Driving in Europe

hrtlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Western Europe has plenty of 200kw+ fast chargers. There is almost no need for any planning and drive it like ICE car. The problem is when you reach the eastern europe - Poland, Czech Republic (where I am from) and further, then it is more sparse.
Sponsored

EdwinT

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, Porsche 356a T1
Country flag
Try to download an app like Chargefinder, which is free to use. You can filter on charging capacity and you will see how many chargers there are on the map.

Have been travelling to germany, austria, france, italy, switserland withour any charge”stress”.
For switserland i created an account on EVpass as not all regular charging pass even porsche is accepted.

Using the porsche navigation works nicely and will help you to plan the most efficient route.
I did a feature request at Porsche to add the option to find a place where you can have a lunchbreak and charge ;)

But again, no issues at all!

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
We have our second home in southern Bavaria. I live mainly in Finland. I have driven many times from Finland (boat to Stockholm) to Germany and also visit Austria regularly. Been to Italy, too. I mainly charge only on Ionitys, as they are way cheaper. Very rarely have I had a problem on Ionity, but if so, I just changed to next charger.
There are more cars on Ionitys now but I still have never had to queue :).
Very happy with my car and the charging. Just remember to always put the Ionity destination to your Porsche navigator, as then you will have proper temperature in your battery, when charging starts.

Allydee

First Name
Ally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo
Country flag
Living in France and having frequent roadtrip across eastern Europe, I'm really impressed by the quality and the density of fast charging infrastructures. Last week I went skiing in the Alps (750 kms both ways) and encountered no issue charging, even close the ski resorts.

The typical situation on french highways:
IMG_1754.JPG

Besides the Porsche Charging services card,you might need few additional tricks I attempted to resume here: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/requirements-for-driving-in-france….15865/post-264901

I recently tested to charge at a Tesla Supercharger and the experience was actually quite good.
IMG_1827.JPG

Price comparison between a Taycan charging on highways and a Panamera refuelling on highways goes in favor of the Taycan by 1 to 2.

As a summary, take theTaycan to Europe!
I found Teslas don't like you parking side on over 3 spaces

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Don’t do that. That’s definitely bad manners (and against the “rules” of supercharger access).

However for the OP in a British spec. RHD Taycan our DC ports can be in the wrong position (unlike some the LHD car photos above) for Tesla charging - especially for V2 and v3 based Supercharger sites.

So just park in the adjacent bay, but don’t park over or across the bay lines, as said.

Most V4 sites are OK.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Doesn’t seem obvious on the picture but I perfectly fitted the parking place. On my left there was a ModelY with the driver of which I had a chitchat.