Drive system control fault....

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Lost all power and rolled to a stop. The cars been pretty good for 8000 miles with only minor niggles and then this. Switched off and on and drove home... strange

wife took the shaky pic
Porsche Taycan Drive system control fault.... 4013221D-BAFD-42F1-A074-DF51D2A47A12
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Lost all power and rolled to a stop. The cars been pretty good for 8000 miles with only minor niggles and then this. Switched off and on and drove home... strange

wife took the shaky pic
4013221D-BAFD-42F1-A074-DF51D2A47A12.jpeg
Sounds like the same issue everyone else has been seeing. Did you have the WMA5 update applied to your car recently? I believe it's the big one that requires you to take it in to the dealer and adds support for wireless Carplay.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Did you have to leave the car roll to a stop before being able to start it again?

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Another one bites the dust... I too am wondering if you went through an update recently. This doesn’t spell good things...

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Yes, the ‘big’ update was done about a month ago, I have done about 600 miles since though with no problems to date. Yes you have to roll to a stop ( severe judder the last 5 metres or so, switched off and restarted fine

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
Yes, the ‘big’ update was done about a month ago, I have done about 600 miles since though with no problems to date. Yes you have to roll to a stop ( severe judder the last 5 metres or so, switched off and restarted fine
definitely seems to be related to that update. Hopefully that allows them to track it down quickly

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Has it happened just the once, or more?. Drove another 200 miles today with no problem
Only once, then I immediately had them take the car and fix it. After two days, the tech told me the problem was fixed, so I don't have any reason to doubt him.

1 problem/600 miles => 2 problems/(600+600). I would definitely get the car fixed. If not, I would anticipate another occurrence.

clivep

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2021
Country flag

wife took the shaky pic

wife took the shaky pic
I have just had the same message and problem today - while driving in Scotland by coincidence. I have completed 3000 miles and had the software update in late March after about 500 miles. The car has performed brilliantly in the Highlands and it was a shock when the same message popped up and I appeared to lose all drive power. Fortunately I was on a downhill section of the A9 and a parking layby appeared within about 300m so I rolled to a stop. Switched off, restarted and have had no problem since (over another 100 miles). The ambient temp was 23 degrees, battery temp 32 degrees, I was in Normal mode using Innodrive at the time (although it was passive) and I was behind a slow moving truck which may have deprived me of cooling. I had driven around 140 miles at average 55mph without a hit of an issue.
I suspect it was a software fault and not a problem with the drive in fact - but it is pretty dangerous and very inconvenient if it were to prevent driving on. I will relay this to my Porsche dealer to see if they advise a checkup.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I have just had the same message and problem today - while driving in Scotland by coincidence. I have completed 3000 miles and had the software update in late March after about 500 miles. The car has performed brilliantly in the Highlands and it was a shock when the same message popped up and I appeared to lose all drive power. Fortunately I was on a downhill section of the A9 and a parking layby appeared within about 300m so I rolled to a stop. Switched off, restarted and have had no problem since (over another 100 miles). The ambient temp was 23 degrees, battery temp 32 degrees, I was in Normal mode using Innodrive at the time (although it was passive) and I was behind a slow moving truck which may have deprived me of cooling. I had driven around 140 miles at average 55mph without a hit of an issue.
I suspect it was a software fault and not a problem with the drive in fact - but it is pretty dangerous and very inconvenient if it were to prevent driving on. I will relay this to my Porsche dealer to see if they advise a checkup.
This is the first time I have heard of it happening while someone was using Innodrive, but I admit it was a situation I had thought about, because I plan to use ACC and possibly ALK for long drives. When you lost power, I assume you also lost all ACC/ALK functions? In that case, if you had not taken over the steering, would the steering wheel have reset to a default position (if it was turned at the time of power loss) and thus caused the car to just continue straight ahead? Quite dangerous if say you were in the middle of a turn at that moment.

clivep

First Name
Clive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2021
Country flag
I believe that the Innodrive was in passive mode at the time so I was steering manually (I would in any case have had hold of the wheel), the steering can always be manually over-ridden in Innodrive so I doubt that there would be a safety issue in this respect. I did lose all the Assistance systems though. My biggest concern was that there was a total loss of power so if I had been climbing a hill I would have stopped almost immediately, regardless of safety, despite the message "park safely"!

OP
OP
jetbox

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
So, went to the dealer to download the fault codes, there is a software update to fix this issue available . Something to do with calibration between the front and rear motors. Not fixed today but booked in for the software fix in a few weeks

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
So, went to the dealer to download the fault codes, there is a software update to fix this issue available . Something to do with calibration between the front and rear motors. Not fixed today but booked in for the software fix in a few weeks
Not a comfort to many on this forum, but if this is the case that would imply that power loss will not be an issue for the RWD (expecting to pick up mine next weekend). Not seeing any incidents listed for RWD on the NHTSA yet either, but not sure how many are on the road in the US yet.

ss782b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS
Country flag
I got this exact error message whilst trying to set off today. I called Porsche Roadside out but locked and left it whilst waiting for them and it had gone by the time they got to me.

He plugged in his diagnostic equipment and cleared some apparently unrelated fault codes and said all seemed well.

Happened again to me on the motorway a couple more times this evening and managed to safely get to the hard shoulder each time, turn off then restart and carry on. But I will be getting this looked at as soon possible.
Sponsored