Dream Build 2023 Starts Here: GTS ST Allocation

Scoutiipippen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 C2S, 2019 Cayenne E Hybrid, GTS ST
Country flag
Hi all, first time on this forum and the content looks great. I originally posted this on Rennlist, but looking forward to getting new perspectives and experiences.

Some of the coolest threads that I've read started at the beginning of a process. I guess this will be mine. I am located in Los Angeles. As some of you know, Southern California, primarily Los Angeles was a very unique and difficult place to be during Covid. I work in logistics so I saw first hand the craziness with supply chain. My story began 2 years ago when I first saw the Audi RS6 and fell in love with sport wagons. Little did I know that I was going to go down a long and difficult road over the last 24 months just to get an allocation, just not with Audi. It was unbelievable what dealerships were doing out here....marking up new European cars for $20-100k upcharge off MSRP for high performance vehicles. The frenzy was crazy here in So Cal. Mark ups were even in closer states like Nevada and AZ because they knew LA people would drive out there. In the end, I put a down payment on a car that had zero allocation a year ago to an Audi dealership in Atlanta. Luckily for me, they never came through on their allocations.

Along the way I ended up picking up a couple toys that introduced me to the build quality of Porsche. I used to be an all American type of guy (that includes Tesla as I've had 2 model S p100d's and 1 model x 100d). One day I was on Bring a Trailer and saw a mint, low mile, original 2005 silver 997.1. I bid on it...and won! When this 18 year old car came back to me I was amazed at the quality of the interior and finish all around. If Porsche can last 17 years and look brand spanking new...then what was I missing out on? I ended up selling my Tesla Model x (mainly because my kids would get sick from the instant torque and after cleaning up vomit a couple of times, i decided to switch). I ended up purchasing a 2019 Porsche Cayenne e hybrid and was blown away at the ride quality, speed and power, and just plain sensibleness of the mpg. This was 4 months ago. I still love the Audi rs6, but Porsche just started to take over my lust! Last week, a local dealer posted a black on black CT 4 Turismo and remembered that my love for a wagon was always there. I had never seen one before so I went to check it out. The drive blew me away, and the Porsche electric sound gave me the visceral feedback I missed, but knowing it was electric made me feel great as I have a long commute. win >win>win.

I was ready to make a deal and buy it on the spot. But here's where the games started. I walked out 2 times from the dealer because they wanted to mark it up $10k. I said to them that in this market with inflation who is going to pay this and its also the reason why we have inflation in this economy. California dealers really get a bad name for being greedy and not focusing on relationships. I sent there again, and they dropped it $1000. Frustrated, I went home the second time and found this forum. At first it was for advice to trade my Cayenne e hybrid, but that dealership low balled me. luckily I found an angel on the forum : @ssim (Can't thank you enough!!!) post and I PM'd him. He connected me same evening and connected me with his dealer in the east coast that doesn't play the mark up game. I was given the allocation the very next day, and with @ssim and his dealer I said f%$k it and built my dream build. Car should be on the line hopefully late March , early April, then make its way via cargo ship to PEC Los Angeles.

I definitely don't mind waiting. I makes the anticipation and yearning that much sweeter. Looking forward to updating you all with pics as the journey unfolds.

P.S. Here is my build https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP3LPHA4
Porsche Taycan Dream Build 2023 Starts Here: GTS ST Allocation vIz2Dkt%25X3sjnLwKAaXPVKeP3fCwcUACvWdTIrM8mak6X%25

Porsche Taycan Dream Build 2023 Starts Here: GTS ST Allocation Ighbco%25x3lA0nHW1TG8KA6ZGi60XzTvD8zhp4NbOwjSKxJAl

Porsche Taycan Dream Build 2023 Starts Here: GTS ST Allocation Ighbco%25x3lA0nHW1TG8KA6ZGi60XzTvD8zhp4NbOwjSKxJAl

Last edited:

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Congrats!,

I have a very similar build in progress as well, hoping for a late March delivery. I locked at the end of January. I have a Chalk Panamera Sport Turismo with black handles and all accent trim similar to your GTS build currently and absolutely love the look.

