Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Anyone test drove the base taycan with steel springs on 21s

ive heard 20s are comfortable but haven’t heard about 21s
Yep, was fine even on U.K. roads, but then all my current vehicles are fairly hard riding cars.

Shaqs

First Name
Shakil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3.
Country flag
that's a relief; I ordered the red without air suspension - a bit of a gamble - hope it pays off- was it still a smooth ride?
I’m about to place an order for the RWD. Question is regarding the air suspension. There are a few road ramps where I live. Will the coil spring suspension and the height of the car allow me to clear these ramps or will the air suspension be better as it can lift the car by 2cm?

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I’m about to place an order for the RWD. Question is regarding the air suspension. There are a few road ramps where I live. Will the coil spring suspension and the height of the car allow me to clear these ramps or will the air suspension be better as it can lift the car by 2cm?
I find the ramps (inclines) are not a problem...had a problem w/ my Cayman S but none w/ my Taycan (RWD;springs only)

KeyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got my Taycan RWD w/ the coil spring suspension & 20 inches wheels about a month ago, and I love it. The riding quality is absolutely amazing. It is not as smooth as my previous W222 S-Class, but still way beyond my expectation.

KeyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The height of Taycan w/ spring is higher than those w/ air suspension in normal mode. It will be fine.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I am in an RWD loaner, it is pretty bare boned option wise but unless you've had a taste of the better optioned models it is far better than most other cars that you could buy.

Shaqs

First Name
Shakil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3.
Country flag
I am in an RWD loaner, it is pretty bare boned option wise but unless you've had a taste of the better optioned models it is far better than most other cars that you could buy.
Well I’m stepping up from a Mazda 3. Comfort wise don’t think it’ll be an issue compared to what I’m use to driving. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to scrape the front bottom every time I go to visit my mum with the hundreds of road ramps that are there

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Here is what I posted in another thread:

I think that Porsche very intentionally made the 4S a meaningful jump up in low speed acceleration from the RWD in order to motivate buyers into the more expensive model. I say intentionally because I think the RWD is artificially detuned by software more than it should be at low speeds to maintain a pre-determined performance gap between the two models. It doesn’t seem so far away from the 4S at speed. With that said, if I didn’t regularly exercise my right foot on the accelerator of my vehicles, the RWD would have been plenty for normal driving duties. However after considering how much I was set to spend on the RWD and not meaningfully improving on at least the acceleration aspect of my last Audi, I would have had reason to regret not spending the extra $20K for the 4S to be content with the low end acceleration.
Agreed, I own a RWD 79kw/h batter and 0-60 5.1 seconds is slow (performance battery has the same acceleration) in the EV world, only faster than Kia Kona and Bolt. An electric Porsche should be in the 4ish seconds, I think is limited by software just to push buyers to the 4s for 20K more.

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
It’s fine ; I’ve driven 2500 miles no problems with humps etc ; at the same time the car does still look low to the ground so aesthetically it is fine

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Overall, a VERY nice car that will make many people happy. For myself, I’m now more satisfied with the step up to a 4S from my original RWD order having not driven the RWD at the time. Definitely see a market for the RWD and am sure Porsche will sell more than a few of them.
Last October, my PC said, half Taycan sales are RWD. Now I see them on the road. Last week in the PC 5 x RWD Taycan, 1 x 4S Taycan.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I wonder if they could up the 0-60 for the base with the larger battery via an Over the Air update. I agree, give us a little better performance for spending $5,710 for the bigger battery rather than just 30 more miles of range.

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wonder if they could up the 0-60 for the base with the larger battery via an Over the Air update. I agree, give us a little better performance for spending $5,710 for the bigger battery rather than just 30 more miles of range.
I'm not a fan of Tesla cars. However, their software is unparalleled. They are consistently pushing OTA updates to their customers, such as adding infotainment features, improving range and performance.

I really hope Porsche can catch up with their software and provide this same experience. Unfortunately, they are at least five years behind Tesla in that regard.