Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Was down in Edinburgh yesterday on business, heading up the M90 towards Perth Ionity, I passed an unmarked BMW estate (silver) at a very spirted speed, took the A9 turn off towards Ionity and the dreaded flashing blues came on! So pulled over and the two cops said they clocked me at 98mph. However on this occasion they are not going to book me!! So a lucky story, not sure why they didnt book me for it to be honest, maybe they couldn't get a reading suitable enough to charge? Any ideas? Btw 98 was far short! lol, that car moves like crazy!
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wait, book you as in arrest you or give you a ticket?

Because if you got off without a ticket for that I'd love to know your trick (..or maybe I wouldn't.) :CWL:

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Was down in Edinburgh yesterday on business, heading up the M90 towards Perth Ionity, I passed an unmarked BMW estate (silver) at a very spirted speed, took the A9 turn off towards Ionity and the dreaded flashing blues came on! So pulled over and the two cops said they clocked me at 98mph. However on this occasion they are not going to book me!! So a lucky story, not sure why they didnt book me for it to be honest, maybe they couldn't get a reading suitable enough to charge? Any ideas? Btw 98 was far short! lol, that car moves like crazy!
Sounds like it was your lucky day!

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait, book you as in arrest you or give you a ticket?

Because if you got off without a ticket for that I'd love to know your trick (..or maybe I wouldn't.) :CWL:
Basically he said that at 98, I'd be summoned to court and guaranteed 6 penalty points. 12 and your banned in the UK. Over 100 mph normally means a ban. However he must have been going off shift or the car radar was not calibrated or something. He just let me off with a warning, in the UK he just notes your name/details and wishes you a safe onward journey! Obviously everything I'm writing here is rubbish in case I'm unknowing incriminating my-self! I was only doing ~70mph.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
After I went for my first test drive with the Taycan, I was on my way home in my Audi with 150 hp and I got caught at a speed camera. I guess I was missing the fast car?

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
After I went for my first test drive with the Taycan, I was on my way home in my Audi with 150 hp and I got caught at a speed camera. I guess I was missing the fast ca
Basically he said that at 98, I'd be summoned to court and guaranteed 6 penalty points. 12 and your banned in the UK. Over 100 mph normally means a ban. However he must have been going off shift or the car radar was not calibrated or something. He just let me off with a warning, in the UK he just notes your name/details and wishes you a safe onward journey! Obviously everything I'm writing here is rubbish in case I'm unknowing incriminating my-self! I was only doing ~70mph.
Gordon ,
Would have thought the Fishnet Stockings helped your case !!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Come visit Munich and we drive the Garmischer Autobahn... at 98mph we'd be a traffic hindrance in the left lane :).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Gogs Wow, lucky! In the states you can end up in cuffs going 98.

But yes, even the 4S is just insane in terms of real world use. You can easily hit 110 passing someone from 50 in just the blink of an eye and the car does it effortlessly. It's also tremendous fun so you do have to be on high alert for police.

I also wonder what people think when a car silently goes flying past them. So far I haven't had any road rage incidents, people tend to get really angry here even if they're driving slowly & you pass them legally, which I can only chalk up to it being an EV.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
They were off duty and if so they had no right to stop you. I have had the exact same situation but the copper told me he was off duty. I was nice and polite and apologetic up until this point but once he told me he was off duty and I told him he had no right to stop me he wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible especially as my wife was about to film the conversation LOL!

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
They were off duty and if so they had no right to stop you. I have had the exact same situation but the copper told me he was off duty. I was nice and polite and apologetic up until this point but once he told me he was off duty and I told him he had no right to stop me he wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible especially as my wife was about to film the conversation LOL!
What a Sad World !

• Haha
Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My mate recorded me getting stopped in Florida and edited the video of the bad boys what u going do track on it. He’s no longer my pal!

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If I was pulled over for speeding by an off-duty policeman I'd continue to be polite and respectful even after I knew he was off duty. I'd consider myself lucky and count my blessings, not try and inflame a situation or film it. I see no "LOL" in this situation?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Different viewpoints, fair enough, that's what forums are for but I've had enough of the Police bullying people in this country. I was speeding, I got caught, I would have got fine - my bad luck and yes me being a dick for speeding but if they were off duty they had no right to stop me and to top it off his colleague was taking pictures with my car! Typical UK police throwing their weight around.

So yes I still LOL at this as they way they made a run was indeed funny and I'm sure they won't be stopping anyone when they are not supposed to!

Consider yourself lucky Gogs.
Sponsored