I wanted to switch up colors with the new car, but would have gone with Chalk again as well without regret.

The wait for the freeze is where the craziness resides, I added about 10K in options in this period for my dream build with the YOLO and FOMO theories.

I really love the Sport Turismo body style and can't get it without it being a GTS as you certainly know, so I did option out many of the GTS specific elements to suit my preference, and am happy with the amalgamation.

PDCC, VLC and PSCB's were what I basically added to the build in the end.
All three are not must have's for sure, but as they say . . .

Your build looks great and does not need anything at all and I can from personal experience vouch for the Chalk with lots of black accents as an amazing look.

here is my build for reference : https://configurator.porsche.com/en...1NV.Z3C.9VL.P4F.P6V.QW.R7&loadedFrom=PPCIE989

Reactions: B61

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Luckily I found @ssim (Can't thank you enough!!!) post and I PM'd him. He connected me same evening and connected me with his dealer in the east coast that doesn't play the mark up game. I was given the allocation the very next day, and with @ssim and his dealer I said f%$k it and built my dream build. Car should be on the line hopefully late March , early April, then make its way via cargo ship to PEC Los Angeles.

Ighbco%25x3lA0nHW1TG8KA6ZGi60XzTvD8zhp4NbOwjSKxJAl.jpg
Welcome to TaycanForum!

Congratulations again on the allocation -- I'm just glad my SA had a slot to accommodate you...it was meant to be! :rock:

OP
OP

Scoutiipippen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats!,

I have a very similar build in progress as well, hoping for a late March delivery. I locked at the end of January. I have a Chalk Panamera Sport Turismo with black handles and all accent trim similar to your GTS build currently and absolutely love the look.

I wanted to switch up colors with the new car, but would have gone with Chalk again as well without regret.

The wait for the freeze is where the craziness resides, I added about 10K in options in this period for my dream build with the YOLO and FOMO theories.

I really love the Sport Turismo body style and can't get it without it being a GTS as you certainly know, so I did option out many of the GTS specific elements to suit my preference, and am happy with the amalgamation.

PDCC, VLC and PSCB's were what I basically added to the build in the end.
All three are not must have's for sure, but as they say . . .

Your build looks great and does not need anything at all and I can from personal experience vouch for the Chalk with lots of black accents as an amazing look.

here is my build for reference : https://configurator.porsche.com/en...1NV.Z3C.9VL.P4F.P6V.QW.R7&loadedFrom=PPCIE989
Thank you so much for the response. I was on the fence on blacking out doorhandles...then when I did that I had to do side view mirrors and rear wipers in gloss black. It's the little things that stick out about people's personality. I originally was drawn to CRoss Turismo due to function and offroading aspect...but then I have a Cayenne right? Then like you said YOLO! I decided to go all in for what I wanted.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Welcome to the forum.
That's a great looking car and it sounds like it was meant to be. You'll be very happy with the end result. On a sad note, my CT4S was clipped in a parking lot yesterday. Did about a $1k in damage. The CT plastic ferring took the brunt of the blow and saved me from a lot more body damage. So frustrating you have to park 8 miles away from everything to try and avoid all the knuckleheads.
Porsche Taycan Dream Build 2023 Starts Here: GTS ST Allocation 20230207_155755

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
What a story @Scoutiipippen and you came to the right place and I second hundred times over that @ssim is an amazing person and many other active members who chimed in on a lot of my questions. I see no reason to go over MSRP on custom builds. I am waiting on my Ice Grey to arrive in April with TYD live now.

I just reviewed your build, oops, by mistake I reviewed @nischalr build by mistake but will keep my notes as written below:

I can see a lot of things I went with because they look certain way on the configurator but then I backed out of them after seeing things in person or seeing good images on this forum.

