Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
It’s clear from the options list there is a key fob for the Taycan but has anyone heard if it’s only a fob for entering and locking the vehicle? No app or other option?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It’s clear from the options list there is a key fob for the Taycan but has anyone heard if it’s only a fob for entering and locking the vehicle? No app or other option?
There's the app Porsche Connect so I assume the Taycan is also included...
Including preheating/cooling, charging schedules, status etc.

Porsche Taycan Door entry and locking Screenshot_20190927-190917

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
or just the final drop of lots of perceived disapointments

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's the option "Porsche Entry & Drive"...but then again, I wouldn't let a fantastic car go if that wasn't on it (which would be wierd on today's standards anyway).
I've heard more excuses but main reason it's the overall price so finding excuses like this is kinda....well...you know.
But sure, if you need a 5 person car, that fifth backseat may be a valuable reason yes...
It's like not buying an F40 cuz it doesn't have cupholders.
Anyway, it's kinda personal so I'm sorry if I offend someone, somehow, somewhere. ;)
I hope you get my drift.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
If you ask me I certainly got your drift!:like:

Reactions: Dee

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
What??
That's your only requirement on looking for a car?
\\\what flex said..

i knew the car would be expensive compared to a model 3 or model s, so i prepped for that, the range was/ is a big bummer.
now, if I have to pull my key or phone out of my pocket it will pretty much such balls. physical keys should only be used for back up and or opening the truck / frunk.

no more pulling out keys in 2020.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
\\\what flex said..

i knew the car would be expensive compared to a model 3 or model s, so i prepped for that, the range was/ is a big bummer.
now, if I have to pull my key or phone out of my pocket it will pretty much such balls. physical keys should only be used for back up and or opening the truck / frunk.

Hmm Taycan has comfort access.. you can keep your Key in your pocket..

OP
OP
Bikergal

Bikergal

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 Boxster S, 2014 Cayenne
Country flag
I have not seen Entry and Drive on the standard features or options so far, one reason for asking. I”m in the market for the 4S so waiting....waiting...

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
I have not seen Entry and Drive on the standard features or options so far, one reason for asking. I”m in the market for the 4S so waiting....waiting...
From Porsche UK configurator
Porsche Taycan Door entry and locking Screenshot_20190930-172444_Samsung Internet

But not found in the US configurator:(

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
\\\what flex said..

This is the type of thing that is leading to (a) problems with locking/unlocking cars and getting some cars started, and (b) hacking/stealing cars with such lax security.
Tesla has had problems with keyless entry and starting of cars.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/keyless-entry-using-iphone-issues.127386/
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...wners-locked-out-of-cars-thanks-to-app-outage
https://www.wired.com/story/hackers-steal-tesla-model-s-seconds-key-fob/

Personally, I prefer normal key fobs in which I have to press a fob button to open and close car doors, and insert to start the car to drive. In my Panamera without keyless entry but with keyless ignition, I've often left the key in the car by mistake in my garage (where I don't lock my cars). Of course, I'd also prefer knobs and buttons for basic climate and audio controls -- not at all happy about that stuff going into the computer screen only (and, no, voice control is not the answer).

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This is the type of thing that is leading to (a) problems with locking/unlocking cars and getting some cars started, and (b) hacking/stealing cars with such lax security.
Tesla has had problems with keyless entry and starting of cars.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/keyless-entry-using-iphone-issues.127386/
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme...wners-locked-out-of-cars-thanks-to-app-outage
https://www.wired.com/story/hackers-steal-tesla-model-s-seconds-key-fob/

Personally, I prefer normal key fobs in which I have to press a fob button to open and close car doors, and insert to start the car to drive. In my Panamera without keyless entry but with keyless ignition, I've often left the key in the car by mistake in my garage (where I don't lock my cars). Of course, I'd also prefer knobs and buttons for basic climate and audio controls -- not at all happy about that stuff going into the computer screen only (and, no, voice control is not the answer).
Fob keys are no different.
With some amplification it can unlock and start a car, no problem.
You have to hide your key fob in a metal bag to prevent this.
But still, it's a remote RF signal and therefore traceable...

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fob keys are no different.
With some amplification it can unlock and start a car, no problem.
You have to hide your key fob in a metal bag to prevent this.
But still, it's a remote RF signal and therefore traceable...
I don’t know about the Porsche fob, but it’s entirely possible to avoid the amplification / relay attacks. You don’t measure signal strength but instead time to compute a secret based on a public key encryption pair shared with the fob.

measuring signal strength is amateur hour. Tesla’s key cards do that because they are cheap and they want to work with a variety of cheap phones interchangeably
Sponsored