Does Porsche ever really consider customer feedback?

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Basically the title. Just curious to if they listen to customer feedbacks.
Sponsored

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well according to the new software update they do.

But I feel like you have strong opinions on the topic. do share

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Well according to the new software update they do.

But I feel like you have strong opinions on the topic. do share
tbh not really, just really curious tbh. A lot of manufacturers will take customer feedback but never really even take it into consideration. For example, I submitted feedback saying that user profiles should have more options. For example, I should be able to set range mode as the default starting mode when I turn on the vehicle. Recuperation settings should also be memorized in user profiles. Suspension dampening settings should reset to normal after you turn off the vehicle. I guess the dampening one is more debatable but it would be nice to have the setting for it that also ties in with user profiles.

They just emailed me back saying thanks and we will forward it to the right team. Though that could just be an automated email with some dude deleting the email right away.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I expect that they compile such feedback into a database and then aggregate total responses before prioritizing actionable items. Certainly what I do in my company.
Very hard to make Engineering Design Changes based on a single-datapoint-feedback.

All good suggestions though imo

Deleted member 7736

You need to understand that certain things with regard to profiles are the way they are because of government regulations. In the US (I'm sure it's the same in other regions but I don't know the comparable terms) the EPA certifies every car for fuel economy (ICE) or range (EV) and emissions (ICE). Those certifications are based on whatever the manufacturer claims is the baseline or "default" drive mode setting. In order for that to be considered the default, the car has to start up in that mode every single time. I would love to be able to start the car in sport mode every time, but that's not going to happen no matter how many people provide that feedback.

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You need to understand that certain things with regard to profiles are the way they are because of government regulations. In the US (I'm sure it's the same in other regions but I don't know the comparable terms) the EPA certifies every car for fuel economy (ICE) or range (EV) and emissions (ICE). Those certifications are based on whatever the manufacturer claims is the baseline or "default" drive mode setting. In order for that to be considered the default, the car has to start up in that mode every single time. I would love to be able to start the car in sport mode every time, but that's not going to happen no matter how many people provide that feedback.
Oh interesting, I did not know that. Though the dampening setting reset to normal after you shut down the car shouldn't have anything to do with legality. I wonder if recuperation is factored into that equation then and that is why they won't save the settings.

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I expect that they compile such feedback into a database and then aggregate total responses before prioritizing actionable items. Certainly what I do in my company.
Very hard to make Engineering Design Changes based on a single-datapoint-feedback.

All good suggestions though imo
I did not think of that. I work in an industry where I have limited clientele and instead of getting many emails I sort out, I get yelled at by a few people to fix right away.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd be shocked if they hadn't considered the PCM feedback in their latest updates. I know I gave that feedback specifically for each of the various Porsche and initial quality questionnaires sent my way.

Deleted member 7736

Oh interesting, I did not know that. Though the dampening setting reset to normal after you shut down the car shouldn't have anything to do with legality. I wonder if recuperation is factored into that equation then and that is why they won't save the settings.
I'm sure the recuperation setting is because of this regulation. I wouldn't be surprised (knowing our government) if they're just lazy enough to have said "you can't allow users to reconfigure anything about the default setting" to avoid having to deal with a million one-off requests from manufacturers on what is and is not allowable.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not think of that. I work in an industry where I have limited clientele and instead of getting many emails I sort out, I get yelled at by a few people to fix right away.
That's fair.
I run an engineering/manufacturing company that ship around 500,000 products per year across multiple product platforms, so we have a whole process for ECNs (Engineering Change Notices). We take multiple inputs to that process: end-user feedback, distributor feedback, production yield data, warranty data, service data, etc.

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
That's fair.
I run an engineering/manufacturing company that ship around 500,000 products per year across multiple product platforms, so we have a whole process for ECNs (Engineering Change Notices). We take multiple inputs to that process: end-user feedback, distributor feedback, production yield data, warranty data, service data, etc.
I see. That would make a lot of sense. I work in commercial real estate, so I am either doing my own deals or getting addressing concerns for my own clients or having my agents complain so I never really thought of the way manufacturing handles feedback because there are fewer people I have to deal with so everything has to be personalized.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
That’s the same boat I’m in! My company ships a low volume of units per year (that are large and somewhat bespoke though).

But even then, I sometimes get different customers telling me the exact opposite thing about the exact same operation.

The only thing anyone can agree on is that I did it wrong. 🤣

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I work at a large tech company that makes search engines. SOP is to collect feedback, then toss it all out because it’s subjective and not data driven. It takes active effort to triage feedback and act on it to improve the actual product. Then you watch contemporaries launch hot garbage, move some numbers, demonstrate “impact”, and get promoted for it.

Data-driven product design really is a revolutionary process.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I imagine they take trend analysis from customer feedback and build that into their product development and comms strategies. I don't think you'll ever get feedback as an individual customer. They are part of the VAG of companies so unlikely customer feedback doesn't feature in their business plan or culture.

That's my professional corporate view. Don't imagine I'm to far off.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Basically the title. Just curious to if they listen to customer feedbacks.
I would suggest they do listen to customer feedback, but not in the time frame you expect or with responses that are direct - rather they incrementally improve their products on a relentless time scale and work to minimize feedback…their products get better over time like fine wine aging, but rarely in direct quid-pro-quo fashion.
Sponsored