- Neptune: Have you seen this color in real life. It has many variations under natural light conditions so do not want you to regret it since its intended glow was not matching the real life for me. I changed my choice to 3rd choice of Ice Grey but otherwise would have gone with the 2nd choice of Chalk but I already have a 2020 Cayenne in Chalk.

- VLC Roof: Are you sure about this one. I also had that optioned and when I saw it in real life, it did not block the sun and just clouded it a little. Then the GTS example had it broken (one panel would not turn off) and my SA strongly cautioned against it. Does limited function and a chance/risk of a major headache like this with such a new feature worth it to you?

- Dashcam Prep: Not expensive but are you sure about this one. I had it added and deleted it at the last minute since my SA told me it is not a plug and play and it will take hours for them to get to the wire and then attach it to the OEM cam. I do not have any evidence that this is the way it is but I went with my SAs recommendation.

- Interior Upgrades: I have the same interior color combo with Chalk seatbelts. Are you sure about Aluminum Rhombus trim. I added that originally but then when I saw pictures on the forum of it with this interior, I backed out, as it looked too bright and disrupted the nice contrast of the chalk leather lines on the doors. Also, B-Pillar in RaceTex was my original before I saw pictures and I did not like how it was executed around the sharp edge and switched to B-Pillars in leather which requires door sills to be leather. One other thing I am not sure about for the GTS if GTS logo is imprinted on the headrests with this Leather interior as standard no cost option. The reason I am calling this out is that you are adding Crests to the Headrests for a cost.

- No Night Vision: Are you sure about this one. You are not driving at night where people walk when it is dark and animals do not stand in the middle of the road or cross the road before you can react? This feature already paid for itself many times over for us on the Cayenne since the detection is beyond the visible headlight beams and reaction is many times of a human.

- 150kW/400V DC: I kept it but lots of good discussion that this is useless and adds like 45lbs.

Last edited:

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
What a story @Scoutiipippen and you came to the right place and I second hundred times over that @ssim is an amazing person and many other active members who chimed in on a lot of my questions. I see no reason to go over MSRP on custom builds. I am waiting on my Ice Grey to arrive in April with TYD live now.

I just reviewed your build, oops, by mistake I reviewed @nischalr build but mistake but will keep my notes as written below:

I can see a lot of things I went with because they look certain way on the configurator but then I backed out of them after seeing things in person or seeing good images on this forum.

- Neptune: Have you seen this color in real life. It has many variations under natural light conditions so do not want you to regret it since its intended glow was not matching the real life for me. I changed my choice to 3rd choice of Ice Grey but otherwise would have gone with the 2nd choice of Chalk but I already have a 2020 Cayenne in Chalk.

- VLC Roof: Are you sure about this one. I also had that optioned and when I saw it in real life, it did not block the sun and just clouded it a little. Then the GTS example had it broken (one panel would not turn off) and my SA strongly cautioned against it. Does limited function and a chanve of a major headache like this with such a new feature worth it to you?

- Dashcam Prep: Not expensive but are you sure about this one. I had it added and deleted it at the last minute since my SA told me it is not a plug and play and it will take hours for them to get to the wire and install it. I do not have any evidence that this is the way it is but I went with my SAs recommendation.

- Interior Upgrades: I have the same interior color combo with Chalk seatbelts. Are you sure about Aluminum Rhombus trim. I added that originally but then when I saw pictures on the forum of it with this interior, I backed out, as it looked too bright and disrupted the nice contrast of the leather. Also, B-Pillar in RaceTex was my original before I saw pictures and I did not like how it was executed around the sharp edge and switched to B-Pillars in leather which requires door sills to be leather. One other thing I am not sure about for the GTS if GTS logo is imprinted on the headrests with this Leather interior as standard no cost option. The reason I am calling this out is that you are adding Crests to the Headrests for a cost.

