DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Yes, I suppose I was a bit harsh on crayon as it is extremely popular and colours are very subjective. I chose the club leather quite simply because I want to feel cocooned in a classic vehicle, a little old-fashioned, maybe, but, with the 18 way seats, life feels very good (ok and traditional).
We all know the car drives like nothing else so the slight downside of range anxiety just has to be managed
A few members who did not spec rear axle steering have questioned the need. To me the car feels like a go-cart at slow speeds, quite amazing for a fairly big lump.
The bonus of Dolomite, of course, is considerably longer time between cleaning. The dark colours look dirty one day after a clean.
Very nice car! I am also thinking about ordering dolomite with the black finish. Do you have rear axle steering? Or is the feeling you have without RAS and you are happy without it? I'm still in doubt if I should order it. I have it on my X5 but I did a test-drive with a CT 4S last week that didn't have it and it was ok. Didn't do any parking lots etc.
Sponsored

Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
Very nice car! I am also thinking about ordering dolomite with the black finish. Do you have rear axle steering? Or is the feeling you have without RAS and you are happy without it? I'm still in doubt if I should order it. I have it on my X5 but I did a test-drive with a CT 4S last week that didn't have it and it was ok. Didn't do any parking lots etc.
Thank you, McgR
That's what I mean about like a go cart. Yes, I have rear-axle steering. I can't say what the difference is in real terms, only what it feels like. To me, the sensation is of turning on the spot. I realise that it is not, of course, but I can tell you that the turning circle is less than my C200 coupe and considerably less than the x5 I had for many years. It makes manoeuvring extremely easy. RAS is worth every cent, I say, and the first thing I specified actually.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
Collected last friday too. Best car ever owned !

C908B632-7C5A-4E9A-BF2E-BC5AE263E753.jpeg

1BD91AD3-9AE6-497A-9256-AEEF67B69593.jpeg

7A293123-1CD7-4A16-BA74-BA4DA28D8F98.jpeg

6D8DE873-169F-43DD-B3F4-49528828013D.jpeg
I LOVE your car spec. Mine is very similar :) After (MANY) back and forth on the configuration finally decided on this same wheel set and colour - it was my first choice, cut back due to cost to the 20"s and decided to bite the bulltet anyway and go for the ones I love. Also chose the same grey inlays as you. Do you regret the inlays? I've not seen in person so would welcome your view. I did not spec the offroad package. I've not seen a pic of a silver with 21"s in grey and no offroad package yet but think it will look nice and clean.

@all - would welcome pics if anyone has it :)

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I LOVE your car spec. Mine is very similar :) After (MANY) back and forth on the configuration finally decided on this same wheel set and colour - it was my first choice, cut back due to cost to the 20"s and decided to bite the bulltet anyway and go for the ones I love. Also chose the same grey inlays as you. Do you regret the inlays? I've not seen in person so would welcome your view. I did not spec the offroad package. I've not seen a pic of a silver with 21"s in grey and no offroad package yet but think it will look nice and clean.

@all - would welcome pics if anyone has it :)
It is difficult to see. The Vesuvius inlays look really dark grey on the configurator IRL they look lighter. It looks they are closer to Dolomite silver than the silver inlays that come as standard. I thought I was sure about the gloss black. But I am not anymore. Vesuvius inlays and wheel look fantastic. But I will stay with the Taycan S design wheels.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
It is difficult to see. The Vesuvius inlays look really dark grey on the configurator IRL they look lighter. It looks they are closer to Dolomite silver than the silver inlays that come as standard. I thought I was sure about the gloss black. But I am not anymore. Vesuvius inlays and wheel look fantastic. But I will stay with the Taycan S design wheels.
You can see the vesuvius on this video quite well

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am simply amazed at how many people have an obviously superior taste and pick Dolomite Silver as their color choice. :cool:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I am thinking to ask the dealer to paint my wheel arches. He will order the gloss black taycan S ones and paint them in dolomite silver. Still going back and forth and did some fotoshop. I also configured a silver dolomite ST GTS but it look different. I think its looks better with wheel arches. Still have a couple of weeks to decide what to do. I order surround view and that includes extra sensors around the car (one in the front wheel arch and one in the rear bumper). I presume they are able to paint the one in the front wheel arch. Or it will have a Marylin Monroe beauty spot (not acceptable) And for now I think I am going with vesuvius inlays.

Probably first have a look when its at the dealer and decide aftewards. I looked at the pictures in this thread so much I am starting to think I will keep it like it is.
Porsche Taycan DOLOMITE SILVER Taycan Club Schermafbeelding 2021-12-04 om 17.35.41

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Looks fantastic!...... love Dolomite.......
But........ you drilled into your bumper??! ?
Lol ?
Hah I try not to look at that.

When my wife got back with the car like this I almost had an apoplectic fit.

On a totally unrelated note I've started listening to soothing zen sounds on my ear buds quite a lot, dunno why.