Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I still wonder what the difference in Sport Sound is with a Taycan GTS in Sport Plus?
I can't hear any difference.
My '20 Turbo S is pretty loud in Sport Plus so....
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Was interested to see the review but found the bloke's presentation style too irritating to watch much of it :(
The main thing that grates is the flood of identikit car reviews.

Porsche release a press car on the same day at the same location.

All YouTubers then get their invite to the same location, use the same car, driven on the same nearby roads with the same weather conditions - then draw the same conclusion while listing off the same specs.

It's becoming a bit tedious.

Doug did the very same thing only he waited one month before posting his review while all the other YouTubers posted their review (on that same day) within 1-2 days of the press car being available.

Borefest.

Last edited:

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
The main thing that grates is the flood of identikit car reviews.

Porsche release a press car on the same day at the same location.

All YouTubers then get their invite to the same location, use the same car, driven on the same nearby roads with the same weather conditions - then draw the same conclusion while listing off the same specs.

It's becoming a bit tedious.

Doug did the very same thing only he waited one month before posting his review while all the other YouTubers posted their review (on that same day) within 1-2 days of the press car being available.

Borefest.
They've all been like this forever, and seem to be making fortunes from it. Hey ho.

I guess Doug (and his style has been consistent from the outset) posted later to snaffle those thinking it would be something new :)

I think Steve Sutcliffe's has been the best thus far. He just seems to get absorbed in the driving of the thing, and when he remembers it's a video can't come up with much more than how good it is. I got the impression he'd buy one.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Was interested to see the review but found the bloke's presentation style too irritating to watch much of it :(
Are you familiar with Shmee150?
Talking about "annoying"...
In that light Doug is a warm summer breeze. ?
On a footnote: Doug's very well informed and goes into details much more often than other reviewers.
I think he's ok.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They've all been like this forever, and seem to be making fortunes from it. Hey ho.

I guess Doug (and his style has been consistent from the outset) posted later to snaffle those thinking it would be something new :)

I think Steve Sutcliffe's has been the best thus far. He just seems to get absorbed in the driving of the thing, and when he remembers it's a video can't come up with much more than how good it is. I got the impression he'd buy one.
Precisely, that is what Doug was doing, so they're at least aware of the tediuous content they are pushing. See the identical review in The Smoking Tire, Out of Spec Reviews, Redline Reviews, Raiti's Rides. All that differs is the human being.

I did like Steve Sutcliffe's review of the GTS ST, though as someone sceptical of even the ant mound in my garden, I still came away with the feeling he was hamming it up for some kind of Porsche favour. Yes, the car (4S CT I have driven, GTS Sedan I am test driving on the 7th) is incredible.

But Steve was almost in dewy-eyed ecstasy at points in his video. It's a car FFS, not a Miami swimwear model.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you familiar with Shmee150?
Talking about "annoying"...
In that light Doug is a warm summer breeze. ?
On a footnote: Doug's very well informed and goes into details much more often than other reviewers.
I think he's ok.
Shmee is well known, and comes across as likeable, but I get why some might find his perma-grin and childlike enthusiasm/energy annoying.

He is entertaining only because of his charisma, however, the content is same formula of buying another supercar, taking it on a tour; buying another supercar, taking it on a tour; buying another supercar, taking it on a tour.

I guess from his appearance, accent and dress sense, he's from inherited and well-heeled money. Nothing wrong with that, but it does make it easy to always have a big grin on your face, which might put people off since the world is never that perfect.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
That is something I mentioned almost 2 years ago. Presentation needs A LOT of work. Sucks....

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Shmee is well known, and comes across as likeable, but I get why some might find his perma-grin and childlike enthusiasm/energy annoying.

I guess from his appearance, accent and dress sense, he's from inherited and well-heeled money. Nothing wrong with that, but it does make it easy to always have a big grin on your face, which might put people off since the world is never that perfect.
I met him - I dislike him. Arrogant and annoying. Attitude is junk.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Watched it and was amazed he hadn’t checked his facts before stating the 0-60 time was 3.2 seconds. He mentions 4S is 3.8 seconds which is correct and Turbo is 3 seconds which is also correct…but GTS is 3.5 seconds not 3.2 seconds.
I was intrigued by this, because he specifically said “Porsche told me”

none of the quoted numbers from Porsche on their website are accurate, the car overperforms by at least a factor of .2 to .4 seconds.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
none of the quoted numbers from Porsche on their website are accurate, the car overperforms by at least a factor of .2 to .4 seconds.
Yes, that's so annoying.
I wrote a letter to them.
This is so not right. ??
Sponsored