- No Night Vision: Are you sure about this one. You are not driving at night where people walk when it is dark and animals do not stand in the middle of the road or cross the road before you can react? This feature already paid for itself many times over for us on the Cayenne since the detection is beyond the visible headlight beams and reaction is many times of a human.

- 150kW/400V DC: I kept it but lots of good discussion that this is useless and adds like 45lbs.
SergeyIndy,

Don't want to take away from the original poster's thread, but thought I would discuss your accidental thoughts on my build to reveal my thinking process, and if it helps the original poster's build or others, even better.

I spent a lot of time on this forum and really learned a lot prior to finalizing my build and appreciated all the knowledge here.

I agree with many of the things that you bring up.

My build has been locked for awhile already, but it never gets old discussing these things!

- Neptune: Have you seen this color in real life. It has many variations under natural light conditions so do not want you to regret it since its intended glow was not matching the real life for me. I changed my choice to 3rd choice of Ice Grey but otherwise would have gone with the 2nd choice of Chalk but I already have a 2020 Cayenne in Chalk. Neptune is a little risky for me to be honest, but having had a Chalk Panamera and a Daytona Gray S8 prior to that, I was in the mood for a little color and risk, and the Neptune was as far as I could go and feel comfortable. Mamba green and carmine red were a little too much for me. The fact that Neptune changes in different lights is interesting and I did see that prior to committing, I suppose we will see how that plays out, but otherwise am pretty happy with that decision after also seeing the color in real life a few times.

- VLC Roof: Are you sure about this one. I also had that optioned and when I saw it in real life, it did not block the sun and just clouded it a little. Then the GTS example had it broken (one panel would not turn off) and my SA strongly cautioned against it. Does limited function and a chance of a major headache like this with such a new feature worth it to you? I am definitely not sure about this, but the geeky and techy side of me could not pass this up, although if it helps diffuse some of the sun on my hair thinning head, I'll take it. I don't need it to darken the interior, just soften the light and heat a bit. As for the risk that it will break, and cost to fix, as far as I am concerned, the whole electric vehicle thing falls in to that category for me, so I didn't want to leave this gadget on the table if I was going all in anyway.

- Dashcam Prep: Not expensive but are you sure about this one. I had it added and deleted it at the last minute since my SA told me it is not a plug and play and it will take hours for them to get to the wire and install it. I do not have any evidence that this is the way it is but I went with my SAs recommendation. It was cheap enough that I figured why not in case somebody figures out away to tap into it for an aftermarket dashcam. My build locked before there was much if any experience with people actually getting cars delivered with it and playing around with installations.

- Interior Upgrades: I have the same interior color combo with Chalk seatbelts. Are you sure about Aluminum Rhombus trim. I added that originally but then when I saw pictures on the forum of it with this interior, I backed out, as it looked too bright and disrupted the nice contrast of the leather. Also, B-Pillar in RaceTex was my original before I saw pictures and I did not like how it was executed around the sharp edge and switched to B-Pillars in leather which requires door sills to be leather. One other thing I am not sure about for the GTS if GTS logo is imprinted on the headrests with this Leather interior as standard no cost option. The reason I am calling this out is that you are adding Crests to the Headrests for a cost. It's funny that you bring this up, this was a difficult decision for me, I just felt that the door was too dark with the standard black brushed aluminum finish on the GTS and I was not going for a carbon theme on the car and was considering adding the painted body color door handle until I saw a picture of a Neptune blue with chalk interior GTS on the neptune blue picture thread at which point I was sold. I chose not to do the painted trim. The aluminum is brighter for sure, but I kinda like the lighter and more airy feel I perceive with it. The real life pictures of it was what convinced me to confirm this choice, go figure?

Covering the B- pillar was important to me for sure, I did not notice any issues with its fitment as you describe in pictures I have seen, will have to look again, , but I'm sure it will still be better to me than the original plastic. The leather would have been a fine option as well but I am very sensitive to abraded leather having inadvertently done that to my Club leather seats in one spot on my current Panamera and did not want to take the chance of doing that to these more susceptible areas and not have a way to easily fix them.

