Door handles issues?

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
So wait. Your door handles pop out? One of the reasons I didn’t go for the Plaid refresh was the stupid handles. Tesla’s market cap has been helped in large part due to how many handles I’ve had to replace :angry:

Any similar issues with your handles? Haven’t had a chance to check the car out in person yet.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
So wait. Your door handles pop out? One of the reasons I didn’t go for the Plaid refresh was the stupid handles. Tesla’s market cap has been helped in large part due to how many handles I’ve had to replace :angry:

Any similar issues with your handles? Haven’t had a chance to check the car out in person yet.
You should not expect to have issues with door handles failing on the Taycan.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Thanks. It’s actually been a real pain, so not exaggerating that it’s a reason I’m avoiding another S. Every time it creaks open I’m afraid it’s going to crap out

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks. It’s actually been a real pain, so not exaggerating that it’s a reason I’m avoiding another S. Every time it creaks open I’m afraid it’s going to crap out
I’ve had 4 Model S’s, only one failed door handle, which failed after warranty. It costed be ~$2 in parts to fix, plus a couple hours of my time. My Taycan came with faulty door handles from the factory (there is even a Porsche bulletin about it, so I'm not the only one, search this forum for more info), getting them replaced now under warranty (waited till now as the issue only manifests itself when the outside temperatures are lower).

This is just anecdotal, just me and my 5 cars, with Taycan having a 1/5 representation. It doesn’t mean anything. All cars have issues and as long a they are fixed, such is life. Tesla’s latest generation Model S handles (2020+) are supposedly pretty reliable, the oldest ones had the highest rate of failures. I had 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018. Only 2015 failed.

Not regretting either the Model S or the Taycan purchases.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
My taycan is 2.5 years old, never had an issue with the door handles, prior to that I had 3 teslas, never had any door issues with those cars.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I’ve gone through each handle once, and a few of the replaced ones a second time…..so 6/7 I’ve lost count. Last one during pandemic, mobile fixed one rear, put it in incorrectly, blowing some fuse that messed up the second rear, and had to wait 7 months. So yeah, everyone’s different, but whenever I hear pop out handles as a “feature” I cringe. Thanks for the info

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag

3 months with a 2022 model and no issues with handles or comfort access. Maybe 2 times out of hundreds of entries the car didn’t read my key or something and I just put my hand under the handle and it opened. Not a big deal to me.

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
2.5 years and no issues on a 4s

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
What about freezing condition? My Ipace pop up were terrible when below zero…

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I’ve gone through each handle once, and a few of the replaced ones a second time…..so 6/7 I’ve lost count. Last one during pandemic, mobile fixed one rear, put it in incorrectly, blowing some fuse that messed up the second rear, and had to wait 7 months. So yeah, everyone’s different, but whenever I hear pop out handles as a “feature” I cringe. Thanks for the info
If you want to hear stories about Taycans waiting months for parts, lookup Taycan heater or battery failures. Like I said before, every car has issues, and every manufacturer had major parts shortages during the pandemic, resulting in some horror stories. I don't think you will find a car for which you will not find at least some horror stories on the internet, especially during the pandemic.

OP
OP

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Agreed. But it was annoying as it was caused by their tech at such a dire time. But I doubt any of you have gone through 6-7 heaters no matter how bad. This is a problematic area of the car, which they claim to have improved…I don’t buy it. So like I said, just a bit wary of these kind of gimmicks. Thanks for all the input…clearly no need to worry with the Taycan
Sponsored