the maybe the opposite) I realize that they are two different beasts but its a “Sophies choice” for me, cant have both.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks
Not quite what you asked, but I was in the market for a 911 (was really looking at Carrera Ts), but the day I test drove, ironically a 2017 Targa 4S was the same day I test drove a Taycan 4s. The Taycan 4s, albeit a different one, is in my driveway.

I do also have 1986 944. I drove it again after driving the Taycan, and I am very, very conflicted on what to do do with my 944. I love the quiet of the Taycan; maybe, it is because I am a woman, or maybe it is because I am getting older, but the sound of the 944 is just too much now. Truth, I am waiting to replace the DuraMax and the John Deere with electric as well (I hate how loud the Deere is).

I do keep looking at 911s though thinking "as soon as an electric one comes out...". So, I have no regrets on the Taycan at all. Just not sure what to do with the 944 now.

AhsanU

First Name
Ahsan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GT3
Country flag
I've sold my 991 GT3 in anticipation of getting a Taycan Turbo. The Taycan doesn't hold a candle to the driving thrill and feeling of the GT3, but the GT3 can't carry me and my family in comfort.

I've got no regrets, and hope one day I can own a GT3 again, but the Taycan Turbo is a monster in a different sense. They're two different cars serving two different purposes, and in an ideal garage - I'd have one of each. But having the Taycan, I believe, shouldn't leave me short-changed and wanting more. Time will tell, I suppose.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Interesting to read the different opinions.......everyone has their own.
We all drive in different conditions....and we all enjoy our drive for different reasons.
Outside here today we have 15-20" of snow and there is nothing I'd rather drive every day than the 997II C4S cab with narrow winter fitments. It's still a blast and I'll admit a lot of that is just having a third peddle on the floor :).
The Tay is outfitted for winter but any day I'd rather be in the cab.
Track junky in the summer and I'd take issue with a Turbo/GT2 not being a good track car. On a big track like RA here in the mid-west it's superb. That car is highly modified, but I still see plenty people with almost bone stock cars out there.
To each his one.......and again, to what you're using it for what you're enjoying it for :).
Porsche Taycan Moving from a 911 to a Taycan? Snow Mobile

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
New to the forum and have a question to anyone whose moved on from a 911 to a Taycan. I’m in my annual winter (& Covid) sequestration when I typically get the itch for a new toy. Currently drive a 2017 Targa 4s and very interested by the Taycan and will be look at a couple of new 4s arrivals at my dealership this weekend. Before I head out, I’d would love to hear from anyone whose done the same and if you’ve had any buyers remorse afterwards! (or the maybe the opposite) I realize that they are two different beasts but its a “Sophies choice” for me, cant have both.

I have owned 6 911's over the years, most recently a 991.2 Turbo S Cab. I moved to a Taycan Turbo last year and have been so exceptionally pleased, that I don't think I could ever go back to any ICE car, including a 911. Having said that, I did think I was missing the noise and the smaller car, exceptional handling characteristics of a 911, so I went and test drove a 992 Turbo S this weekend. It is a truly special and beautiful sports car....and really fast and great sounding. BUT....after driving my Taycan for the last year, there is nothing that compares in ride quality, smoothness, acceleration at any speed, peacefulness, and still with amazing handling. And on by the way, it is a gorgeous car that gets far more looks than any 911 does, given how ubiquitous 911's are. So it is truly an individual preference, but I found myself getting out of the new Turbo S 911 and being so relieved to get back into my Taycan and drive off without all the harsh suspension, loud tire noise and general roughness of the 911 as compared to the magic carpet ride of the Taycan.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it’s really really hard to go wrong with either a 911 or a Taycan - but they are different cars - once you go EV however, it’s really really hard to go back to a “lesser” gas car - and 99% of gas cars in the world are “lesser” than most any EV…there are however a few/select gas cars that are equal and different to a well done EV - but EV power and responsiveness will ruin you all but the most rare and expensive gasoline vehicles.

I’m fortunate enough to have both a Taycan and a ‘18 GT3 - so I can pick my poison on a daily basis - but if I had to get rid of one the GT3 would be the one to go cause the Taycan is quick, smooth, and more functional - but it is less raw.

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Hi, I did the transition from a 911 Carrera Sport to a Taycan 4S but I think what helped was I went via a Panamera hybrid sport.

This meant I was used to plugging in, used to four doors and indeed 4 proper seats. Hence the stepping stone helped.

Like others I do miss the sound, fresh air and aggression of the brilliant 911. But when I drive in the Taycan past the MacLaren and Aston garages or pass a Tesla on the road I just laugh. I’m driving the best EV in the world and just loving it.

One day I would still like another 911 as it is a different experience but boy you can enjoy the Taycan.

Make. the change. You wouldn’t regret it.

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum, and I just placed an order for a Taycan 4S.

I have had the luxury of two very different 911 experiences: 1982 911SC, and 2014 991.1 C2S/MT. After much internal debate I decided to let go of the 911SC to make room for the Taycan 4S. I think of the 911SC as setting the standard for steering feel. I chose the rear wheel steering and torque vectoring options for the Taycan, so will be very interested in the new steering feel and feedback. The C2S won't have the acceleration of the Taycan, but with its MT, it will still be a very different experience.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum, and I just placed an order for a Taycan 4S.

I have had the luxury of two very different 911 experiences: 1982 911SC, and 2014 991.1 C2S/MT. After much internal debate I decided to let go of the 911SC to make room for the Taycan 4S. I think of the 911SC as setting the standard for steering feel. I chose the rear wheel steering and torque vectoring options for the Taycan, so will be very interested in the new steering feel and feedback. The C2S won't have the acceleration of the Taycan, but with its MT, it will still be a very different experience.
Please report back on your experience with the Taycan with RWS and PTV+. I have both options and love it how you can eat corners. But I cannot compare it to a 911.

jxobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo S, '19 GT3, '95 911,'17 Macan GTS,
Country flag
So much great info on this thread so far and very interesting to read (and get a little validation for my own choice).

I went 997 Turbo -> 991 TTS -> 991.2 GT3 -> Taycan Turbo S.

I've owned 911s in all forms for 20 years and still have my 993 C2s Cab, which I'll prob never sell. All my friends thought I was CRAZY to trade in my beloved GT3, which I spec'd and waited over a year to arrive. After 2 years in the GT3 and 10k miles later, I just wanted something different (and I got a great offer to sell my GT3 so I took it ;).

I've missed the thought of "owning" my GT3 and certainly, nothing beats that visceral driving experience, but honestly, the Taycan TS is soooo comfy, sooo fast and still soo Porsche, I've surprisingly had zero regrets. It's the Ultimate DD.

** Bonus points for being able to preheat the Taycan, while it's in my garage, from my phone before I drive around in this brutally cold New England weather.
Sponsored