GTS logo is deleted as soon as you select any leather interior on the GTS. There would be nothing on the headrests if I didn't choose the crest.

- No Night Vision: Are you sure about this one. You are not driving at night where people walk when it is dark and animals do not stand in the middle of the road or cross the road before you can react? This feature already paid for itself many times over for us on the Cayenne since the detection is beyond the visible headlight beams and reaction is many times of a human. Night vision is super cool, I have it on my current Panamera and in my commute, and usage I have never had it be useful or activate in warning. I have tested it and have confirmed that it functions and occasionally turn it on to my display for fun, but it did not feel worth it to me for the cost and my use case.

- 150kW/400V DC: I kept it but lots of good discussion that this is useless and adds like 45lbs. Yeah, waffled a lot on this for the unnecessary weight and hedging a bet on its usefulness that I new would likely not pan out, but hey, I will go out of my way to find a way to use it at least once so I can feel better about it if I have to, LOL

I really enjoy these types of analyses, so thank you for your thoughts SergeyIndy and to Scoutiipippen, sorry to have distracted from your thread.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I may have missed it but Lane Change Assist wasn't selected unless it was part of something else. I'd also reconsider the chalk seat belts just because they get dirty easily. Looks great but practicality is lacking.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@nischalr, I really enjoyed reading your replies with clear rationale behind each one, and again my apologies for going to your link as I realized the moment I wrote it that you are actually locked. Bottom, line is that we are here to help each other and for sure others will benefit a great deal from our choices and why we went for them.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I may have missed it but Lane Change Assist wasn't selected unless it was part of something else. I'd also reconsider the chalk seat belts just because they get dirty easily. Looks great but practicality is lacking.
I have Chalk seatbelts in my Chalk/Blue interior in the Cayenne and there is no issue with them getting dirty but the contrast and pop they provide vs. standard black is incomparable. So I am +1 for the Chalk seatbelts on the Black/Chalk interior.

OP
OP

Scoutiipippen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the forum.
That's a great looking car and it sounds like it was meant to be. You'll be very happy with the end result. On a sad note, my CT4S was clipped in a parking lot yesterday. Did about a $1k in damage. The CT plastic ferring took the brunt of the blow and saved me from a lot more body damage. So frustrating you have to park 8 miles away from everything to try and avoid all the knuckleheads.
20230207_155755.jpg
o Fack...sorryto see that. hope you can get it fixed well.

OP
OP

Scoutiipippen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SergeyIndy,

Don't want to take away from the original poster's thread, but thought I would discuss your accidental thoughts on my build to reveal my thinking process, and if it helps the original poster's build or others, even better.

I spent a lot of time on this forum and really learned a lot prior to finalizing my build and appreciated all the knowledge here.

I agree with many of the things that you bring up.

My build has been locked for awhile already, but it never gets old discussing these things!

- Neptune: Have you seen this color in real life. It has many variations under natural light conditions so do not want you to regret it since its intended glow was not matching the real life for me. I changed my choice to 3rd choice of Ice Grey but otherwise would have gone with the 2nd choice of Chalk but I already have a 2020 Cayenne in Chalk. Neptune is a little risky for me to be honest, but having had a Chalk Panamera and a Daytona Gray S8 prior to that, I was in the mood for a little color and risk, and the Neptune was as far as I could go and feel comfortable. Mamba green and carmine red were a little too much for me. The fact that Neptune changes in different lights is interesting and I did see that prior to committing, I suppose we will see how that plays out, but otherwise am pretty happy with that decision after also seeing the color in real life a few times.

- VLC Roof: Are you sure about this one. I also had that optioned and when I saw it in real life, it did not block the sun and just clouded it a little. Then the GTS example had it broken (one panel would not turn off) and my SA strongly cautioned against it. Does limited function and a chance of a major headache like this with such a new feature worth it to you? I am definitely not sure about this, but the geeky and techy side of me could not pass this up, although if it helps diffuse some of the sun on my hair thinning head, I'll take it. I don't need it to darken the interior, just soften the light and heat a bit. As for the risk that it will break, and cost to fix, as far as I am concerned, the whole electric vehicle thing falls in to that category for me, so I didn't want to leave this gadget on the table if I was going all in anyway.

- Dashcam Prep: Not expensive but are you sure about this one. I had it added and deleted it at the last minute since my SA told me it is not a plug and play and it will take hours for them to get to the wire and install it. I do not have any evidence that this is the way it is but I went with my SAs recommendation. It was cheap enough that I figured why not in case somebody figures out away to tap into it for an aftermarket dashcam. My build locked before there was much if any experience with people actually getting cars delivered with it and playing around with installations.

- Interior Upgrades: I have the same interior color combo with Chalk seatbelts. Are you sure about Aluminum Rhombus trim. I added that originally but then when I saw pictures on the forum of it with this interior, I backed out, as it looked too bright and disrupted the nice contrast of the leather. Also, B-Pillar in RaceTex was my original before I saw pictures and I did not like how it was executed around the sharp edge and switched to B-Pillars in leather which requires door sills to be leather. One other thing I am not sure about for the GTS if GTS logo is imprinted on the headrests with this Leather interior as standard no cost option. The reason I am calling this out is that you are adding Crests to the Headrests for a cost. It's funny that you bring this up, this was a difficult decision for me, I just felt that the door was too dark with the standard black brushed aluminum finish on the GTS and I was not going for a carbon theme on the car and was considering adding the painted body color door handle until I saw a picture of a Neptune blue with chalk interior GTS on the neptune blue picture thread at which point I was sold. I chose not to do the painted trim. The aluminum is brighter for sure, but I kinda like the lighter and more airy feel I perceive with it. The real life pictures of it was what convinced me to confirm this choice, go figure?

Covering the B- pillar was important to me for sure, I did not notice any issues with its fitment as you describe in pictures I have seen, will have to look again, , but I'm sure it will still be better to me than the original plastic. The leather would have been a fine option as well but I am very sensitive to abraded leather having inadvertently done that to my Club leather seats in one spot on my current Panamera and did not want to take the chance of doing that to these more susceptible areas and not have a way to easily fix them.

GTS logo is deleted as soon as you select any leather interior on the GTS. There would be nothing on the headrests if I didn't choose the crest.

- No Night Vision: Are you sure about this one. You are not driving at night where people walk when it is dark and animals do not stand in the middle of the road or cross the road before you can react? This feature already paid for itself many times over for us on the Cayenne since the detection is beyond the visible headlight beams and reaction is many times of a human. Night vision is super cool, I have it on my current Panamera and in my commute, and usage I have never had it be useful or activate in warning. I have tested it and have confirmed that it functions and occasionally turn it on to my display for fun, but it did not feel worth it to me for the cost and my use case.

- 150kW/400V DC: I kept it but lots of good discussion that this is useless and adds like 45lbs. Yeah, waffled a lot on this for the unnecessary weight and hedging a bet on its usefulness that I new would likely not pan out, but hey, I will go out of my way to find a way to use it at least once so I can feel better about it if I have to, LOL

I really enjoy these types of analyses, so thank you for your thoughts SergeyIndy and to Scoutiipippen, sorry to have distracted from your thread.
No need to apologize. I am loving the dialogue and learning about other peoples decisions. THIS IS EXACTLY what I wanted in this forum :)

OP
OP

Scoutiipippen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@nischalr, I really enjoyed reading your replies with clear rationale behind each one, and again my apologies for going to your link as I realized the moment I wrote it that you are actually locked. Bottom, line is that we are here to help each other and for sure others will benefit a great deal from our choices and why we went for them.
I also enjoyed your responses @SergeyIndy

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
This is a well spec'd GTS and not having the GTS interior but speccing luwury items makes me wonder whether you would be better with a Turbo. Personally I would not spec a GTS without the unique GTS wheels and interior.

The other things I prefer to see on an ST for cosmetics are no roof bars and no rear smoke windows but this is probably just me.

On colour I've seen both Chalk and Neptune. I chose Neptune. Chalk looks drab in my opinion especially in the sun and I live in Sunny SW France. But colour is a personal preference.

Reactions: B61

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
Hi all, first time on this forum and the content looks great. I originally posted this on Rennlist, but looking forward to getting new perspectives and experiences.

Some of the coolest threads that I've read started at the beginning of a process. I guess this will be mine. I am located in Los Angeles. As some of you know, Southern California, primarily Los Angeles was a very unique and difficult place to be during Covid. I work in logistics so I saw first hand the craziness with supply chain. My story began 2 years ago when I first saw the Audi RS6 and fell in love with sport wagons. Little did I know that I was going to go down a long and difficult road over the last 24 months just to get an allocation, just not with Audi. It was unbelievable what dealerships were doing out here....marking up new European cars for $20-100k upcharge off MSRP for high performance vehicles. The frenzy was crazy here in So Cal. Mark ups were even in closer states like Nevada and AZ because they knew LA people would drive out there. In the end, I put a down payment on a car that had zero allocation a year ago to an Audi dealership in Atlanta. Luckily for me, they never came through on their allocations.

Along the way I ended up picking up a couple toys that introduced me to the build quality of Porsche. I used to be an all American type of guy (that includes Tesla as I've had 2 model S p100d's and 1 model x 100d). One day I was on Bring a Trailer and saw a mint, low mile, original 2005 silver 997.1. I bid on it...and won! When this 18 year old car came back to me I was amazed at the quality of the interior and finish all around. If Porsche can last 17 years and look brand spanking new...then what was I missing out on? I ended up selling my Tesla Model x (mainly because my kids would get sick from the instant torque and after cleaning up vomit a couple of times, i decided to switch). I ended up purchasing a 2019 Porsche Cayenne e hybrid and was blown away at the ride quality, speed and power, and just plain sensibleness of the mpg. This was 4 months ago. I still love the Audi rs6, but Porsche just started to take over my lust! Last week, a local dealer posted a black on black CT 4 Turismo and remembered that my love for a wagon was always there. I had never seen one before so I went to check it out. The drive blew me away, and the Porsche electric sound gave me the visceral feedback I missed, but knowing it was electric made me feel great as I have a long commute. win >win>win.

I was ready to make a deal and buy it on the spot. But here's where the games started. I walked out 2 times from the dealer because they wanted to mark it up $10k. I said to them that in this market with inflation who is going to pay this and its also the reason why we have inflation in this economy. California dealers really get a bad name for being greedy and not focusing on relationships. I sent there again, and they dropped it $1000. Frustrated, I went home the second time and found this forum. At first it was for advice to trade my Cayenne e hybrid, but that dealership low balled me. luckily I found an angel on the forum : @ssim (Can't thank you enough!!!) post and I PM'd him. He connected me same evening and connected me with his dealer in the east coast that doesn't play the mark up game. I was given the allocation the very next day, and with @ssim and his dealer I said f%$k it and built my dream build. Car should be on the line hopefully late March , early April, then make its way via cargo ship to PEC Los Angeles.

I definitely don't mind waiting. I makes the anticipation and yearning that much sweeter. Looking forward to updating you all with pics as the journey unfolds.

P.S. Here is my build https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PP3LPHA4
vIz2Dkt%25X3sjnLwKAaXPVKeP3fCwcUACvWdTIrM8mak6X%25.jpg

Beautiful build! Congrats and looking forward to more pics after collection. @ssim comes through again! 😊